F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Is the F Pace available in turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Is the F Pace available in turbo ?

Hi guys,
im from the F Type forum. I saw a F Pace car today and on the rear it has the badge 3.5 t. What's with the letter T. Is it because it's a turbo motor? Why ? Why didn't they use a supercharger for this vehicle and i stead opted to go with a turbo setup.
Can anyone please explain why Jaguar is now using a Turbo. Turbo kills the exhaust sounds. No good!
Thank you.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I am not sure why jaguar put the t on the back of the 3.0 supercharged 340 hp engines.(supercharging is a form of turbo charging?) I know for sure that for 2018 the 25t (2.0t 247hp) and later on in the year 30t(2.0t 300 hp) are both turbo 4. They have fixed it for 2018.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

Jaguar has changed the way its badged newer vehicles now. The "R" on some vehicles doesn't mean supercharge V8 anymore. The gasoline ( Petrol ) Ingenium 4 cyl engines will be turbo, otherwise it'd be a dog, and not a cat.

Im not exactly sure what models are available with in the NAS market as I don't live in USA anymore, but here in NZ all the 4 cylinders are Turbo, both petrol and diesel. I know in Land Rover side, they have a twin turbo 4 cylinder available, I'm pretty sure this will also become available with the F-Pace, and new Velar due to launch. The badging is depicted by level of spec, not necessarily whats under the hood/bonnet.

Stephen - Supercharge and Turbo are similar in that they are both power adders. However Turbo basically recycles the exhaust coming out, puts it through a intercooler, then pressurizes it back into the engine. Supercharging is using engine power ( driven off crankshaft ) to produce boost. Little bit different in how they react when driven. Turbos generally have some lag ( hesitation ) till turbos spool up creating boost, where as S/C's don't need to build boost.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JBzXJ40
Jaguar has changed the way its badged newer vehicles now. The "R" on some vehicles doesn't mean supercharge V8 anymore. The gasoline ( Petrol ) Ingenium 4 cyl engines will be turbo, otherwise it'd be a dog, and not a cat.

Im not exactly sure what models are available with in the NAS market as I don't live in USA anymore, but here in NZ all the 4 cylinders are Turbo, both petrol and diesel. I know in Land Rover side, they have a twin turbo 4 cylinder available, I'm pretty sure this will also become available with the F-Pace, and new Velar due to launch. The badging is depicted by level of spec, not necessarily whats under the hood/bonnet.

Stephen - Supercharge and Turbo are similar in that they are both power adders. However Turbo basically recycles the exhaust coming out, puts it through a intercooler, then pressurizes it back into the engine. Supercharging is using engine power ( driven off crankshaft ) to produce boost. Little bit different in how they react when driven. Turbos generally have some lag ( hesitation ) till turbos spool up creating boost, where as S/C's don't need to build boost.
Thanks for informing me! The clarification was really needed.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

point of clarification - turbos do not recycle the exhaust - but rather use the exhaust to drive a turbine that drives fresh intake air (under pressure) through the inter-cooler etc.... :-)

Old 10-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Here are the model > engine designations for 2018:

20d > 180hp 2.0 liter 4 cylinder turbo diesel
20t > 247hp Ingenium 2.0 liter turbo 4-cylinder gas
30t > 296hp Ingenium 2.0 liter turbo 4 cylinder gas
35t > 340hp 3.0 liter Supercharged 6 cylinder gas
S > 380hp 3.0 liter Supercharged 6 cylinder gas

Trim levels are:
Base
Premium
Prestige
R-Sport
S