Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Exterior (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/exterior-22/)
-   -   New rims (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/exterior-22/new-rims-51495/)

J4g-off 03-15-2011 10:32 PM

New rims

4 Attachment(s)
Here's my 20's I put on the jag. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of negative comments so go ahead! I like em:)

Attachment 173488
Attachment 173489
Attachment 173490
Attachment 173491

Doug 03-15-2011 10:51 PM

Ok, you asked for it :-)

Yuck! They absolutely do not suit the car !!

I have an idea. Let's have a little fun with this. If everyone replies back with their opinion AND their age I'll bet we'll easily discover a pattern.

So....me first....I'm 53

Cheers
DD

PS- if YOU like 'em that's what important.

Cadillac 03-16-2011 05:08 AM

Center caps look alright . Wheels totally ruin the car you already know it but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion .So, if you're happy with those wheels let it be lol

J4g-off 03-16-2011 05:52 AM

im 16 :D

K.Westra 03-16-2011 09:11 AM

Not for me, especially with the 20" badge on the trunk. I'm 26.

TopHatChef 03-16-2011 09:21 AM

I like the stock rims. Not a fan of the 20". I do like how you still have the Jaguar growler, but I really don't like how the rims say BIGG on them (presumably the brand). I'm 19.

retromotors 03-16-2011 10:24 AM

I'll just have to quote myself from your other thread:

"Sorry, but I just can't see this ending well for that poor Jaguar.
Should be a big hit in da 'hood though."

And damn, wouldn't ya know it .... I was right!

Maybe you could find an XXL paper bag for the Jaguar to wear, 'cause I know it's really embarrassed to be seen like that.

Oh, and BTW, they aren't "rims", they are "wheels".

Translator 03-16-2011 01:03 PM

It doesn't matter a hoot what I think, it is your car. If you like them, then so be it. 3x your age.

Originally Posted by retromotors (Post 321721)

Oh, and BTW, they aren't "rims", they are "wheels".

Maybe a set of 24" and no rubber at all, 1st ever XJ40 Railroad special.

Doug 03-16-2011 01:46 PM

Although the sampling is small it looks like my predictions regarding age and the opinion of these wheels isn't holding true. Just proves how wrong a person can be :-)

As for "rims" vs. "wheels", well, that's one of my pet peeves but I long ago quit "going there" :-)

Cheers
DD

greenberet 03-16-2011 01:54 PM

Dude, not digging your wheel choice. But hey, I'm not the owner. Oh, and I thought the whole putting your wheel size on your vehicle thing died out about 10 yrs ago? Just saying

enjoy

greenberet 03-16-2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by greenberet (Post 321799)
Dude, not digging your wheel choice. But hey, I'm not the owner. Oh, and I thought the whole putting your wheel size on your vehicle thing died out about 10 yrs ago? Just saying

enjoy

BTW, I'm 39

H20boy 03-16-2011 03:35 PM

I feel sorry for the car, apologies j4g, can't say I have anything nice to say about those wheels. Too big, too blingy, too much chrome, too wide...and lets hope the suspension doesn't suffer for your choice as well. I've seen wide/large rimmed vehicles on the side of the road, with busted hubs/axles... sad sight.

me, age 39

J4g-off 03-16-2011 10:00 PM

they are quite the hit in the hood

TopHatChef 03-17-2011 07:39 AM

For some reason the first two pictures weren't showing up when I looked here previously, but one thing that I think desperately needs to be done is remove the 20" on the boot lid.

retromotors 03-17-2011 10:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by J4g-off (Post 322007)
they are quite the hit in the hood

Are you sure ....???

Well OK .... ya got yer ride appropriately pimped out.
Clown car wheels ..... check.
Big chrome "20" on the back ..... check.
Vanity license plate that pretty much says it all ..... check.

But hey ..... what about you ...?
Do you have your act together ...?
Are you the real deal, or are they laughin' at you behind your back ...?

Your personal image is very important, gotta match your ride.

Here are a couple examples to get you pointed in the right direction:

Attachment 173473

Attachment 173474

Now, in addition to the "look", you also need to brush up on your patois.
Here's a pretty good example from "the best of craigslist".

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best...984502593.html

Good luck with all that .....!!!!

That being said, I'm all through feeding this particular troll.

:icon_troll::icon_troll::icon_troll::icon_troll::i con_troll::icon_troll::icon_troll::icon_troll:

J4g-off 03-17-2011 01:23 PM

Ya'll need to learn how to have some fun with cars and stop being so old and grouchy. try something new and be open to other ideas and styles. i understand voicing opinions about how you're style may be different but there's no need to be out right mean.

I like jaguars style and class and distinct look. I joined the forums to interact with other people who thought the same thing but you're all a bunch of dull old farts.

so in summary, I hope you all feel strong for ganging up and mean to someone less than half you're age. Have fun with you're pussy ass website old men!

Doug 03-17-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by J4g-off (Post 322262)
Ya'll need to learn how to have some fun with cars and stop being so old and grouchy. try something new and be open to other ideas and styles. i understand voicing opinions about how you're style may be different but there's no need to be out right mean.

I like jaguars style and class and distinct look. I joined the forums to interact with other people who thought the same thing but you're all a bunch of dull old farts.

so in summary, I hope you all feel strong for ganging up and mean to someone less than half you're age. Have fun with you're pussy ass website old men!

Hold on there, mister ! :-)

A couple things:

1) We ARE intereacting wtih you

2) You stated right up front that you were expecting negative remarks and now you're mad because your predictions turned out to be true? In fact, the way you structured your sentence in the first post a person could easily think that you enjoy negative remarks. Go back and read it :-).

3) We may be dull and we may be farts, but we're not necessarily old....as the age survey reveals (much to my surprise, I might add)

Sorry...no sympathy from me on this one!

Cheers
An Old Fart :-)

mohrd 03-17-2011 08:27 PM

dem "wheels" make me grouchy but, I am a 53 year old, dull old fart. More importantly, they do make you smile! Other opinions, even backed with valid amounts of "yuck", don't matter one bit as long as you like 'em.

Enjoy!

Don't get shot...

Blakeney 03-17-2011 10:07 PM

"I like jaguars style and class and distinct look."

These are your own words, so why don't you practice what you preach. You have negated the style and class by fitting such "Bling" wheels to a fine car.
Oh, I am an "Old Fart" at 62.:icon_no: But at least I know style and class when I see it.

Translator 03-18-2011 04:08 AM

Oh dear, I didn't think that this would end well, and it hasn't.

Thread closed, no more comments required.