XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel spacers and lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have got a kit.
Distance between holes is correct but i have to check offset!

The following users liked this post:
Ungn (01-17-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 375 Likes on 309 Posts

I'm going to London in March for my kid's Spring break. That is the kind of souvenir I'd love to stick in my suitcase.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ungn
I'm going to London in March for my kid's Spring break. That is the kind of souvenir I'd love to stick in my suitcase.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ungn
Have you had any time to see if the offset works?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member

DB7 front brakes appear to use earlier Jag parts and the DB7 Brembo style pads don't fit XK8 or XJR Brembo brake calipers.

DB7's use the same wheel bearing, but then a lot of cars do.

If the Spindles were the same, the Rotors were the same and the hubs the same, they should work, but I can't find a Cross references that shows any of these three are the same.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:49 PM

Same here. I've been checking and can't find any cross reference info that these would work.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:30 AM

Yep, I have these calipers and I have the X100.
Caliper hole distance is OK with the hub.
Caliper holes diameter are OK too.
The last point is to check caliper to hub offset.

I will check these points as soon as possible!!!

johns55 (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 11:47 AM

I've just found out that these calipers use the same front pads as the Brembo XKR 2003-06.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:04 AM

I don't have time yet to fit the calipers and check the compatibility but they are on my shelves.
If anyone has a pair of OEM caliper available, I would be happy to compare some points to get a definitive assesment.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:43 PM

Hey guys, Here's an update. After checking those Aston Martin calipers and making visual reference to the Jag versions, they looked the same to me. I took a chance and ordered them. They showed up today and I did a quick check since I have the rear end out of the car. The fit perfectly. The offset seems to be fine, bolt holes line up and the rotors turn without hitting anything.

Now the big problem. The come unloaded. No pins or anti rattle clip. Checking online, these are ridiculously expensive. Anyone know if there is a cross reference to a pin and clip set that might work for a better price? I'm seeing over $100 per set.

Here is the rear set.

And the front

This is with the pads installed

lled

Old 01-26-2017, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

Look great. The clip kit looks pretty caliper specific (and nothing like and way more expensive looking than the clips on my 2013 Mustang 4 piston brembos)

My mustang caliper clips/pins look like $20 caliper clips/pins (per/pair).

Old 01-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by johns55
They come unloaded.
At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the pins and clip from the set you posted earlier might fit. Then again, you probably returned that kit whole.

Once you get around to it, let us know what you find out for the brake lines. From reading on this forum, it has been reported that the GoodRidge line fittings on the rear/car side are wrong. Also, there is indication that the "index" is incorrect also, i.e. a fitting has to be rotated 180 deg. to fit on the car D-shaped bracket. That makes me cringe a little. One would hope that GoodRidge would have fixed that by now, but this conversion has to be at such a low volume that it probably gets very little attention.

Also, can you share what brake rotors you went with? There seem to be a number of options out there. Some are sold as 1 part number, some are sold in pairs as the drill pattern is not necessarily symmetric.

The last thing is a set of bolts for the front calipers. I found some "geomet" bolts out there (non-Jaguar), but they were not much cheaper than the Jaguar part.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:58 AM

Hi John, faster than me !!!
Have you had to tap hub front holes too fit front calipers ??

About pin kits, I've sourced the same site as calipers :
Front : https://astonmartinbits.com/models/1-DB7/parts/4283
Rear : https://astonmartinbits.com/models/1-DB7/parts/4284

They are really expensive but I didn't find them anywhere, even asking directly to Brembo! Those on EBay, even told for Brembo XKR, are not adequate 5I checked them after receiving mine).

Last edited by jeje; 01-27-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by fmertz
At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the pins and clip from the set you posted earlier might fit. Then again, you probably returned that kit whole.

Once you get around to it, let us know what you find out for the brake lines. From reading on this forum, it has been reported that the GoodRidge line fittings on the rear/car side are wrong. Also, there is indication that the "index" is incorrect also, i.e. a fitting has to be rotated 180 deg. to fit on the car D-shaped bracket. That makes me cringe a little. One would hope that GoodRidge would have fixed that by now, but this conversion has to be at such a low volume that it probably gets very little attention.

Also, can you share what brake rotors you went with? There seem to be a number of options out there. Some are sold as 1 part number, some are sold in pairs as the drill pattern is not necessarily symmetric.

The last thing is a set of bolts for the front calipers. I found some "geomet" bolts out there (non-Jaguar), but they were not much cheaper than the Jaguar part.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, I do realize the pins from the old set would fit They have been sent back and I was lucky the seller gave me a full refund.

I got the Centric rotors. I have used Centric rotors many times and I like them. No warping, good wear, and the hat doesn't rust out.

I know the brake lines will be a problem. I'll let you know how it goes with the Goodrich lines when I try to install them.

I got the front bolts from terrysjags.com.

fmertz (01-30-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jeje
Hi John, faster than me !!!
Have you had to tap hub front holes too fit front calipers ??

About pin kits, I've sourced the same site as calipers :
Front : https://astonmartinbits.com/models/1-DB7/parts/4283
Rear : https://astonmartinbits.com/models/1-DB7/parts/4284

They are really expensive but I didn't find them anywhere, even asking directly to Brembo! Those on EBay, even told for Brembo XKR, are not adequate 5I checked them after receiving mine).
Thanks for this JeJe. My plan was to email them to find out the price from them. It's expensive, but better than anything I can find in the states. I haven't taped the holes out yet. I just pushed the bolt in there enough to hold the caliper, then bolted the rotor on and spun it. No rubbing anywhere.

I still have a lot to do as I'm also replacing rusted out fuel lines in the rear. I have the lowering springs done on the rear. Now I'm working on the front. I have also found a lot of rust behind the front subframe upper A arm. I may drop the front subframe to fix the rust. Fun, fun, fun.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by johns55
I got the Centric rotors.
Can you confirm the part as CENTRIC 128.20020? Thanks.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by fmertz
Can you confirm the part as CENTRIC 128.20020? Thanks.
That's correct, 128.20020 for the fronts and 128.20021 for the rear.

fmertz (02-02-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts

John, The Brembo's will fit but the use of Spacers to use your double 5's is a bad idea....Spacers are never good for any application as they are not safe. Why don't go ahead and get some Detroit 20's" or Montreal 20's" and make it look like a real Jaguar XK8?
You'll be a lot happier in the end!!! Better to go all the way than to half A-- it!

Good luck! Billy Clyde

Old 02-05-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by bcprice36
John, The Brembo's will fit but the use of Spacers to use your double 5's is a bad idea....Spacers are never good for any application as they are not safe. Why don't go ahead and get some Detroit 20's" or Montreal 20's" and make it look like a real Jaguar XK8?
You'll be a lot happier in the end!!! Better to go all the way than to half A-- it!

Good luck! Billy Clyde
Hi bcprice36. Yes I have thought about getting other wheels and not use the spacers. A few reasons that I won't do that at this time. I've spent too much money and my wife has cut me off . I know spacers aren't the best but for the time being I think it will be ok. I have new tires on my Double Fives so it would get very expensive making the switch. Plus, I have so much other things to spend money on, new motor mounts, rear fuel lines, lowering springs, brakes, etc. I may decide at a future date to change the wheels. I probably wouldn't go with 20s as the roads around here are absolutely terrible.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:56 AM

Just thought I'd update the thread. New new calpers, rotors and pads are installed. They work perfectly. I also removed the rear end to fix fuel lines and the front end to fix rust behind the upper control arm. I ended up replacing the front crossmember bushings and engine mounts. The Vee mounts were fine so I left them.

Lowering springs and H&R spacers installed with new shocks in the rear. The front shocks were replaced about a year ago. The car drives great.

I removed the Aston Martin decal and replaced with this.

Attached Thumbnails Wheel spacers and lowering springs-20170228_135953.jpg  
fmertz (03-03-2017)