F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

How many of you would really buy F-Pace?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

It's only available in Rhodium Silver; which I like, but Caesium Blue just pops.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
It's only available in Rhodium Silver; which I like, but Caesium Blue just pops.

I'm in the USA, and my FE is coming in Caesium Blue on April 20.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Plainsman
I'm in the USA, and my FE is coming in Caesium Blue on April 20.
Interesting, and congratulations! I'll have to get in touch with the dealership because as far as they were concerned it wasn't an option.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:57 AM

Interesting, and congratulations! I'll have to get in touch with the dealership because as far as they were concerned it wasn't an option.
You have to hang out on the F-Pace-only forum instead of this all-Jaguar forum, if you are really interested in the F-Pace. That's where I found out that not only was it possible but how to do it. The sales reps are usually the last to find out. You have to educate your sales rep/dealer. I will say, it might be too late for you. My understanding is the allocations for the FE are filled (and Caesium Blue is available only for the FE) but I could be wrong on that one. Perhaps you can locate a dealer that hasn't filled its FE allocation.

Last edited by Plainsman; 02-07-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:12 AM

You have to hang out on the F-Pace-only forum instead of this all-Jaguar forum, if you are really interested in the F-Pace. That's where I found out that not only was it possible but how to do it. The sales reps are usually the last to find out. You have to educate your sales rep/dealer. I will say, it might be too late for you. My understanding is the allocations for the FE are filled (and Caesium Blue is available only for the FE) but I could be wrong on that one. Perhaps you can locate a dealer that hasn't filled its FE allocation.
It didn't even show it in the brochure, they must have dropped the ball on that one. I don't want a First Edition, though. If I can't have it, Ammonite Grey will do just fine.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:41 AM

It didn't even show it in the brochure, they must have dropped the ball on that one. I don't want a First Edition, though. If I can't have it, Ammonite Grey will do just fine.

Yup. Nothing about it in the brochure. Nothing on the configuration site. But a few of us here in the US have gotten our FE orders changed to Caesium Blue. The change is now on my Vista order sheet. I made my original order back in September when dealers were telling people they were not yet accepting orders and hadn't receive any information from Jaguar about the car. Fortunately, my sales rep was willing to investigate the F-Pace instead of trying to sell me a different Jaguar model (okay, she tried for five minutes). But I have no interest in another Jaguar other than the F-Pace and (sigh, hopefully one day) the F-Type R. I'd find out information from the F-Pace forum that she didn't have and send it to her almost every day. I'm first line for an F-Pace at that dealership and hold the order for their only allocation for a First Edition.

Last edited by Plainsman; 02-07-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Saw my first one on the road today near Glasgow, in blue.
To me it is a good enough looking car, but does not look like a Jaguar, the same goes for the XE and new XF, very much styled like any other car.

So no, I very much doubt I would buy one, the only new Jag that interests me is the new XJ or F-Type (which I am obsessed with!).

The following users liked this post:
Spikepaga (04-30-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 07:05 PM

Yup. Nothing about it in the brochure. Nothing on the configuration site. But a few of us here in the US have gotten our FE orders changed to Caesium Blue. The change is now on my Vista order sheet. I made my original order back in September when dealers were telling people they were not yet accepting orders and hadn't receive any information from Jaguar about the car. Fortunately, my sales rep was willing to investigate the F-Pace instead of trying to sell me a different Jaguar model (okay, she tried for five minutes). But I have no interest in another Jaguar other than the F-Pace and (sigh, hopefully one day) the F-Type R. I'd find out information from the F-Pace forum that she didn't have and send it to her almost every day. I'm first line for an F-Pace at that dealership and hold the order for their only allocation for a First Edition.
I guess I should have been a bit more proactive, but if it's not going to be available on the S it doesn't really matter to me. If the First Edition could be had with brogue leather and without adaptive cruise control(I don't like the plastic rectangular piece that covers the emblem) I would have been set, but no dice. Be sure to share photos when you take delivery!! Speaking of the F-Type I bet that would look amazing in Caesium.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Made up my mind hopefully will sign up for one this weekend. Looked at BMW, MB and Audi. Had a deposit on a SQ5 glad I changed my mind.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

I am a sedan guy and always wondered about this American fad for 'taller' cars and crossovers. Why? Is it because you perceive (falsely) more safety sitting higher up? Or do you need its higher ground clearance (some negligible) for occasional off-roading? I have no desire of ever owning such a vehicle myself.

Last edited by Wolfy; 02-24-2016 at 10:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Swimref (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Default Really

Originally Posted by Wolfy
I am a sedan guy and always wondered about this American fad for 'taller' cars and crossovers. Why? Is it because you perceive (falsely) more safety sitting higher up? Or do you need its higher ground clearance (some negligible) for occasional off-roading? I have no desire of ever owning such a vehicle myself.
As you can see I'm new to this forum and understand your feelings about cross-overs or SUV's but I guess that means that you have never had the need to haul large quantities of anything, a better command of the road, haul more people (not saying that the F Pace will ever become a 7 passenger) or appreciate the look and or style. Not many people will do any off-roading with any of the higher end SUV's.

Having spent many years on different forums it's unfortunate that you would prefer to spend your time on a forum and express your opinion of disdain on a vehicle that many people enjoy. I think your time and opinions would be better spent on a forum for sedans so you can praise their worthiness or lack thereof.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by MKenM
I guess that means that you have never had the need to haul large quantities of anything, a better command of the road, haul more people...or appreciate the look and or style. Not many people will do any off-roading with any of the higher end SUV's.
It's always the same argument from the SUV/crossover folks -- (1) better command of the road (not really, given how tiny today's car windows are, look at the Evoque), (2) hauling people and stuff (oh no how do the Europeans manage to survive in their tiny econoboxes and tiny apartments?!) We Americans have so much crap that we can't use the garage for cars anymore, (3) not many people will do off-roading (so much for the 'sport utility') (4) the look and style (OK if you like a truck or station wagon on high stilts...some aren't even that much higher than a sedan).

BUT my main gripe is with the drivers of such vehicles, where the 'better command of the road' gives them license to drive like idiots.

Yes I am mainly active in the sedan forums but I started this thread because I seriously doubted the F-Pace would survive the competition despite its good looks (sadly Jaguar will forever be haunted by its Lucas 'lord of darkness' past).

Old 02-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would, i got the evoque when it first hit sales and that thing WOWED everyone. i have a feeling the F-PACE would be the exact same.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:07 PM

The Evoque is definitely an interesting vehicle as I am sure the F Pace will be but back to what Wolfy commented. I don't have a clue what generation you are from but the SUV, CUV, Station Wagon has probably been around longer than both of us. It is not a phenomenon or something that just recently crept into our lives. Over the years it has served as a great u-haul for whatever our needs have been or will be. As far as survive-ability in the Jaguar line I think it will do just fine as long as it shares some of it components with the J and LR line. Do you think Jaguar sells a lot of cars to start. In comparison Porsche is a much larger company. Each have their niche buyers.

And by the way here is an early SUV - Station Wagon or whatever you want to call it.

1935 Jensen Woodie

Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 AM

Going to the Cleveland Auto Show tomorrow, hopefully they'll have it there and I'll snap a few pics.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:52 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I getting rid of my Srx and getting one for a work car

Old 02-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

I would consider one, so long as it fit my German Shepherd and depending on how it drove. Would look great paired with my Type R!

Old 02-27-2016, 06:18 PM

I was expecting it to look kind of bad without the 22" wheels, but I think it's sharp. I just wish it wasn't roped off.

Name:  D05002C2-1E59-455E-A31C-B5EBD5566B69.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  2.19 MB

Name:  752F70BC-0999-4826-BF37-36C78059C970.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  1.98 MB
Name:  D2FACB48-9FF1-4023-89AA-EDBD72BF8EBD.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  2.18 MB
Name:  B982386E-2F2B-40C3-BB51-8EEA1BBF4031.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  2.11 MB

Old 02-27-2016, 07:59 PM

Nice pix, thanks! that looks like an "R" is that correct? Just ordered my "S" today. BTW for those who are interested the dealers now have brochures. It is 100 pages. The NY Auto Show is not until next month. Can't wait to see one in person.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by MKenM
Nice pix, thanks! that looks like an "R" is that correct? Just ordered my "S" today. BTW for those who are interested the dealers now have brochures. It is 100 pages. The NY Auto Show is not until next month. Can't wait to see one in person.
Nice, what color combination did you go with? Yes this was an R-Sport, they also had a XE-S which is kind of weird since we don't get that trim here. I know it is a strange pair but for me I'm
thinking this or the new Lincoln Continental.

Quick Reply: How many of you would really buy F-Pace?