F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Great Adventurer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Adventurer?

I'm looking at luxury SUV's (BMW X3, BMW X4, Jaguar F-Pace, Range Rover Velar) for an all around moderate grass/gravel trail runner, long distance (500-600 mile range) comfort vehicle, capable ice/snow vehicle for going skiing (need to have a roof rack), pretty quiet cabin noise, nice styling, etc.

The FPace seems to be in line with my current mission. Are there any FPace owners out there that share the same mission or similar? Adventurer, skiing, hiking, decent road trips, etc? Anyone that can share their overall experience with what they like about having the FPace on these types of missions and what they wish they had? Also please include types of tires you're running and what types of packages your SUV is equipped with. If you wish you had tech package or cold weather or something else....etc. Or would you have rather a larger SUV X4/5? I live in Northern VA and we have family in the new england area, we go hiking, skiing at snowshoe and other local resorts, we travel to the south to myrtle beach as well. We want all the seats to be comfortable for at least 4 adults, not terribly concerned about the middle seat or a third row...

Thanks for your input in advance!

Old 02-25-2018, 06:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My F Pace has been perfect for all my adventuring. I came from many years of Land Rover ownership and they always worked well for my adventures, but the F Pace is in a new league. Primarily because of the activity key. That alone is worth the price of admission. I wear it all the time, stand up paddling, kite surfing, and just plain running and walking around town. Low grip traction is good on the standard good year tires on my F Pace S. Long distance comfort is excellent.

With the vehicles you’re considering, I’d say it comes down to the F Pace and the Velar. Velar is more comfortable, way nicer interior, but pretty expensive if you equip similarly. The F Pace is a way better driver, but you give up some interior quality for a lower cost (also remember the F Pace comes with 5yr/60K warranty AND service). I went the Jag route because I wanted an SUV that drove great, the Velar wasn’t around when I bought, so the Macan S was my only alternative. I think I’d still go same route today, because I like my Land Rovers rugged. The Velar is too much of a fashion queen and doesn’t have the authenticity that other rovers have (but are slowly losing ).