E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

stromberg 175 cd 2 throttle release valve

Old 07-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stromberg 175 cd 2 throttle release valve

Hey everyone

I am rebuilding my dual stromberg carburetors and noticed the seal in the throttle release valve is torn! Can't find one anywhere. Please tell me I don't have to buy a new carburetor. Help please and thank you!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ol Blue
Hey everyone

I am rebuilding my dual stromberg carburetors and noticed the seal in the throttle release valve is torn! Can't find one anywhere. Please tell me I don't have to buy a new carburetor. Help please and thank you!
Hello Ol Blue,
I'm not sure what part you mean by the throttle release valve. However, practically all parts, except for the actual carburetor body, are available as new parts. I have numerous Major Rebuild kits in stock; accordingly, if you can't get the required parts locally, I'll be able to help you.

Post a picture of the part you require so that there is no confusion.

Regards,

Brent

Old 07-04-2015, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by bkeats
Hello Ol Blue,
I'm not sure what part you mean by the throttle release valve. However, practically all parts, except for the actual carburetor body, are available as new parts. I have numerous Major Rebuild kits in stock; accordingly, if you can't get the required parts locally, I'll be able to help you.

Post a picture of the part you require so that there is no confusion.

Regards,

Brent
I am sorry. It is the throttle bypass valve

Throttle bypass valve

Torn inside

Thanks brent

Please pm me what you have for major rebuild kits

Old 07-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello Ol Blue,
Attached is a picture of what you get in a Major Rebuild Kit. Virtually, you get all the parts to rebuild the carburetor, including butterfly shafts, butterfly disks and the bearing/seal for the shafts.

The kit shown in the picture is for a S3 E Type and has sufficient parts to rebuild the four carburetors. The parts shown in the picture are a bit hard to make out, being in sealed plastic bags, but the package in the lower left of the picture contains the diaphragm for the bypass valves. This is the part that you're referring to in your last Post. This diaphragm can be bought as a separate part, but unless your carburetors are in particularly good shape, I would do the full rebuild whilst the carburetors are off the car. I generally do a full rebuild on S3 E carburetors, as they are quite a job to remove.

If you care to PM me your email address I can send you pictures of all the individual parts and before/after pictures of carburetors I've rebuilt.

Regards,

Brent

Attached Thumbnails stromberg 175 cd 2 throttle release valve-major-kit1.jpg  
Old 07-06-2015, 03:14 AM

Hello Ol Blue,
Attached is a picture of what you get in a Major Rebuild Kit. Virtually, you get all the parts to rebuild the carburetor, including butterfly shafts, butterfly disks and the bearing/seal for the shafts.

The kit shown in the picture is for a S3 E Type and has sufficient parts to rebuild the four carburetors. The parts shown in the picture are a bit hard to make out, being in sealed plastic bags, but the package in the lower left of the picture contains the diaphragm for the bypass valves. This is the part that you're referring to in your last Post. This diaphragm can be bought as a separate part, but unless your carburetors are in particularly good shape, I would do the full rebuild whilst the carburetors are off the car. I generally do a full rebuild on S3 E carburetors, as they are quite a job to remove.

If you care to PM me your email address I can send you pictures of all the individual parts and before/after pictures of carburetors I've rebuilt.

Regards,

Brent
Pm sent

Old 06-17-2018, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Ol Blue,

Regards,

Brent
PM sent also

Old 06-19-2018, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if he still does this ????