Northern NSW & SouthEast QLD InterRegional Meet, Ballina 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default Northern NSW & SouthEast QLD InterRegional Meet, Ballina 2014

OK ... this may have started as an excuse for Clarke [o1xjr] and I to meet up for a drink and hello, but with recent new members Nick [Stoney85] and his Dad and 5 Jags at Bellingen, and Mike Dean and his XJ12 at Ballina, together with a few of Clarke's merry gang from across the border . . .

A proposed Northern Rivers (NSW) and SE Qld Spring InterRegional Meet of Jaguar Forum members . . .

Where? Suggestion is Ballina, approx midway between Coffs Harbour and Bris/GC. Perhaps a pub lunch; focus on chat? Nearby park/seashore as backdrop for group and car pics? Banner still available? Perhaps Mike can help us scope out venues?

When? Sunday 12th or 19th October?

Who? with perhaps 4 NSW starters (Ken, Nick & Dad, and Mike) and similar from SE Qld (Clarke to beat the drum) the field is open for any others who wish to join in. Please yell if you need a lift - either from Coffs heading north or Bris/GC heading south.

Please post your interest and preferred or "no go" dates here in this thread. There is no truth to the rumour that I am also bringing Russell Crowe up from Nana Glen - although commitments to his South Sydney NRL Grand Finalists will be over by then. If he's available, he'll fly in by private chopper. However, definite starters do include the renowned [Miss Fireball] and equally smiling [07-JAG] . . . we think they have a thing going.
What say fellas? Any other starters?
Ken

The following 2 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
Mike Dean (10-03-2014), o1xjr (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Ken,
19th is a starter for "Fireball" with myself and her indoors riding shotgun.
12th is a bit sketchy, her birthday and all. I could do it(and endure 2 hours of silence each way) but would rather the 19th.

Fireball is always up for a road trip, and if she breaks in the meantime I have a tandem trailer to force her to come with the Jeep(lol)

Count me in +1 .

I have to come, I have the banner. And as far I know you guys don't have postal addresses yet so I will have to find you via the bush telegraph.

"dea cea1959" from Armidale might be a starter as well, maybe you you could send a PM Ken?

Last edited by o1xjr; 09-29-2014 at 09:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cat_as_trophy (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Default Proposed Meet at Ballina

Originally Posted by o1xjr

"dea cea1959" from Armidale might be a starter as well, maybe you you could send a PM Ken?

Great suggestion Clarke. Have sent PMs to Nick, Mike and yourself. Will do also for deacea1959 at Armidale.

I have emphasized 19th (thought of 4hrs frosty silence from shmbo . . . ouch). This gives me plenty of opportunity to catch up with Nick and his Dad.
Best wishes mate,
Ken

o1xjr (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by cat_as_trophy
I have emphasized 19th (thought of 4hrs frosty silence from shmbo . . . ouch).
Best wishes mate,
Ken
I do have MP3 facilitys in the old girl.

If there are no other starters I think a meet for 2+ is great in the Northern Rivers region is great opportunity anyway. And it is a nice Sunday drive for us.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi all
Love to meet up. 19th is good for us.
Thanks
dave & deb

cat_as_trophy (10-04-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

19th sounds good, Ballina isnt too far away.

I'll just convince Dad, the Cayenne is a comfier drive than my Skyline, even if he doesnt make it, i'll be happy to come regardless.

Did just get the '85 XJ6 running (sort of) but cant see that making any sort of trip anytime soon

cat_as_trophy (10-04-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Default Proposed InterRegional Meet at Ballina

Whacko the Diddle-o;

Still waiting to hear from Mike at Ballina, but with Nick & Dad, Dave & Deb; myself, and a whole bunch of Queenslanders about to descend on him . . . well, how could he refuse? I think Clarke once told me that's nearly enough to push-start an XJ; but I don't recall if that's for a V12 like Mike's.

Nick; I'll PM you regarding our catchup drink for the weekend prior - feed and a drink Sunday 12th is great with me. Really keen if your Dad can join in - gives me a bit of elegant grace, space and pace amongst you younger bucks.

Just to whet your appetite, check out Clarke's pics from the <All British Day in Brisbane> last weekend for some of the Jaguar Forums faces and cars that he is hoping may join us in Ballina. Oh . . . and the banner to be signed, eh?

C'mon; roll up, roll up. Any more starters? Promises to be a great day now, and I for one can't wait!
Best wishes to all,
Ken

Old 09-29-2014, 08:02 PM

C'mon; roll up, roll up. Any more starters? Promises to be a great day now, and I for one can't wait!
Best wishes to all,
Ken
Ken, I will PM the Queensland members tonight. There are a few around the Gold Coast area, but I will send a group email to all Quennslanders.

Confirmed starters

1. cat_as _trophy (Ken)
2. o1xjr (Clarke & Kirsty)
3. dea.cea1959 (Dave & Deb)
4. Stoney85 (Nick & Dad?)

Last edited by o1xjr; 09-29-2014 at 11:17 PM.
cat_as_trophy (09-30-2014)
Old 10-01-2014, 05:41 PM

Hi all
We have booked accommodation in ballina for the sat night. Anyone else staying over? They have undercover parking & room prices not expensive.
Dave & Deb
Armidale

Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

OK ... this may have started as an excuse for Clarke [o1xjr] and I to meet up for a drink and hello, but with recent new members Nick [Stoney85] and his Dad and 5 Jags at Bellingen, and Mike Dean and his XJ12 at Ballina, together with a few of Clarke's merry gang from across the border . . .

A proposed Northern Rivers (NSW) and SE Qld Spring InterRegional Meet of Jaguar Forum members . . .

Where? Suggestion is Ballina, approx midway between Coffs Harbour and Bris/GC. Perhaps a pub lunch; focus on chat? Nearby park/seashore as backdrop for group and car pics? Banner still available? Perhaps Mike can help us scope out venues?

When? Sunday 12th or 19th October?

Who? with perhaps 4 NSW starters (Ken, Nick & Dad, and Mike) and similar from SE Qld (Clarke to beat the drum) the field is open for any others who wish to join in. Please yell if you need a lift - either from Coffs heading north or Bris/GC heading south.

Please post your interest and preferred or "no go" dates here in this thread. There is no truth to the rumour that I am also bringing Russell Crowe up from Nana Glen - although commitments to his South Sydney NRL Grand Finalists will be over by then. If he's available, he'll fly in by private chopper. However, definite starters do include the renowned [Miss Fireball] and equally smiling [07-JAG] . . . we think they have a thing going.
What say fellas? Any other starters?
Ken
Hey Ken,
if you shoot me a quick pm with the top say 4 locations that members are likely to be registered under, I'll do a bulk mail to them advising of this to get better hits for you!

Cheers

Jim

Old 10-02-2014, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by dea.cea1959
Hi all
We have booked accommodation in ballina for the sat night. Anyone else staying over? They have undercover parking & room prices not expensive.
Dave & Deb
Armidale

Hi Dave & Deb,
We won't be able to stay over, It is looking like I will be working Saturday until 6pm.
Which way are you driving, Bruxner Highway or Gwydir Highway or Waterfall way. All nice drives I use a few times a year as we have family in Armidale.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When will there be one in Sydney!!!!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

looks like 19th is preferred. Bathurst race is ion the 12th...
us Sydney guys should put something together sometime

Old 10-03-2014, 01:36 AM
Default hazjag

Hi I got an email on the proposed outing to bellima I live at Cobar NSW so I'm not quite next door but still in fairly easy range.Not a garenteed starter but the 19th would be a possability. I would have included a photo of my 89 xj40 sovregne but havent worked out how yet. Not sure on rules re giving a return email address

Old 10-03-2014, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Brahlinski
When will there be one in Sydney!!!!
Originally Posted by Hoppy
us Sydney guys should put something together sometime
Hello Brahlinski & Hoppy,
There was a get together organised for last month at the all British Day, but was rained out twice. I am sure the NSW guys will have another go soon.
If either of you have any ideas for a Sydney meet please start a thread in the NSW forum, Ken "cat_as_thophy"(regional coordinator for NSW ) will jump aboard and beat his drum to help get things moving along. Link below.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...eduled-122073/

Originally Posted by hazjag
Hi I got an email on the proposed outing to bellima I live at Cobar NSW so I'm not quite next door but still in fairly easy range.Not a garenteed starter but the 19th would be a possability. I would have included a photo of my 89 xj40 sovregne but havent worked out how yet. Not sure on rules re giving a return email address
Hello Hazjag,
That is pretty keen if you come along(over 1100km). I will see you there if you come along. While you are that far north we have a Sunshine Coast drive in Qld the following Sunday(lol)
Probably a good idea not to display your email address in a post, you can send members private messages from the left hand colum of your user control panel.

Last edited by o1xjr; 10-03-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:36 AM
Default 19th October: Definite date.

Originally Posted by Hoppy
19th is a definite date as we have four members confirmed for the day.
No actual plans have been made once we meet in Ballina, but a pub lunch and a drive to a nice location for photos is par for the course.

Originally Posted by dea.cea1959
Hi all
Dave & Deb
Armidale
Originally Posted by o1xjr
Ken,
19th is a starter for "Fireball" with myself and her indoors riding shotgun.
12th is a bit sketchy, her birthday and all. I could do it(and endure 2 hours of silence each way) but would rather the 19th.

I have to come, I have the banner.
I have emphasized 19th (thought of 4hrs frosty silence from shmbo . . . ouch). This gives me plenty of opportunity to catch up with Nick and his Dad.
Best wishes mate,
Ken
Originally Posted by Stoney85
19th sounds good, Ballina isnt too far away.

I'll just convince Dad, the Cayenne is a comfier drive than my Skyline, even if he doesnt make it, i'll be happy to come regardless.

Did just get the '85 XJ6 running (sort of) but cant see that making any sort of trip anytime soon

Last edited by o1xjr; 10-03-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: add title
Old 10-03-2014, 06:49 AM

Hi Clarke
Probably drive up through Ebor. It is a nice drive & have a stop at Lismore,
Dave & Deb

The following 2 users liked this post by dea.cea1959:
cat_as_trophy (10-04-2014), o1xjr (10-03-2014)
Old 10-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re Ballina Meet in October

Hi Ken. Have you received any of my replies or messages yet? Having a communication problem. Ballina is a go for me for 19th. I have sent detailed message but not sure if anyone received it (them)
Mike

Whacko the Diddle-o;

Still waiting to hear from Mike at Ballina, but with Nick & Dad, Dave & Deb; myself, and a whole bunch of Queenslanders about to descend on him . . . well, how could he refuse? I think Clarke once told me that's nearly enough to push-start an XJ; but I don't recall if that's for a V12 like Mike's.

Nick; I'll PM you regarding our catchup drink for the weekend prior - feed and a drink Sunday 12th is great with me. Really keen if your Dad can join in - gives me a bit of elegant grace, space and pace amongst you younger bucks.

Just to whet your appetite, check out Clarke's pics from the <All British Day in Brisbane> last weekend for some of the Jaguar Forums faces and cars that he is hoping may join us in Ballina. Oh . . . and the banner to be signed, eh?

Best wishes to all,
Ken

o1xjr (10-03-2014)
Old 10-03-2014, 07:24 AM

I finish my hsc on the 24th of october (yes an xj40 sovereign is my first car) Would be awesome to have a meetup sometime maybe early November? Sydney people pls make some suggestions!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Dean
Hi Ken. Have you received any of my replies or messages yet? Having a communication problem. Ballina is a go for me for 19th. I have sent detailed message but not sure if anyone received it (them)
Mike
Hi Mike,
Ken is currently out of the office for a couple of days, so I have hi-jacked his thread. We were hoping you would join us in you home town for a meet and suggest a meeting place, sight seeing or a good photo spot, and a place for food and water.
That would make you the tour guide I guess as the rest of us are travelling distance to meet up.

1. cat_as _trophy (Ken)
2. o1xjr (Clarke & Kirsty)
3. dea.cea1959 (Dave & Deb)
4. Stoney85 (Nick & Dad?)
5. Mike Dean
6.hazjag (Cobar) possible starter.

Keep it up guys ,the numbers are growing.

Last edited by o1xjr; 10-03-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Mike Dean (10-03-2014)

Quick Reply: Northern NSW & SouthEast QLD InterRegional Meet, Ballina 2014