F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

VelocityAP ECU Tuning for Jaguar F-Pace V6, V8, 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by xccess
I heard elsewhere even if you flash back to stock they still know it been flash...
Dealer will detect it if you bring in the car with a tune, their tool will report if anything but stock is currently running. If you flash back, they will have to look into history for signs of tuning.

That is, even if you flash back it is possible to detect that it was flashed. So if your engine needs major warranty work, and they look for signs of tuning so they can deny warranty - they will find them.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Non dealership typical scan tool leave the same fingerprint, so there is nothing they can prove. Besides this tune has been out for years (same engine FType, etc.) with no issues.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAP reflash how is mileage and drivability ?

Still haven't heard from anyone regarding gas mileage and drivability with the tune.
Is there more torque, particularly in the low and mid range or just more top end power.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:47 AM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I’ve been driving with the VAP tune and pulley for a week now. While I’m not wringing the engine’s neck as I’m still within break in mileage, the midrange power increase and throttle response is honestly even better than I had imagined beforehand. In fact, the shove in the back at 3000rpm is more of a surprise than the much talked about top end. The pulley really lowers the rpm range for the midrange. And the throttle response is so sharp now that I happily leave it in D rather than S. Before the tune, throttle response in D felt way too numb for me, and I always drove in S. I intend to make a few 0-60 videos shortly using a Passport G Timer. I’m honestly expecting 4.3-4.4 0-60 numbers.

No significant change in fuel consumption for me so far under normal non WOT driving conditions. The tune has honestly exceeded my expectations.

On a side note: removing both the engine cover and sound deadening liner under the hood, along with installing BMC air filters really makes the induction side of this engine roar above 4000rpm, while remaining as quiet as stock in normal driving.

Last edited by Whitefpace; 04-07-2018 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:09 PM

How was the pulley install? Any instructions? I got the tune without the pulley...

Old 04-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dabitz
How was the pulley install? Any instructions? I got the tune without the pulley...
The guys at my bodyshop were able to do this easily following this write up for an F Type:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...pulley-179588/

Now, things would have been easy and straightforward, but........ my oem pulley seemed to be a recently revised model and i had to have a 2mm shim made with centering hub (requiring the VAP pulley also to be machined slightly (pics included). Without the shim the first rib of the belt would run off the pulley.

Ive sent my oem pulley to Stuart days ago and he will probably advise shortly on the best way to deal with this pulley revision. I’m the first one who has encountered this, but the shim has worked perfectly and as mentioned earlier, the tune is simply above and beyond expectations ....

Last edited by Whitefpace; 04-07-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Is yours a 2018 model?

Old 04-07-2018, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the info. Is yours a 2018 model?
You’re welcome! It’s a late 2017 US model

Old 04-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitefpace

The guys at my bodyshop were able to do this easily following this write up for an F Type:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...pulley-179588/

Now, things would have been easy and straightforward, but........ my oem pulley seemed to be a recently revised model and i had to have a 2mm shim made with centering hub (requiring the VAP pulley also to be machined slightly (pics included). Without the shim the first rib of the belt would run off the pulley.

Ive sent my oem pulley to Stuart days ago and he will probably advise shortly on the best way to deal with this pulley revision. I’m the first one who has encountered this, but the shim has worked perfectly and as mentioned earlier, the tune is simply above and beyond expectations ....
We've revised the drawings for the later model pulleys. Stock will be done in about 1.5 weeks so no need for ships in future.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 04-10-2018, 08:16 AM

Is there a way to know which one you have?

Old 04-10-2018, 08:33 AM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Early = Grey Metallic
Late = Black

Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Is there a way to know which one you have?
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Early = Grey Metallic
Late = Black
Here are some crappy pics of my late model pulley

Attached Thumbnails VelocityAP ECU Tuning for Jaguar F-Pace V6, V8, 2.0T-oem-pulley-1.jpg   VelocityAP ECU Tuning for Jaguar F-Pace V6, V8, 2.0T-oem-pulley-2.jpg   VelocityAP ECU Tuning for Jaguar F-Pace V6, V8, 2.0T-oem-pulley-3.jpg  
Old 05-09-2018, 10:36 AM

As of today my 2017 35T Prestige has done 2000km, nearly all of them with the VAP tune, pulley and BMC airfilters, as it was tuned on day 1.... As surprising as the performance increase was right out of the gate, it has only gotten better as the engine breaks in. The Jag drank both fuel and coolant at an alarming "pace" in the first 1500km or so, but has settled down nicely on 18mpg in mostly city driving, and is very capable of hitting the 23mpg highway number on longer trips.

Throttle response in Dynamic mode, in Drive, let alone Sport, is quite fierce. It might actually take some getting used too...and I love it. After driving turbo cars all my life this throttle response is truly an eye opener. As I've mentioned before, as surprising as the top end performance is, the increase in midrange power delivery, is even more so.

The pops and bangs from the exhaust (part of the VAP tune) on overrun from 4k rpm and above, have only gotten louder and angrier over time, as has the exhaust note in general.
I also appreciate the VERY noticeable increase in supercharger induction noise resulting from the combo of BMC airfilters, overdriven supercharger due to the pulley, and the removal of both the engine cover and the sound deadening hood liner.

All in all the tune continues to amaze and is way beyond what I expected beforehand.

(Yes my baby looks a tiny bit different than a stock Prestige...20mm wheel adapters and some paintwork..)

Attached Thumbnails VelocityAP ECU Tuning for Jaguar F-Pace V6, V8, 2.0T-img_4597.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Whitefpace:
Dabitz (05-09-2018), theweeb (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 02:21 PM

Another happy customer LOL. The tune is amazing. The pulls you can do on the highway are ridiculous. Chris modified my tune for even more pops (about 2500RPMS), pops and crackles everywhere. Watch out for the po po though. I learned the hard way LOL (39 over).

The following users liked this post:
Whitefpace (05-09-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 08:37 AM

By the way, 0-60s in the 4.5-4.6 range are easypeasy and require no special preparation or tricks, just a bit of brake torque to 2000rpm and off you go. I'll see if I can eek out a perfect 4.3-4.4 with video proof (Passport G-Timer)....

Last edited by Whitefpace; 05-10-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am selling my F-Pace.
Besides removing the tune from the vehicle and putting the stock tune back on, is there anything I or VelocityAP need to do to the tuner in order for me to sell it?

-David

Old 07-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by da40flyer
I am selling my F-Pace.
Besides removing the tune from the vehicle and putting the stock tune back on, is there anything I or VelocityAP need to do to the tuner in order for me to sell it?

-David
If you flash the car back stock, this would unlock your VTech unit. Take note of the Serial number of the device and your car VIN(send a pic of the Data Page on the VTech PC program, has all the info). You can then erase the VTech with the PC software and this will reset the device to the way it arrived new in box (providing your vehicle was flashed back stock, otherwise this won't work and still be locked to your vehicle VIN).

You would then need to send Stuart@Velocityap.com an email with that "data page" picture and let him know the new client that will be acquiring your VTech unit.

FYI, the new client would be required to pay for the tune, minus the price of the unit ($250usd)..the tune itself cannot be transferred over to another vehicle.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 07-03-2018, 09:03 AM

Perfect. Thanks!

Old 07-09-2018, 09:07 AM

@Tuning@VelocityAP,

Would my tuner work on all of the Jaguar models, or just the F-Pace (assuming of course a new tune was purchased)?

Old 07-09-2018, 09:43 AM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by da40flyer
@Tuning@VelocityAP,

Would my tuner work on all of the Jaguar models, or just the F-Pace (assuming of course a new tune was purchased)?
It'll work on any of the JLR models with the 3.0/5.0L, but "nothing" with flexray communication, those cars require a CMD unit to flash via OBD or can be bench flashed with most of all bench tuning tools.

Flexray came in "around" 17.5MY, so not all F-Pace's will work on this unit. To verify, the client can always send me an email with the ECU label picture and I can tell if it's flexray.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com