Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/)
-   -   "If the F-Pace Sucks, Jaguar Is Dead" (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pace-x761-c-x17-87/if-f-pace-sucks-jaguar-dead-156520/)

ultra63 01-22-2016 11:25 AM

"If the F-Pace Sucks, Jaguar Is Dead"

If the F-Pace Sucks, Jaguar Is Dead - The Drive

"So, yes, it looks like the new Jaguar F-Pace is a winner. Even when I was standing around in minus temperatures at the frozen track, the sound of Jaguar’s roaring 380-hp V-6 made my heart pick up a beat or two. And when I got behind the wheel, the ZF-derived manumatic eight-speed (same as in the XE and XF, but recalibrated for the AWD F-Pace) felt good. It did out-think me once, downshifting when I wanted to hold a higher gear, something a Porsche PDK wouldn’t do, but it’s calibrated to hold a gear even at redline, and that it did without fail. I’m also pleased to report that this sporty new crossover is punishing only in track mode—or if you can’t resist those 22-inch wheels. In that case, I hope you live in San Diego, not Mahwah.
Still, the question remains: Is the new Jaguar F-Pace good enough? To learn that, we must drive one on actual pavement. And only then will we know if the F-Pace is the game-changer Jaguar so desperately needs."

I have ordered a 1st edition and see no reason to cancel my order.

amcdonal86 01-22-2016 02:42 PM

From what I've read so far, it sounds like a class leader. I would have never considered one of these but now I'm thinking it would be a great car for the wife. :eek:

TheFleetingFox 01-22-2016 05:32 PM

Having seen and sat in the F-Pace during the Jaguar LA Tour, I have to admit it is definitely one of the better choices.

The Macan has a bit more quality, but the average Macan sells for around $75,000. For a Macan S (not turbo) and not fully loaded.

$50,000 for a very well equipped F-Pace, is an absolute bargain in comparison - and it will pull the buyers that Jag needs. Those who want style + performance, but are sick of the old guard crap from BMW and can't afford (or justify) the Macan's pricing.

An XE-S + F-Pace household will make people feel so good about their purchase (quality, value, service, etc) and WILL save Jaguar's finances.

Well done.

Bellanca_XF 01-22-2016 11:56 PM

Seems to be a success, but what Jaguar really needs to do is advertise the hell out of it.

Brentcon01 02-28-2016 09:22 PM

Sat in one and kicked the tires at the SF XE Audition Tour. I think it's great. Everyone at the event seemed to really like it. And for about what you'd pay for a loaded Ford Explorer! What's not to like?

ddsski 03-05-2016 11:55 AM

Drive that old guard crap --> X5d for a while and realize why its the class leader for the past decade. Without the bling or grandeur of a Range Rover or Mercedes, they just do EVERYTHING they are asked to do.....including some very hot laps in a snowstorm at Lime Rock a few years back!! all with out missing a beat. All this while getting 25-27 mpg at 80 mph. Hopefully, the F Pace S doesn't end up being another Tata suspension drift car!! As far as the 22's are concerned, they are just Fuuuuin stupid IMHO. Great looking in the garage only. NOW THAT'S A STUPID AMERICAN FAD HANDED DOWN BY THE TRULY UNEDUCATED AMONG US. Thieris a reason why no race series uses crazy big dubs with rubber band tires. I'd own an F Type in a heartbeat if the suspension was better. The early one I drove was a brick with a hyper rear end. My 2012 XK had a darty feel for the same reason. Jag never won in F1 for the same reasons. History does repeat itself. If the suspension was as good as my Evora S, which to me is the benchmark in the auto industry, I wouldn't be on a Jag hiatus at present. Biggest mistake Tata has ever done is not buy Lotus a few years back to get technology they desparately need.

slojotaa 04-22-2016 06:33 PM

It will far from suck, and it is a brilliant compliment to my F-Type S. Same engine in my F-Pace S and F-Type S. Awesome engines!!! A lot of thought went into this car, and Jaguar is back and at new standards in my humble opinion.:icon_banana: