Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Detailing Pictures, Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Detailing Pictures, Advice

Hey all, heres a few links showing greatwork by 2 members over on my honda forum. There is ALOT of pics before and after, very detailed info on how and what was done. And great product information.

These two guys IMO gave 8thcivic.com one of the best detailing subsections of any car forum outthere (excluding dedicated detailing sites.)

Anyhow, enjoy !

Presidential Detail (florida)
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/detai...ling-work.html

Chad Rasky (minasota)
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/detai...skys-work.html

Take the time and stroll through the thread, you will be left in AWE

-Vic

Old 09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Took my Lambo down to the car wash..................

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=79859

Old 09-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.3 KB

Nice post Delta..cheers
Detailing world rocks and Polished Bliss have got a fantastic name and have heard many great things about them.
I know of Mathew at Off your Marks detailing too and his work is at least as good if not better.
I've been meaning to get ny A6 done, but will probably use discerning details in Falkirk....He's not a pro but a 20 year enthusiast who does it to a similar level, but not for a living. Hopefully there's a 8 - 10 hour paint correction in my not too distant future to lift the swirl marks I've picked up over the last 2 1/2 years.

Thanks for the post

Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 PM

I enjoyed that lambo detail. The flicks and wording make it seem like almost anyone can do it.

but serious, let me search the rasky thread for a particular car and post the hyperlink for it lol. it will leave you awestruck

Old 09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Old 09-04-2009, 02:01 PM

My friends (who know) think I am obsessive about detailing. I am so glad I have found a place where others enjoy the same and want to show off the results. It is great to find out that washing the car and giving it a good polish and clean has a name, 'detailing' and is a multi million pound business and hobby! So it not just me!

Thankfully, my wife is happy for me and appreciates the work and effort it takes. She did not mind at all that I took polish etc on holiday and spent a couple of evenings giving the car a thorough valet. I enjoy it and find it theraputic.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Strate....checked out raskys work and wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. To be honest its the sorta thing I do pretty much and probably you / Delta and others.
Maybe I'm spoiled looking at Off your Marks / Polished Bliss and the like with serious write ups plenty of pics and close ups and the shop is always absolutely immaculate in the background too!
To my mind you can always tell the kind of job someone is gonna do on a detail by their surroundings as much as anything else. If its immaculate and everything is exactly in its place in an **** sorta way, then thats the way they'll treat your car.
If you think that impressive check out the website for the guys I've mentioned above and you'll see what I mean.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

After reading all the posts related to detailing stuff, I think we have not detailed our rides just wash and clean them lol

Old 09-05-2009, 02:50 PM

I agree. I detailed the car upon purchase but havent gotten around to any paint correction just yet. Its been hot, and been busy with work these past months.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Found it! Feast your eyes on this detailing from the Fifth Gear TV programme.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E&feature=fvw

Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I do just clay bar, hand glaze, followed by wax. I don't like buffers on the car if at all possible.

Just bought a new clay bar "Magic Clay" and was amazed how well and fast it worked compared to my Meguiar medium clay bar. To be fair, the Meguairs bar was several years old and just not up to the task.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64

Hey Strate....checked out raskys work and wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. To be honest its the sorta thing I do pretty much and probably you / Delta and others.
Maybe I'm spoiled looking at Off your Marks / Polished Bliss and the like with serious write ups plenty of pics and close ups and the shop is always absolutely immaculate in the background too!
To my mind you can always tell the kind of job someone is gonna do on a detail by their surroundings as much as anything else. If its immaculate and everything is exactly in its place in an **** sorta way, then thats the way they'll treat your car.
If you think that impressive check out the website for the guys I've mentioned above and you'll see what I mean.

possibly, in the earlier posts he was doing sidelot dealer cars. nows he doing much more specialty cars. his latest car with a resprayed acura rl, wetsand and corrected to perfection.
Originally Posted by Delta66
Found it! Feast your eyes on this detailing from the Fifth Gear TV programme.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E&feature=fvw
thats crazy, i watch that every few months or so.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I do just clay bar, hand glaze, followed by wax. I don't like buffers on the car if at all possible.

Just bought a new clay bar "Magic Clay" and was amazed how well and fast it worked compared to my Meguiar medium clay bar. To be fair, the Meguairs bar was several years old and just not up to the task.
a buffer is more or less the only way to get a 'perfect' finish. i havent used one in a few years as ive been lucky enough to have 2 brand new cars lately. on the xj i picked up i just used a hand apllicator with terry cloth applicator and foam appllicator to remove the water marks. either way this is a SICKNESS