Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing / Car care (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/)
-   -   Thoughts on Griots? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/thoughts-griots-57910/)

Chiapet 07-18-2011 09:42 AM

Thoughts on Griots?

Any thoughts on Griot's products for detailing. Good, bad, or ugly. I have used several of their products but am also finding out more about Zaino and reading good things.

What are your thoughts on the Griot's product line? Is their stuff all hype?

Innovative Detailing 07-19-2011 01:30 AM

I personally have never tried any Griots products...........right now its like an explosion with all the different brands of detailing products on the market today.

I personally can say nothing but awesome things about Meguiar's products....from the quality of the products to the customer support, they are a "First Class Company" with fabulous products.

If you decide to go with the Griots, please let us know how they worked for you..........

Togwt 07-19-2011 04:24 AM

I've been using Groit's products for ten years or so. Carwash and Speedshine are great products

Pros- Great service and their product quality is second to none. Owned / run by a car guy

Cons- Some re-branded products, which makes them overpriced due to mark-up

Chiapet 07-19-2011 06:19 AM

Thanks for the responses... I have seen a lot regarding Zaino products which was new to me. Griot's has been around for a very long time & yes they are a bit expensive. I was trying to decide if I needed to explore another brand.

Chiapet 07-19-2011 03:10 PM

David,
I would be interested in your recommendations on Meguiar's products which you use. I have been a fan of theirs for a long time going back to when I participated in car stereo shows/competition.

For now, I have placed an order with both Griot's and Zaino's to refresh my Griot's products and try out Zaino's.

NvmyJag 07-20-2011 06:43 AM

I use many of their products and love them all. They have some of the BEST microfiber towels on the market.

Free shipping for the summer:
Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

Autogeek.net will match price:
Griot's Garage Car Care, Griots Garage Detailing Products, Griotsgarage

Advance auto carries some of their products on line and they have so many different discount codes that you can get some of the things half off plus free shipping:
Advance Auto Parts: Search Results for griots garage

Advance discount code site:
Advance Auto Parts Coupon Codes - all coupons, discounts and promo codes for advanceautoparts.com

Products I can personally vouch:
1. Waterless spray-on car wash
2. Speed shine detailer
3. Spray-on wax
4. Wheel cleaner
5. Glass cleaning clay
6. Paint cleaning clay
7. Micro fiber speed shine cloths (blue)
8. Microfiber spray-on car wash cloths (green)

Blue Lion 07-30-2011 03:24 PM

I've never used Griot's but have heard good stuff from others. Have had good luck personally with Zaino.