Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Converting Jaguar Premium sound to B&W - XF '12

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting Jaguar Premium sound to B&W - XF '12

Good day! I'm new to this forum, since I have just got my first Jag two months ago - it's a 2012 XF 3.0D Portfolio, and I love everything about it, except one thing that just makes me lose sleep - the sound system. The one I have is the "jaguar premium sound", that does have the amp and the sub, but does not have a center speaker, and no Dolby Prologic either. I had a Volvo S80 with Dynaudio sound before that, and, compared to that setup, this "premium sound" is, well, disappointing.
So, naturally, I tried to do something about that. Replacing the front speakers was easy - I just replaced them with the B&W ones, and that really improved the sound.
The part that is still driving nuts is replacing the amp. I've got the Alpine amp from the B&W sound package, the connectors are ok, but of course just plugging it in doesn't make it work, since it's connected to the MOST bus, which needs to be reconfigured for the new amp, and after that, I have to do something to make those DSP settings appear in the menu.
Now, the question I have is - does someone have any experience in this case? I understand that I need a VCM and IDS/SDD software to do that, but so far every local dealer says that they won't do that since they're not allowed to. The question is - is it at least theoretically possible, or am I wasting my time and money?