F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Long term Reliability (f-Pace)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Long term Reliability (f-Pace)

Hi i am new to this forum. As many others i am sold on the looks, comfort and the size of the F-pace. I am also impressed with the warranty (there is only one dealer in all of Phoenix). However, i am very hesitant on the lackluster reputation of Jaguar as a whole, when it comes to reliability. also the re-sale price when is time to update.
Can you guys ease my concerns and help convince me to buy an F-pace??!!

Old 04-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,424 Likes on 1,937 Posts

It's now the best selling Jaguar of all time, so heavy demand means depreciation is likely to be low.Whether this will continue or not nobody can tell but it is certainly helping Jaguar's bottom line !

The car has not been on sale long enough for long term reliability and durability to be assessed yet. I now see lots around here in Cheshire in the UK

The following users liked this post:
Obelix (04-30-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

I agree. The F Pace in NZ has been selling quite well. So far I haven't seen any major issues. They are running the same engines that have been out now for several years, haven't seen any issues with the engine side of things. As Fraser mentioned, it might be a bit early to determine reliability. I've been with the product for 15 years now, I would definitely say that the reliability has increased big time compared to what it was when I started. Most of the issues these days are software, mainly needing to be updated. Just keep in mind that different enviornments of the world will have different affects on the vehicles. You should be all good to go.

Obelix (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will admit that being a Lexus owner for many years has spoiled me. But opinions like the ones shared by you guys makes it a little easier to pull the trigger on an F-Pace.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Obelix
I will admit that being a Lexus owner for many years has spoiled me. But opinions like the ones shared by you guys makes it a little easier to pull the trigger on an F-Pace.
I have had several Jags, and currently own the F-Type R and the F-Pace. Both fine vehicles, and have to admit 2 of the best I have ever owned, and my family calls me the President of the "Car of the month club" :-)

Long term reliability? Who knows, but current term.....no problems
Look - Best in the market on both cars in my opinion.
Lexus it is "NOT" from the good perspectives, and looks perspectives.

Signed...."Bullish on the Brand", in NJ

SinF (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I agree, recent Lexus exterior design decided to go its own way from tasteful or conservative.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by Obelix
Hi i am new to this forum. As many others i am sold on the looks, comfort and the size of the F-pace. I am also impressed with the warranty (there is only one dealer in all of Phoenix). However, i am very hesitant on the lackluster reputation of Jaguar as a whole, when it comes to reliability. also the re-sale price when is time to update.
Can you guys ease my concerns and help convince me to buy an F-pace??!!
The F Pace has not been on the market long enough to give an indication of even initial reliability, never mind long term.

Modern Jags (Ford era till present day) have proven to be just as reliable as other similar high-end semi-exotic car. They have a bad reputation and horrible depreciation simply because people have long memories about the dark days of British Leyland and Joseph Lucas.

How many more decades will need to pass before this stuff goes away is anybody's guess.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Lucas, the prince of darkness, is never going away. It is now part of lore.