Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Exterior (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/exterior-22/)
-   -   X308 bumpers on X300, will it work? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/exterior-22/x308-bumpers-x300-will-work-41081/)

najags9903 08-23-2010 11:16 AM

X308 bumpers on X300, will it work?

I just recently lost another X308 to timing chain tensioners:icon_no:. My brother found me a nice X300 and has the next few weeks off to go through it before I return home. I have the X308 and was wondering if swapping the front and rear bumpers were possible? I dont care much for the square fog lights on a rounded front end and would like to put the X308 bumper on at least the front. The X308 does not have parking sensors if that would matter. I would like to let my brother know so he can start removing and installing for me because I am going to have no time when back (work:icon_emm:).

TopHatChef 08-23-2010 06:48 PM

Yes, you can swap out the bumpers. While it is not of my personal preference, please do it all properly and swap both front and back bumpers, and the headlights too. The two cars are the same color right?

najags9903 08-24-2010 06:55 AM

Thank you.

Are the headlights different? I have seen one with just the front bumper swapped and it looked fine so I was not to worried, but now I will swap both knowing I can. The X308 is a 2001 XJR in British Racing Green and the X300 is a 1996 XJ6 in Topaz Beige. I am going to get the car repainted anyway so it shines like new. I wish I could swap over the interior from the X308 but I can live without it for reliability of the X300.

TopHatChef 08-24-2010 12:59 PM

I believe you can swap over the interior, but it'd be too much work IMHO. Yeah, the headlights are different. The x308 headlights look much more refined, and clearer. I'm also told they project light better. I've considered switching mine over, but I really like having a car that's completely stock (as far as looks go).

najags9903 08-24-2010 01:36 PM

Im sure the interior would swap over with a little work, but Jags are put together so well it would be way to much just because I prefer an X308 interior over a X300. I have heard the same about the headlights to. I thought you were talking about something physically being different in the shape. If it were not for the tensioners I wouldnt even bother with this but I just dont care to foot the bill for something that should have been recalled and still should be. Love the X308 and until I find the perfect one thats worth the extra $3,000 to fix the tensioner I will stick with the X300 now.........3 X308s later, 2 with tensioner trouble.

Oubadah 10-24-2010 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I reckon the X300 interior is a huge improvement over the X308. Probably the finest interior I've ever seen in a car.

Attachment 226840

What's not to like?

Cadillac 10-25-2010 04:23 AM

I agree some sort of , I find X300 interiors as the best Jaguar interior ever made by far namely gauge apperance as well as door panel design :)

najags9903 10-26-2010 02:51 PM

If it was the X300 R interior cream/black I would leave it. I love the two tone cream/black interior with the telescopic gauges and just the overall roundness of the interior. Just seems more Jaguar. I did not like the interior of the X300 from the minute I saw it. Just seemed plop heres your gauges in a jumbled up cluster and when you looked around everything was square and more harsh than the inviting curves of the X308 interior. Bottom line there is nothing wrong with it, it just reminds me to much of a BMW or Mercedes. Every option but no style, and with such a stand out exterior it should have a stand out interior. Plus the keypad style instrument panel just looks tacki and messy.

Just my opinion, the only thing I wish the X308 R interior did have is the armrest and center console leather in black like the X300 R and not the cream color. The X300 R interior is the best color layout in my opinion.