E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

And it's broken...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 07:31 PM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default And it's broken...

Thanks Jag, what is it with you guys and electricity? Our new toy is back into the shop to try and work out why we have no interior lighting and a touch screen that stays blank. All part of the 'New' Jaguar owner experience I guess :-) Thankfully my '03 S-type is running well...

Old 07-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,424 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Bad luck ! However this is not down to lazy and stupid British workers, because the car is built in Austria by Magna, as will be the I-Pace.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car radio went kaputt today. Radio is silent whatever I try to do. If I try to change the channel it chances immediately back to a certain radio station and nothing can be heard.. Unbelievable...

Old 07-07-2018, 09:59 PM

Oh the fun of owning a Jaguar :-)

Old 07-08-2018, 12:08 AM
Received 156 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Donna
Oh the fun of owning a Jaguar :-)
I have had a love hate relationship with Jaguar for fifty years, even dumping them for a decade when quality was at its most abysmal.
They seem to have fits of brilliance, when nobody else can get close; XK120, MK2 3.8, E-type, XJ6, XJ12, XFR, for example, and matching fits of complete stupidity; staggering, and increasing the XK engine's bore size to give 4,235cc,, no additional power, fewer revs, and a complete loss of reliability, allowing Lucas to continue supplying electrical components which didn't work, more recently, abandoning Lyons' business model of making high performance, high quality, vehicles, and selling them at competitive prices, instead going for diesel engined fleet car and taxi sales The latest idiocy is, having had Ford and Tata invest millions to sort out build quality, again, they lay off dedicated and highly skilled workers in Britain, and sub-contract manufacture to a company in a country, neither with any experience whatsoever of quality manufacturing of anything, much less vehicles.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:08 PM

Hi Guys,

As a follow up, there was a pinched wire, nearly cut through, in the dash trim that was causing the problem. Apparently an error during assembly. Had a large part of the loom replaced. All good now...

The following users liked this post:
Angie From Delray (09-04-2019)
Old 07-26-2018, 11:12 PM

Good to read that, even though it's taken a while.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Etypephil
I
sub-contract manufacture to a company in a country, neither with any experience whatsoever of quality manufacturing of anything, much less vehicles.
You really should do a liitle research before making such sweeping statements. Over the years that company of "no experience whatsoever" has built several models of Mercs, including the SLR and currently builds the BMW 5 series and Mercedes Gwagen. Both a significant cut above Jaguar in terms of quality.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by keith100
You really should do a liitle research before making such sweeping statements. Over the years that company of "no experience whatsoever" has built several models of Mercs, including the SLR and currently builds the BMW 5 series and Mercedes Gwagen. Both a significant cut above Jaguar in terms of quality.

What I actually said was: " neither with any experience whatsoever of quality manufacturing of anything, much less vehicles.", not just "no experience whatsoever".

Thirty years ago, you would have been right, but now both M-B's and BMW's quality is abysmal; Their marketing hype however, remains first class. We see more Mercedes and BMWs stranded at the roadside over here, awaiting recovery, than even Renaults and Peugeots.

A German friend of mine bought a new G Class two years ago. The paint is falling off and the body displays numerous rust spots. Mercedes Benz will do nothing until it develops holes.

BMW gearboxes explode if one attempts to match the factory performance claims, their timing chains snap regularly. Cars which don't take you where you want to go, and cost thousands to repair, are nothing more than scrap metal.

Jaguar's quality was appalling decades ago, but now it is superb. All they do wrong theses days is manufacture diesels, and drop high performance saloons from the range; poor management decisions, IMO.

The following users liked this post:
sov211 (05-06-2021)