Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/)
-   -   How many of you would really buy F-Pace? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/how-many-you-would-really-buy-f-pace-151734/)

Wolfy 10-18-2015 09:18 PM

How many of you would really buy F-Pace?

Personally I would buy a Land Rover or a Macan.

Jaguar will also mean "cars" to me not trucks/crossovers.

Cheers,
Wolfy

BruceTheQuail 10-19-2015 09:33 PM

Me, if I was after a wagon or a SUV. Having driven he XE and seeing first hand how good the new chassis is, I have to say I'd take pretty much anything that uses it. And having driven the Evoque, I wasn't a fan at all so I cant say I'd buy a Land Rover though it was a few years ago and they might have improved.

I like the Macan, but Porsche are a little meh for me, and I still have a full head of hair so I don't think that I m in their demographic.

Wolfy 10-19-2015 10:28 PM

I guess it's all a problem of perception. In time, maybe people will come to accept a Jaguar crossover like they have the Porsche Cayenne. Meantime, I already have a road-going Jaguar sedan in the garage and will be getting a real SUV that can be utilized for its intended purposes (weekend offroading, wading through CA flash floods, etc....and NOT going to shopping malls)

:icon_dance-tap:

StealthPilot 10-23-2015 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfy (Post 1330701)
Personally I would buy a Land Rover or a Macan.

Jaguar will also mean "cars" to me not trucks/crossovers.

Cheers,
Wolfy

I would buy an F-Pace over a land rover for one reason: It is a lot better looking.

My wife thinks all Land Rovers are ugly, boxy vehicles. It's hard to argue with that. The Jaguar on the other hand has what all Jaguars have - a sleek sexy shape.

Bellanca_XF 10-23-2015 02:44 PM

I would, and most likely am next year. This is at the same price point as the FWD based Evoque that comes with a turbo-4. I think the Evoque is sharp, but for the same price there is no question, it's got to be the F-Pace, which in my eyes is better looking too. It does get pricey when you start ticking the boxes but I wouldn't say it's overpriced; this thing has a ton of options.

jaguny 10-24-2015 05:25 AM

If you drive an Evoque you may notice the choppy ride from the short wheel base, and 4 banger doesn't do it. Looked at them for wife's car. Colleague just bought Porsce Macan, grey with full red leather interior. Web site build doesn't do justice to this color, metallic but creamy. It has some Q5 type looks, but with large tires and color combo looks nice. Don't know about the drive feel though.

Plainsman 10-25-2015 02:28 PM

Never owned a Jag but can't wait to get one of the first F-Paces in the spring.

rparker35 10-26-2015 12:59 PM

I already have my deposit in for one.

I test drove a lot of different options, including the following:

Porsche Macan S
Porsche Macan Turbo
Audi SQ5
Audi S4
Audi S3
Mercedes GLA45 AMG
Mercedes GLE450 AMG Sport
Mercedes C450 AMG Sport
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8
BMW X5
BMW M3

After all that, ended up picking the F-Pace.

Just loved the look and the features/price combination are tough to beat.

Here is my order:
2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Exterior: British Racing Green
Wheels: 22" Double Helix 15-spoke with Black Finish
Interior: Jet Taurus Leather (Black)
Interior Trim: Meshed Aluminum
Headlining: Jet Morzine (Black)
Options: Black Pack, Roof Rails, and Heated Windshield/Washer Jets

Torrid 10-26-2015 01:24 PM

My wife likes it, but can't stand the goofy name.

rparker35 10-26-2015 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Torrid (Post 1335744)
My wife likes it, but can't stand the goofy name.

I do have to agree with you there. I wish they would have come up with something a little better.

Didn't stop me from getting ordering one though.

At least it isn't as pathetic a name as "LaFerrari". I mean come on, who thought Ferrari the Ferrari was good. The car itself is amazing, the name, not so much.

WB27 10-26-2015 02:29 PM

The F Pace is OK, but I still prefer Range Rover from both an overall design and capability point of view.

I don't think it will sway many German SUV owners away from their Porsches, Mercedes, Audis,VW's and BMWs, most I know have had Jags and Range Rovers in the past and had issues with reliability. I would prefer that Jaguar would devote more effort on quality of componentry used in existing models than to waste a ton of money fishing about for a new market segment.

Keep your existing clients happy, then expand into new areas , not vice versa.

Plainsman 10-26-2015 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by rparker35 (Post 1335714)
I already have my deposit in for one.

I test drove a lot of different options, including the following:

Porsche Macan S
Porsche Macan Turbo
Audi SQ5
Audi S4
Audi S3
Mercedes GLA45 AMG
Mercedes GLE450 AMG Sport
Mercedes C450 AMG Sport
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8
BMW X5
BMW M3

After all that, ended up picking the F-Pace.

Just loved the look and the features/price combination are tough to beat.

Here is my order:
2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Exterior: British Racing Green
Wheels: 22" Double Helix 15-spoke with Black Finish
Interior: Jet Taurus Leather (Black)
Interior Trim: Meshed Aluminum
Headlining: Jet Morzine (Black)
Options: Black Pack, Roof Rails, and Heated Windshield/Washer Jets

Count me in! Just came from the dealer. I placed my order. I'm first in line with my dealer for an F-Pace S First Edition! In all honesty, I don't like the Rhodium Silver and I wanted the black wheels, but I'll take the web site First Edition as is just to get an F-Pace S with every possible option for 4-5K less than pricing up an S with my preferred color and every possible option. You and I beat the post-auto show crowd. The dealers will be flooded with orders after the auto shows.

Now the anxious wait!

ferraripete 10-26-2015 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by rparker35 (Post 1335746)
I do have to agree with you there. I wish they would have come up with something a little better.

At least it isn't as pathetic a name as "LaFerrari". I mean come on, who thought Ferrari the Ferrari was good. The car itself is amazing, the name, not so much.

la Ferrari...agreed. what a goofy name. Ferrari has long since left me. long live vintage Ferraris!

regarding the f-pace...are there any real pictures or renderings avail?

Plainsman 10-26-2015 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by ferraripete (Post 1335882)
la Ferrari...agreed. what a goofy name. Ferrari has long since left me. long live vintage Ferraris!

regarding the f-pace...are there any real pictures or renderings avail?

Google is your friend. Or Bing:

http://www.automoblog.net/2015/10/01...jaguar-f-pace/

Jaguar F-Pace leaps into crossover segment [UPDATE]

2017 Jaguar F-Pace | car review @ Top Speed

ferraripete 10-26-2015 11:54 PM

thank you for the links. looks like a nice package.

fre2bpowerless 11-01-2015 02:50 AM

I am seriously considering the F-Pace or the new Q7 to replace my prev-gen RR Sport. It's never gonna be taken off-road or driven through water, the only we face here is cobbled roads and potholes.

Torrid 11-01-2015 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by rparker35 (Post 1335746)

We may get one eventually, but my wife still prefers the Range Rover Sport. Either way we tend to buy used and keep a vehicle a long time. So we're probably 3 years at the dinner m soonest for that decision.

Mbourne 11-02-2015 07:51 PM

My wife likes them so I may not have much to say about whether I get ones. I do like them on several levels; looks, power options, general size. I still want a Landrover Defender (I need a support vehicle for my FType) but I know she is going to get what she wants. .....she who must be obeyed :icon_frown:

Marque 12-15-2015 06:49 AM

I'm definitely in for next yr. My wife wants a BMW X6, but my plan was, next yr for our anniversary, which also is her birthday, I was going to get her a new XJL Portfolio; but in reality, that was really to satisfy "me"! Hahaha

But this fits just right for both of us, because it's a crossover, similar to the X6, but looks better, & then the obvious,,,,,,, it's a farkin JAGUAR! So I'm definitely getting 1...

jag13 12-15-2015 08:59 AM

For my wife, hopefully a First Edition! We love our first Jag! Time for another one in the household!