Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   E type ( XK-E ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/e-type-xk-e-59/)
-   -   stromberg 175 cd 2 throttle release valve (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/e-type-xk-e-59/stromberg-175-cd-2-throttle-release-valve-145698/)

Ol Blue 07-03-2015 06:59 PM

stromberg 175 cd 2 throttle release valve

Hey everyone

I am rebuilding my dual stromberg carburetors and noticed the seal in the throttle release valve is torn! Can't find one anywhere. Please tell me I don't have to buy a new carburetor. Help please and thank you!

bkeats 07-04-2015 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Blue (Post 1260471)
Hey everyone

I am rebuilding my dual stromberg carburetors and noticed the seal in the throttle release valve is torn! Can't find one anywhere. Please tell me I don't have to buy a new carburetor. Help please and thank you!

Hello Ol Blue,
I'm not sure what part you mean by the throttle release valve. However, practically all parts, except for the actual carburetor body, are available as new parts. I have numerous Major Rebuild kits in stock; accordingly, if you can't get the required parts locally, I'll be able to help you.

Post a picture of the part you require so that there is no confusion.

Regards,

Brent

Ol Blue 07-04-2015 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by bkeats (Post 1260636)
Hello Ol Blue,
I'm not sure what part you mean by the throttle release valve. However, practically all parts, except for the actual carburetor body, are available as new parts. I have numerous Major Rebuild kits in stock; accordingly, if you can't get the required parts locally, I'll be able to help you.

Post a picture of the part you require so that there is no confusion.

Regards,

Brent

I am sorry. It is the throttle bypass valve
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...effc60d76b.jpg

Throttle bypass valve

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...fbc5e9af7f.jpg

Torn inside

Thanks brent

Please pm me what you have for major rebuild kits

bkeats 07-04-2015 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Ol Blue,
Attached is a picture of what you get in a Major Rebuild Kit. Virtually, you get all the parts to rebuild the carburetor, including butterfly shafts, butterfly disks and the bearing/seal for the shafts.

The kit shown in the picture is for a S3 E Type and has sufficient parts to rebuild the four carburetors. The parts shown in the picture are a bit hard to make out, being in sealed plastic bags, but the package in the lower left of the picture contains the diaphragm for the bypass valves. This is the part that you're referring to in your last Post. This diaphragm can be bought as a separate part, but unless your carburetors are in particularly good shape, I would do the full rebuild whilst the carburetors are off the car. I generally do a full rebuild on S3 E carburetors, as they are quite a job to remove.

If you care to PM me your email address I can send you pictures of all the individual parts and before/after pictures of carburetors I've rebuilt.

Regards,

Brent

Ol Blue 07-06-2015 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by bkeats (Post 1260988)
Hello Ol Blue,
Attached is a picture of what you get in a Major Rebuild Kit. Virtually, you get all the parts to rebuild the carburetor, including butterfly shafts, butterfly disks and the bearing/seal for the shafts.

The kit shown in the picture is for a S3 E Type and has sufficient parts to rebuild the four carburetors. The parts shown in the picture are a bit hard to make out, being in sealed plastic bags, but the package in the lower left of the picture contains the diaphragm for the bypass valves. This is the part that you're referring to in your last Post. This diaphragm can be bought as a separate part, but unless your carburetors are in particularly good shape, I would do the full rebuild whilst the carburetors are off the car. I generally do a full rebuild on S3 E carburetors, as they are quite a job to remove.

If you care to PM me your email address I can send you pictures of all the individual parts and before/after pictures of carburetors I've rebuilt.

Regards,

Brent

Pm sent

Bill Wiggins 06-17-2018 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by bkeats (Post 1260988)
Hello Ol Blue,

Regards,

Brent

PM sent also

Bill Wiggins 06-19-2018 12:05 PM

Anyone know if he still does this ????