Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRdad
Zidjan,

I just installed the Mina exhaust on my XKR. You'll have a tough time getting the resonator sections out without either a lift or cutting the pipe that goes over the axle. To refresh: in order, you have the cats, then I guess you could call it the combined "center muffler", then the two resonators, then the two mufflers, and lastly the tips. The Mina exhaust attaches to the "center muffler" but does not replace it.

The sound is very subtle at first, but as I have added miles, it is starting to mellow a bit deeper. I'm not getting any drone. I would drive it for a month or two, then decide if you want any more sound. Then replace the "center muffler" with either a X or H pipe.
Yeaah I actually just looked over the pipings last night to see if I can work on it myself, you were right cause it requires cutting....so I'll have a shop do it for me.

Do you feel any difference in power or responsiveness besides the sound?

Old 08-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I did notice a bit more get up and go.

Oh BTW, I've heard that the Mina SC pulley will make noise due to its metal composition.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRdad
Yes, I did notice a bit more get up and go.

Oh BTW, I've heard that the Mina SC pulley will make noise due to its metal composition.
Mine's an Na no SC here... I wish I had the XKR ..so the pulley won't apply to me.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregfromuk
I have the Adamesh rear muffler delete. It doesn't drone at all at any speed but it does sound very nice when I hit the thrust pedal :-)
I’ve just fitted the same kit and am very pleased with the resulting sound: enough but not too much IMO.

R

Old 08-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Is this the Adamesh kit you installed?

jaguar xk8 and xkr sports exhaust | performance part

Seems pretty reasonable, even with overseas shipping.

Why do you think there is not drone with this kit as opposed to the Mina rear delete?

Old 08-29-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Is this the Adamesh kit you installed?

jaguar xk8 and xkr sports exhaust | performance part

Seems pretty reasonable, even with overseas shipping.

Why do you think there is not drone with this kit as opposed to the Mina rear delete?
I think your question was directed to GregfromUK, but that’s the kit I fitted and I’d say they drone is slight enough for me not to be concerned with it. No idea about the Mina offering so not able to compare.

R

The following users liked this post:
Madbrad (08-29-2015)
Old 08-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Mina

The Mina rear can delete I think is a good value. I choose the large round tips. I did notice the drone at highway speeds. Sounds to me like rear diff carrier bearings going bad. My fix was to add insulation ( u won't believe the difference overall) like a Dynamat product. I used an off brand. I then replaced the Mina tips with longer large round tips which further reduced the drone. I think the small 2 inch open up to the large tip changes the dynamics , tones. Overall well worth it. The car sounds great for minimal effort and $$ Rich

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Any downsides to replacing rear mufflers with something like the following?

Jaguar XK8 & XKR Mina Gallery Performance Muffler Delete Kit - Mina Gallery Inc

Seems like a fairly inexpensive way to have some fun.

Thanks.

Steve

Attached Thumbnails Muffler Delete-99-jag-exhaust-pipes.jpg  
Old 08-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by reb1999
The Mina rear can delete I think is a good value. I choose the large round tips. I did notice the drone at highway speeds. Sounds to me like rear diff carrier bearings going bad. My fix was to add insulation ( u won't believe the difference overall) like a Dynamat product. I used an off brand. I then replaced the Mina tips with longer large round tips which further reduced the drone. I think the small 2 inch open up to the large tip changes the dynamics , tones. Overall well worth it. The car sounds great for minimal effort and $$ Rich
That sounds (!) interesting, whereabouts did you apply the insulation to? (I applied some to another car but only lined the spare wheel void).

R

Old 08-31-2015, 07:12 AM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Insulation

Hi Ralphy, the insulation I purchased through e bay at app $ 1.00 per foot. Installed on my xk8 as well as one of my pickups. The Jag, app 90 percent of the trunk where I could, spare tire area, inside quarter panels, back of gas tank, under carpet rear seat area as well as area convertible top sits from the interior of the vehicle. As I said, would not believe the road noise difference.
Rich

Originally Posted by ralphy
That sounds (!) interesting, whereabouts did you apply the insulation to? (I applied some to another car but only lined the spare wheel void).

R

The following users liked this post:
ralphy (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by reb1999
Hi Ralphy, the insulation I purchased through e bay at app $ 1.00 per foot. Installed on my xk8 as well as one of my pickups. The Jag, app 90 percent of the trunk where I could, spare tire area, inside quarter panels, back of gas tank, under carpet rear seat area as well as area convertible top sits from the interior of the vehicle. As I said, would not believe the road noise difference.
Rich
Hi Rich,
thanks for that, I’ll start measuring up today!

R

Old 09-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm pretty sure the previous owner(RIP Ralphy) of my car had the rear mufflers deleted and some make up pieces put in. I got the old rear sections/mufflers, tips etc when I bought the car.
It sounds great.
He did buy a bit of Adamesh gear but I didn't find an invoice for an exhaust system.
I can take a video on the phone, of it idling and maybe some driving up the drive and under some throttle whilst stationary.Can't really get out for a while with someone to video it under load out on the road.
And some pics from underneath maybe.
Let me know if anyone wants any of that.

Pete

Old 09-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone had the Miltek kit fitted? have been thinking of changing the exhaust too