Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Australia - New South Wales / ACT (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/australia-new-south-wales-act-93/)
-   -   All British Day, Kings School, September 14th 2014 - RESCHEDULED (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/australia-new-south-wales-act-93/all-british-day-kings-school-september-14th-2014-rescheduled-122073/)

Cambo 07-16-2014 09:21 PM

All British Day, Kings School, September 14th 2014 - RESCHEDULED

EDIT: After the bad weather the All British Day has been rescheduled to September 12th.

See the bottom post in this thread for more info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

The All British Day is on again this year, September 14th at the Kings School in North Parramatta

Official Website here All British Day Sydney

Of course, the Jaguar Drivers Club of Australia (NSW) will be running a Concours D'Elegance & Concours D'Etat, as well as the Concours D'Splay, i'll have the XJR in the Concours D'Etat. More info from the club here Jaguar Drivers Club of Australia

I went along last year, some pics here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...2013-a-101246/

Would be a good opportunity for us to meet up, I spoke with a couple of members that I know offline and there's good interest.

Who's up for a day out looking at British Cars?

o1xjr 07-18-2014 08:15 AM

Thanks Cameron,jogged my memory.ours is in September,I should post it too

cat_as_trophy 07-22-2014 06:26 PM

Hi Cam,

What a great initiative ... and what a great day out admiring Jaguars of all models and colours. Your pics of 2013 really do the event justice.

Thanks for the heads up on date (Aug 24) and your links for info. For those who don't know, the Kings School and magnificent surroundings offer a brilliant backdrop for this event ... and any half-decent sunshine will have those cars gleaming.

Add to this, a chance to match faces to names from JaguarForums, and this is a sure-fire "must do" that warrants being in every diary. With healthy home front willing, I plan to be there to catch up with Cam and as many other members from in and around Sydney as possible.

Best wishes, :icon_beerchug:
Ken

JimC64 07-24-2014 08:37 PM

Sounds great if we can get a few members along?

The banner should be in OZ by that time and available too I think, good for a few pics and a chance to add some sigs

Cambo 07-24-2014 09:29 PM

Well it's 4 weeks from now, so hopefully a few Sydney members will see this in the meantime... i'll be there either way...

cat_as_trophy 07-24-2014 10:41 PM

Yep, I'm planning to be there too ... nice 1200km round trip with an overnighter in Sydney. Our [07-JAG] needs the exercise. The only downside I can see is cleaning up those gleaming Mercury wheels after the trip down. Perhaps if I don't use the brakes ... hmmm?

OK fellas ... who else is up for it? A great day at the Kings School ... a forest of delicious cars ... and a chance to say "Hi" around the JaguarForums banner. You are not obliged to bring your beastie for display, but why not? If your name is on the list in post#4 of our "roll call" Sticky, you are about to get a personal invitation to come along and meet up ... but why wait?

Get it in the diary now ... and give us a "heads up" post here, eh?
Best wishes to everyone, :icon_beerchug:
Ken

kosta013 07-25-2014 10:36 AM

Yep, might see you there on 24/8

pmoore22 07-25-2014 09:55 PM

Thanks. Sounds great. However I'll be in France so maybe next time.
Phil

cat_as_trophy 07-26-2014 03:21 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums

Hey Phil ... and greetings from all of us around you here in NSW ...

I have taken the liberty of adding you to our NSW&ACT list of members, but can I ask you to jump over to our regional section (use link in my sig) and saying "hello" to your fellow members there ... post a new thread to tell us a bit about yourself and your interests, car etc. While there, check out the first Sticky which is a "roll call" list of members.

I am sure you have found your way to the model specific forums for any resources that you need, but do keep jumping around your Australian regional sections ... i guarantee you will be surprised at the breadth of knowledge and experience as well as help and friendship on offer here. Enjoy your visit to France, and perhaps we can catch up at some other event.

All that remains is for you to dive in ... and enjoy, :icon_toast:
Ken

Jag7651 07-26-2014 03:59 AM

Hello Cameron,
Many thanks for your message. Will be there on the 24th of August for sure. Although I have owned my jag for over 12 years this will be the first time i will be meeting other Jaguar Owners for a chat. Looking forward to meeting you there.
Gerard.

cat_as_trophy 07-26-2014 04:17 AM

Hey, welcome Gerard ... and greetings from all of us around you here in NSW ...

I have taken the liberty of adding you to our NSW&ACT list of members, but can I ask you to post into in the first Sticky which is a "roll call" list of members ... to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself and your interests, car etc. While there, check out post#4

I am sure you have found your way to the model specific forums for any resources that you need, but do keep jumping around your Australian regional sections ... i guarantee you will be surprised at the breadth of knowledge and experience as well as help and friendship on offer here.

Great to hear you will be along on Aug 24 and I trust we can catch up.

Best wishes... and enjoy, :icon_toast:
Ken

Cambo 08-11-2014 02:05 AM

Just under 2 weeks to go, anyone else up for it?

cat_as_trophy 08-11-2014 06:14 PM

Yep ...

Spent half an hour cleaning and polishing each of the Mercury wheels on [07-JAG] yesterday. Just practicing for the drive down from Coffs to Sydney for this meet ... brake dust really spoils the shine!

C'mon all you Jag lovers. What a great opportunity to get out and soak up all those great British marques. Bring the girlfriend; bring the wife; bring the whole family.

Just look for the Jaguar Forums banner ... say "hello" if the mood strikes you ... we might drool a bit; but guaranteed not to bite.

JimC64 08-14-2014 07:55 PM

Is there a listing of who is going, details of any numbers etc?

Sounds like a good day out

Cambo 08-14-2014 08:35 PM

Cambo351
cat_as_trophy
Kosta013
JAG7651
ozrkr (from the UK forum)

34by151 is overseas atm and i'm pretty sure he won't be back in time

Anyone else?

Valguard 08-15-2014 06:58 AM

Love to go and take the Daimler but sadly will be working. Definitely pencilling it in for next year.

spuddyo 08-18-2014 03:50 AM

Are you guys getting together to display your cars, is someone organising a club area for forum members ? Last year I took my xk8 along and ended up in the middle of nowhere, with some minis and MGs. I was not allowed to park with other jag owners.

Cambo 08-18-2014 08:16 AM

The display area's are for the car clubs only.

If you are a JDCA member you can buy an entry ticket (windscreen sticker) via the club which will get you in i.e. pays for parking / entry to the day, and if you get in early & leave late you can park in the display area. But it means you are stuck there the whole day.

If you're not displaying the car with the club then you get put in the general car park which is basically a first come first served setup & you could end up parking anywhere.

The clubs have their display areas on the playing fields, the general parking is around the playing fields. They're expecting ~1800 cars to be on display with the clubs and another 5'000 cars in the parking area. 10'000 visitors on the day...if you tell the guys at the gates that you need to go to the Jaguar display, hopefully they can direct you to the carpark which is closest.

Currently the club has ~80 cars booked in (max 200) so you could try to get in touch with Laurie (0419 five 3 seven 7 oh 2, clubpres[at]jaguar.org.au) he might be able to sort you out with a pre-booked ticket.

As for meeting up, well i'll be around the JDCA section as that's where my car will be, i'll be there from about 7.30am onwards. The jaguarforums.com banner will be with me & then we have to figure out where we can put it up. There is a spot I have in mind not far from the JDCA area.

I suggest we all meet up at the JDCA display, around the black XJR with the red leather interior :) if anyone needs to reach me, give me a call on 0488 one 2 one 8 nine oh....

EDIT

Here is a map of where we will be:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Entry_Map.jpg

Cambo 08-19-2014 04:06 PM

I got an email late last night, the All British Day has been cancelled. (but now rescheduled for September 14th)

Because of heavy rain in the last week or so, the playing fields are completely waterlogged, so the school had no choice but to to call the day off. The damage to the fields from vehicles (some of them being very heavy) is the major reason. Also setting up vendor stalls, and the tents/marquees on the waterlogged fields would have been an issue.

It may be rescheduled for later in the year, we will have to wait and see...will let you know as soon as I know.

o1xjr 08-20-2014 07:43 AM

Hey guys, that is not good news. Hopefully they reschedule it.
Hope we have better luck with the weather up this way,should be ok. Only had 2 wet days this year.:(