Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing / Car care (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/)
-   -   Ecogreen car wash (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/ecogreen-car-wash-115593/)

renealv 04-11-2014 04:41 AM

Ecogreen car wash

Hello, I have a 2014 xf, previously own a 2011 xf. Never touched water, cleaning a car, once a month just to get rid of brake dust in inner rims. I use a citrus Eco cleaners, you just spray it and wash it off microfiber, all are ecological and no need for a drop of water, soap or wax. I have the hole kit with cleaner, wax, rim detailer, tire finish,glass cleaner. Every bottle cost from 6-8 US $ is sold in the regular market which is outside my neighborhood 4 k from my house. They last around 8 full washes. I will clean my car tomorrow maybe and post pictures. I use clay bar mothers wax every 6 months. The finish is amazing and ECO 100 %.
I bet you can get something like that in your countries, I advised my friend to use it, and they couldn't believe the results, they where worried about the cars paint, but after 3 years using it on the last xf believe me, you do not need to use water, soap or wax.
You save lots of money, Eco to your planet, and the best, whole car detail takes me 1:15 hour, before probably more than 2 hours, and you can do it sun shade, garage, next to other car. Really commercial brands have to HATE IT.....
I am not a selling anything, or own any company for Eco product or have stock in any of them, but maybe I should jjjjjjjjjjj. Is just concern about my planet and the best advice I can give.....

XJL 04-11-2014 11:46 PM

There are many waterless wash products availble in the US. They all claim they will not scratch your clearcoat. I don't personally believe that is possible on a heavily soiled car. In your post you say you use the product once a month to clean the car. If this car sits in a garage and gets a little dusty that would work. As a daily driver, after a month, there is no way would I would personally use waterless wash to clean a car.

renealv 04-12-2014 03:57 PM

No, once a month water on the rims to get rid of brake dust, but weekly washes and wax too, my country is incredibly sunny and in rainy season is extreme too. I always keep 4 microfiber towels and that is enough for the whole job. Try the systems in your country, even better if they are ecological. You'll like the result...

JimC64 04-12-2014 11:16 PM

Thanks for your post, much appreciated.

Just my 2c worth, but I cannot see me ever using a waterless car cleaning product, I just don't see it.

For me personally it'd really take some convincing but each to their own I say..

renealv 04-14-2014 08:52 AM

What i promised

2 Attachment(s)
As I said I post pictures from the car cleaned with the waterless system, 3 microfibers used....it took me 75 minutes...

renealv 04-14-2014 08:55 AM

A close up look

2 Attachment(s)
Another picture, no swirls jjjjjj

GGG 04-14-2014 09:23 AM

Black is the most unforgiving colour for swirls and scratches so that's a convincing demonstration.

However, in Northern Europe where our cars get covered in industrial film and grit, I'd be reluctant to use a waterless product. I always hose mine down before getting to work with a shampoo and microfibre.

Graham

JimC64 04-14-2014 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 954444)
Black is the most unforgiving colour for swirls and scratches so that's a convincing demonstration.

However, in Northern Europe where our cars get covered in industrial film and grit, I'd be reluctant to use a waterless product. I always hose mine down before getting to work with a shampoo and microfibre.

Graham

As above really, but glad that you like it...

It works for you and you're happy with the results on your car as are some others I believe, just not for me.
It doesn't take m much longer with the hose, wash mitt and microfibres and I find it quite relaxing in a way.