Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing / Car care (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/)
-   -   Scraped Bumper Innovative Detailing Please Help (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/scraped-bumper-innovative-detailing-please-help-79783/)

aceeg 08-29-2012 11:44 AM

Scraped Bumper Innovative Detailing Please Help

4 Attachment(s)
Someone scraped my 2011 xj I don't know if I should have it detailed and Touched up with factory touch up , or have it re painted?
Please Help I am so Mad.

aceeg 08-31-2012 11:10 PM

should i let the dealer paint it?

BrownRobin 09-01-2012 07:43 AM

Hi,

My personal opinion would be to pass on doing any touch-up work. I would have your local Jag dealer either do a re-paint or inquire with them about reputable body shop painters that will do a factory job.

You own a really nice car and so I would spend the extra money going the distance and getting it professionally re-painted rather than just a touch-up.

Good luck.

GGG 09-01-2012 09:59 AM

+1

I can imagine how annoyed you must be.

Any kind of touch-up work may conceal it from all except the closest observer but you'll still see it every time you walk up to the car.

A beautiful car. Take it to the Jaguar Dealer for their recommendation before attempting any remedial work.

Graham

aceeg 09-02-2012 01:09 AM

thanks guys

aceeg 09-08-2012 05:43 PM

Should I paint it now or wait until spring after the winter salt and harsh weather?

BrownRobin 09-09-2012 08:07 AM

aceeg,

It probably won't matter whether you get the work done before winter or after winter. After this winter your car will see another winter anyways.

If it were me and you have the funding, I would simply get it done and over with now. Knowing you have scratches on your baby may continue to keep you up at night - - enjoy the piece of mind and get it over with - - out of sight and out of mind.

Regards

aceeg 09-09-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BrownRobin (Post 578317)
aceeg,

It probably won't matter whether you get the work done before winter or after winter. After this winter your car will see another winter anyways.

If it were me and you have the funding, I would simply get it done and over with now. Knowing you have scratches on your baby may continue to keep you up at night - - enjoy the piece of mind and get it over with - - out of sight and out of mind.

Regards

Thanks BR your a cool dude!

aceeg 09-09-2012 09:11 AM

I'm surprised no one from innovative detail got back to me, I guess theynare too busy.

Innovative Detailing 09-27-2012 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by aceeg (Post 571807)
Someone scraped my 2011 xj I don't know if I should have it detailed and Touched up with factory touch up?
Please Help I am so Mad.

+1

I would take the least aggressive approach as you have stated above, a good detailer with skills should be able to perform some magic and touch up and make it look sweet!...

Then down the road if your still not satisfied have it refinished..

mosesbotbol 10-08-2012 02:15 PM

I'd try polishing it now and if the results aren't what you want, wait until the spring to respray the bumper and whatever else may need spraying. I wouldn't necessarily use the dealer for the work. Make sure they take the bumper off before spraying.

If polishing did not work and for sure you'll paint in the spring, give the touch up paint a go.