F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Possibility of non-standard factory customization?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibility of non-standard factory customization?

Pardon me if this is a completely ignorant question, but I'm totally new to the Jaguar brand, and looking closely at a new build F-Pace order: is there any way to customize a Jaguar when ordering from the factory that ISN'T spec'd in the website configurator? I know some of the other luxury car makers permit bespoke departures from the standard option lineup, but don't know if Jaguar has any option for such a thing. The reason I ask is that I would like an F-Pace with all of the technology options of an R, but I do not want the R's heavily side-bolstered sport seats. I like the ventilated prestige seats much more. So I either want a prestige build with the adaptive cruise control, lane assist, etc. added, or more plausibly an R-build with the seats "downgraded" to prestige seats. I assume changing either of those after delivery would be extremely cost prohibitive.

I asked the dealer, and he said the web configuration tool the public sees captures what is and isn't possible. Is that always the case, or can true custom changes be made?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

Probably better to go straight to the horses mouth and ask Jaguar themselves if customisation is possible.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Can't change the seats, just like you can't have Sienna Tan interior in anything but a Portfolio If you like Light Oyster, then you'll have to buy a Prestige. Sucks, really. Especially since some of the color combinations are awful!

Old 04-02-2018, 03:08 AM

My jaguar dealer gave me the impression is that you can have things off the main build, but it will cost. I am considering an XJR575 and I dont like Firenze red but want Italian Racing red. It will cost, but should be possible. Also, the LWB version of the XJR is not available on the build menu but apparently can be bought if you are willing to pay for the special changes. I am in Australia and notice some of the options on the UK site are not on the Aust site. I may request some of them. I find it hard to imagine that a car built in the UK for Australia couldnt have all the UK options.

Time will tell.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Default Firenze vs IRR

My understanding is that IRR is Firenze. They just changed the name of the color. As for differences in an Australian build, I noticed several when comparing specs for the F-PACE. For example, it seems that in Australia an F-PACE can be ordered with a "solid" roof, whereas in the U.S. build, only "glass" is available.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by KingFala
My understanding is that IRR is Firenze. They just changed the name of the color. As for differences in an Australian build, I noticed several when comparing specs for the F-PACE. For example, it seems that in Australia an F-PACE can be ordered with a "solid" roof, whereas in the U.S. build, only "glass" is available.
I assume that some spec changes are due to local regulations, but a solid vs glass roof seems arbitrary at best. Then I saw that Canada only gets a LWB version of the XJR575 and again, wonder why. Until such time as I go to order my car I dont really know, but I suspect that build options in the expensive models are available to all no matter where you order as nothing else makes commercial sense. All the XJs are built in the same factory so why would there be some options only for some countries when they are literally built right next to each other? I need to check out the FIrenze/IRR question by actually seeing a car in the metal in those colours. I find that red is the worst colour to display accurately on a computer monitor and frankly, Firenze looks pretty awful on the screen. Will let you know when and if I find this out.

MY wife wants an E-pace and again, checking out the build options, there are a few extra options available in the UK and not in Australia such as carbon fibre mirrors and vents. Minor to be sure, but I dont understand why. Maybe the website in Australia is just a bit ordinary.

Cheers!

Old 04-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Default Where Assembled

Is it possible that these differences is because of Australian vehicles might come out of the Chery assembly plant in China? Although, I wouldn't think that the XJ's are assembled anywhere other than the U.K.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by KingFala
Is it possible that these differences is because of Australian vehicles might come out of the Chery assembly plant in China? Although, I wouldn't think that the XJ's are assembled anywhere other than the U.K.
It is possible that explains some differences in some models, but XJs are only made in the UK. Also, I dont get why there should be differences at all. When you spend billions of dollars on setting up a new model, why restrict a specific PAINT colour to one or more markets only? Seems odd to me.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Default Mere Mortals

We are, after all, just mere mortals!