Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/)
-   -   Android Auto (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/android-auto-215166/)

Adder1221 03-17-2019 11:34 PM

Android Auto

Hello from Lubbock Texas!! Just got my 2017 F-pace S a couple of weeks ago and wasn't sure how I can get Android Auto to work. Does anyone have any ideas ? Thanks!!

Gorgon 03-19-2019 09:37 PM

Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are only available on ICTP systems and require a software update to at least 18B. Once updated the dealer will need to enable the Smartphone Pack for AA and CP support. Some dealers may want to charge $300ish to enable, others have enabled for free.

Uncle Fishbits 04-09-2019 04:31 PM

Creeping about, joining you from the f-type side of things. Trying to discover all the settings on my 2019, I finally found the connectivity menu where you're supposed to be able to pair your Android device and set the settings.

If I am seeing a pop-up that says "connect a compatible device to view settings" whenever I touch the "Android device settings"/"set preferences for Android devices button", that might mean they have not turned on the capacity in my car? Or is there some other arcane information I am missing?🤔🤷*♀️🤷*♂️

Erok 12-06-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gorgon (Post 2042459)
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are only available on ICTP systems and require a software update to at least 18B. Once updated the dealer will need to enable the Smartphone Pack for AA and CP support. Some dealers may want to charge $300ish to enable, others have enabled for free.

​​​​​​

Have you had the Smartphone Pack successfully installed? If not, do you know anyone that has?

Gorgon 12-06-2019 11:46 AM

I had 18C installed with the SmartPhone pack enabled at my 2nd annual service in January and have been using CarPlay for almost a year. With the latest ICTP update of 19B the SmartPhone pack should be enabled by default. Also, those with 18B or better may start seeing OTA updates in ICTP for updates to the 19B release.

Gorgon 12-06-2019 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits (Post 2052927)
Creeping about, joining you from the f-type side of things. Trying to discover all the settings on my 2019, I finally found the connectivity menu where you're supposed to be able to pair your Android device and set the settings.

If I am seeing a pop-up that says "connect a compatible device to view settings" whenever I touch the "Android device settings"/"set preferences for Android devices button", that might mean they have not turned on the capacity in my car? Or is there some other arcane information I am missing?🤔🤷*♀️🤷*♂️

You can't change the settings for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay until you've connected a device via USB cable. This option basically allows you to set a preference to launch AA/CP by default or not when your phone is connected moving forward.

Erok 12-09-2019 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gorgon (Post 2163425)
I had 18C installed with the SmartPhone pack enabled at my 2nd annual service in January and have been using CarPlay for almost a year. With the latest ICTP update of 19B the SmartPhone pack should be enabled by default. Also, those with 18B or better may start seeing OTA updates in ICTP for updates to the 19B release.

Do you have the 8" screen or the 10" screen? If you have the 8", which dealership did you go to and who was your service adviser?

Gorgon 12-09-2019 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Erok (Post 2164648)
Do you have the 8" screen or the 10" screen? If you have the 8", which dealership did you go to and who was your service adviser?

10” InControl Touch Pro screen. Android Auto/Apple CarPlay updates are not available for the 8” InControl Touch system.