Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/)
-   -   Activate Intelligent High Beam (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/activate-intelligent-high-beam-206982/)

cmrh 08-22-2018 02:51 PM

Activate Intelligent High Beam

Is it possible to activate on an F-Pace the Intelligent High Beam function (High Beam Assist), even though the car has just xenon headlamps? This function comes activated from factory only with the LED headlamps.

I'm thinking this is possible with a software modification (there is already the camera for Lane Departure Warning in the rear-view mirror) or maybe just with small hardware changes (cables, connectors, maybe a new mirror, without buying LED headlamps).

DPinTX 09-17-2018 07:04 AM

What year is your car? The 2017 uses the SDD System and it might be possible. The 2018 and newer uses a different system.

DP

cmrh 09-18-2018 12:21 AM

The car is made on December 4th, 2017. Per VIN its year of production is 2018.

RegGraham 06-11-2019 02:03 PM

When I get my car back I'm going to try I have a MY19 with Xenon Headlamps and High Beam Assist is available on other Jaguars with the same lights. It uses the front facing camera that lane departure and road sign recognition uses so it should just be a software switch knowing JLR. I now have a Pathfinder setup although it is not modified like my SDD but I will see what is possible. I was going to test it on the new Discovery Sport Jaguar Assist have lent me but the OBD connector is not fitted properly and has a cover that is sealed with black tape and tie wrapped to the metal frame instead of being clipped in I don't thing it's been fully PDI'd just lent straight out. The only difference between the MY17 and MY18 and newer is there is an extra module between the diagnostic connector and the CAN buses, on the MY17 and older the interface talked directly to the cars CAN Buses but on the newer cars it talks to this module via ethernet as well as via a diagnostic only CAN bus. Since 2015 all JLR cars have used CAN buses totally between systems the fibre optic has gone but all new cars will eventually communicate via the WEB over and the ethernet connection is the start of giving each car a unique IP address it will be a fairly simple move from ethernet to wireless then to 5G maybe so JLR are just keeping up with the new technology. But it does make life more difficult for those of us who like to tinker and add things to our cars that weren't there when we bought them.

DPinTX 06-13-2019 11:09 AM

The car has a build as file that pulls from JLR, you can not add features that are not part of the original build, if the dealer adds an item, the dealer can request a new build file from JLR. Good luck let me know how it works out.

DP