Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Exterior (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/exterior-22/)
-   -   Pics with new rims (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/exterior-22/pics-new-rims-17345/)

jjones91 05-20-2009 01:31 PM

Pics with new rims

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some shatty camera phone pics of my sport with black rims. Let me know what you guys think. Also, if you notice on the exhaust tips, those are the ones I had installed. I bought the tips at AutoZone and had a local place cut the old ones off the muffler and weld these on. Instead of buying a $700 borla system, this cost $150 total installed.

Attachment 182251

Attachment 182252

Attachment 182253

whiteSTR 05-20-2009 02:24 PM

Lookin' good.. are you planning to tint the windows or leave them clear?

jjones91 05-20-2009 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by whiteSTR (Post 116148)
Lookin' good.. are you planning to tint the windows or leave them clear?

I'd like to tint them, however here in iowa it's illegal to tint anything driver and forward. So it might look odd with the back and rear windows blacked out and a minimal tint on the driver and passenger.

Master Deep 05-20-2009 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by jjones91 (Post 116149)
I'd like to tint them, however here in iowa it's illegal to tint anything driver and forward. So it might look odd with the back and rear windows blacked out and a minimal tint on the driver and passenger.

eh just tint all the side windows the same. but do a medium to light tint so cops can still see you inside. Then they don't care. They won't pull you over for just tints. Unless u were speeding or something. Tints is just a fix-it warning the first time anyways.

Cadillac 05-20-2009 04:45 PM

What you have done is just looks sick even though I like chrome polished wheels ;)

mohrd 05-20-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by jjones91 (Post 116149)

Don't need to "black out" the windowws with the tint, just go darker. 35% all around. Would look better, in my opinion. Legal-schmeagle! Speeding is illegal too! You've probably never done that...just tell them it came equipped that way.

jjones91 05-21-2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by cadillac (Post 116179)
What you have done is just looks sick even though I like chrome polished wheels ;)

Thanks, that's appreciated. I need to wash it great the weekend and wax it. I'll get some better pics on a cloudy day. Black looks so much better in pictures when it's cloudy.

jjones91 05-21-2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by mohrd (Post 116198)
Don't need to "black out" the windowws with the tint, just go darker. 35% all around. Would look better, in my opinion. Legal-schmeagle! Speeding is illegal too! You've probably never done that...just tell them it came equipped that way.

That's a good idea, I suppose as long as the back and all 4s are consistent then it'll look sweet.

King of Canada 05-18-2010 04:47 PM

Love it!

rf69 05-20-2010 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by cadillac (Post 116179)

Nice pic

Davedz 05-20-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Master Deep (Post 116161)
eh just tint all the side windows the same. but do a medium to light tint so cops can still see you inside. Then they don't care. They won't pull you over for just tints. Unless u were speeding or something. Tints is just a fix-it warning the first time anyways.

Not so in Iowa, speaking from experience. State Trooper on I-80 by Atlantic exit, ticketed me a few years back just for tint. He was cruzin' below the speed limit and I passed him while doing the limit. Must have been a slow day...
Dave