Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing / Car care (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/)
-   -   Waterless Car Wash (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/detailing-car-care-20/waterless-car-wash-120254/)

Terry 06-20-2014 10:17 AM

Waterless Car Wash

I have never used waterless car wash but with the So Cal water situation being what it is I am kind of curious. Do any of you use it or have you tried it? If so your thoughts please and any particular product.

If you don't recommend it for your cars how about a DD Jeep?

Thanks, Terry

PinnacleWax 06-20-2014 10:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a great write up by my friend Nick at Autogeek: Enjoy!

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal - The 10 Minute Waterless Wash AND Wax!

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1403278693

XJL 06-25-2014 03:39 PM

When you say Waterless Wash I'm assuming you mean the type that you spray on a dirty car and then wipe off. I say this because there are other methods i.e. the Gary Dean method of using Waterless Washes where each panel is washed with water and a waterless wash solution.

As far as the first method, it works to well to clean a car that has NOT been driven and accumulated a little bit of dust from being parked in the garage for a week. Using the first method on a dirty car(i.e. mud splatter, thick dust, etc.) will result in scratches to the clear coat so I don't use this method. Think about it.....without first rinsing off with a strong stream of water you are wiping dust and dirt particles across a clear coat surface and expect no damage?

Terry 06-26-2014 09:34 AM

Thanks for the response. I kinda figured it might be good for washing a clean car. My cars don't get very dirty but I do like to float what dirt there is off with water. I use a duster and that usually takes care of things. I guess ill stay with water washes and do it on the lawn.......

XJL 06-26-2014 12:04 PM

You might find this to be another option but again the car is relatively clean to begin with. You are eliminating the hose down process only.

Muddydog 07-05-2014 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by XJL (Post 1003538)
You might find this to be another option but again the car is relatively clean to begin with. You are eliminating the hose down process only. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kY_S-fkgrE

I'm so glad you posted this- it's so simple I never would have thought of it. What a great way of getting an ample amount of wash on the body panels without using a hose (and then dealing with water spots as the sun dries the half of the car you can't get to quick enough), yet not having to rinse and re-dip your rag each time. I tried it out yesterday using a small amount of car wash detergent in the bucket for lubricant and it worked very nicely.

spanky145 07-06-2014 02:54 PM

Waterless Car Wash

Hi,

There is considerable talk on other forums about Optimum No Rinse (ONR) which is a rinse less wash method that I have been using for several years and without any damage to my finish. Most people seem to think that this is the best rinse less wash to use. A small amount of this solution mixed with water goes a long way. Of course your car can't have caked on dirt/mud but it does a good job on moderately dirty cars. Works great on glass and wheels as well. I always do a bit of pre misting before application with wash mitt just to loosen things up a bit.

Another product that I like is Adam's Waterless which is used straight from the spray bottle and without any water added. Dries really streak free and leaves a nice shine. This also works well on glass and wheels.

Many detailing enthusiasts will insist that you will damage your finish with using these products but NOT if you are gentle and use common sense like not scrubbing too hard. Many people as well as myself like these products and use them regularly. There are many You Tube demos on how to use these washes properly. I would suggest that you watch some of them before you go ahead and start to use one.

The proper technique is very important and you need to know the limitations of these products. Many people do considerable damage to their finish even using the old fashioned method with water and car wash shampoo.

Good luck with whatever you chose to use.

plums 07-06-2014 03:23 PM

If the "Gary Dean" method is what I think it is, I found out accidentally that a bucket of HOT water with car wash detergent took out what I thought were paint swirls.

Well, they weren't. They must have been wax swirls that the hot water melted down.

As an apartment dweller, about the best I can do is fill up a 2.5 gallon container of pre-mix hot water with car wash detergent, skulk over to the diy car wash in the middle of the night, soap the car with the contents of the container and rinse with their rinse wand. You can hose all day at $3 a pop with their soap wand and nothing will come off unless you can hit it with a cloth.

Shaquille 05-04-2015 12:25 PM

Waterless Car Wash - Take a look at car care suppliers international - People say it's the best - free shipping too - Car Care and Detailing Products

mberman 05-09-2015 12:31 AM

I have not washed my 06 XJ Super 8 in over a year. I live in So Cal. I use detailing spray. As long as you keep it clean the detailing spray work s and provides the just wax look. I am a phonatic about keeping all my cars in showroom condition.
The best products I found are the Pinnacle products. I use Crystal Mist and even better their liquid wax spray. When I get areas that are a little more dirty, I use Pinnacle waterless wash.
Make sure you keep it waxed and use only priemum micro fiber towels.
Good luck.

PinnacleWax 05-13-2015 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by mberman (Post 1224209)
I have not washed my 06 XJ Super 8 in over a year. I live in So Cal. I use detailing spray. As long as you keep it clean the detailing spray work s and provides the just wax look. I am a phonatic about keeping all my cars in showroom condition.
The best products I found are the Pinnacle products. I use Crystal Mist and even better their liquid wax spray. When I get areas that are a little more dirty, I use Pinnacle waterless wash.
Make sure you keep it waxed and use only priemum micro fiber towels.
Good luck.

ALRIGHT mberman! Glad to see you enjoy the Pinnacle Products. I love all the products you mentioned and use them myself almost daily! The Crystal Mist is so slick after you spray it on. The Waterless Wash has a really nice shine to it afterwards, plus the concentrate 16oz will make 4 gallons of ready to use Waterless Wash....Crazy! Thanks for sharing by the way!