Exterior Talk about your rims, bodykits, and other exterior mods here.

Wax or ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:45 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile Wax or ?

A "New" product is advertised as "Never wash your car again".
It is "F1 Top Coat" Does anyone have experience with this product? Applying, removal, damage to Jaguar paint surfaces. Cost of $59.95 as to cost of other products. How does this product compare with the old fashioned "Blue Coral Simonize" ?? And is that still available??

Old 06-22-2018, 07:07 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick'sJag
A "New" product is advertised as "Never wash your car again".
It is "F1 Top Coat" Does anyone have experience with this product? Applying, removal, damage to Jaguar paint surfaces. Cost of $59.95 as to cost of other products. How does this product compare with the old fashioned "Blue Coral Simonize" ?? And is that still available??
Blue Coral. Wow. You're almost as old as I am. :-)

There are tons of products that are SO much better and easier to use.

Check out the Autopia and Autogeek forums. It'll save you alot of time,effort,and money.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is basically just an hydrophobic solution, you won't have to clean your car as long as the coating stays: every time it rains, the car is cleaned by the water.
You should be careful though about the companies advertising miracles, else you'll end up disappointed.
For this kind of product, I'd always recommend leaving it to pros (aka detailers) they know what's good and what's not, unless you're a true week end god warrior: professional products are often of much higher quality and you can't buy them if you're not certified, for example, IGL Coatings that won't sell their signature product (it is called Kenzo if I am not mistaken) unless you're certified, and that just one of the many example of companies who do that.

The following users liked this post:
Rick'sJag (07-03-2018)
Old 01-07-2021, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wax definitely

Old 01-28-2021, 11:32 PM
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jess.w
wax definitely
Curious as to why wax?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 671 Posts

I'm no detailing expert, but I like good old fashioned yellow paste wax for my classic cars because it makes a show quality shine. I do it in the spring at the start of car show season. On my daily drivers, I'm not as concerned about shine as I am about protection so I use Mequiar's Ultimate Quick Wax once a month because its so easy that I'll actually do it. Before I discovered that product, I would typically put off waxing way too long.

I haven't yet tried any of the modern "ceramic coatings". I saw a video review of one that got me interested, but apparently its not completely an apply it and forget it kind of thing. While ceramics supposedly last a lot longer, they require some special maintenance too. I don't think there's anything that you can apply and never wash your car again, except maybe "champagne beige metallic" paint.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:57 AM
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pdupler
I'm no detailing expert, but I like good old fashioned yellow paste wax for my classic cars because it makes a show quality shine. I do it in the spring at the start of car show season. On my daily drivers, I'm not as concerned about shine as I am about protection so I use Mequiar's Ultimate Quick Wax once a month because its so easy that I'll actually do it. Before I discovered that product, I would typically put off waxing way too long.

I haven't yet tried any of the modern "ceramic coatings". I saw a video review of one that got me interested, but apparently its not completely an apply it and forget it kind of thing. While ceramics supposedly last a lot longer, they require some special maintenance too. I don't think there's anything that you can apply and never wash your car again, except maybe "champagne beige metallic" paint.
I am/was a Pro Detailer, sold my shop to a competitor. Products like F1 Top Coat are total junk and a waste of money. I have a saying if it is advertised on Facebook it is junk. I know who that guy is and he has a history of selling snake oil.
Sounds like you enjoy doing your cars, and that is great. Ceramic Coatings aren't hard to deal with, once it has been applied, you just need a car wash that is meant for ceramics and wash as normal. Not sure what video you saw as there are tons of them out there but for the most part the best Ceramics are apply it and forget it for at least a year+ You just have to do proper maintennce which is no different than you are doing now just different products
Your standard car wash products contain ingredients that reduce the self cleaning abilities(hydrophobic qualities), something most people don't understand.
It's not a never wash your car again, I agree, but can say the maintenance is vastly reduced, plus the surface is so slick little to nothing actually sticks.
I live in CA and in March drove across the San Joaquin Valley. Bugs were out like a herd of locusts in the next coming. Got a lot of bugs on a car that was Ceramic coated(which was a disappointment in its own right), it was so bad in 15 minutes my windshield would become translucent with bug guts. I washed it about two weeks later and the bugs just wiped off like they were fresh.
If Meguiar's works for you great,car care is like religion and politics, and if it works for you and you are happy then continue on. Being a Polymer product it is several steps above their other products.
I don't have anything to do with this company other than using their products at my shop, but.... I will put in a plug for my favorite Ceramic product(s) Feynlab Ceramic Lite, Feynlab Pure Wash and Feynlab Detail Spray V3. Simple to apply Ceramic Lite brings out your paint like no other product I have seen.
I could do a PhD dissertation on my research on Polymers and Ceramic Coatings. But I have already babbled long enough on this thread.
Totally glad you are happy with what you are using, I was just curious. You are actually using an advanced Polymer product versus the carnuba products. Much better, IMO.

Last edited by Grzldvt; 01-31-2021 at 02:34 AM.