F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Jag F-Type R vs. Corvette C7 GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SGT h0llywood
My brother in law got an AWD R and his best friend got a GTR. The GTR is slightly more powerful and has 4 seats. However, at the end of the day, one drives a Jaguar and the other drives a Nissan.

If brand value matters, the Jaguar trumps a Chevy.
If you are for the power, go for the Corvette.

Don't intend to sound bourgeois, but this is another element of that exclusivity.
Yea I would have to agree with you.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I have very uncharitable image of a typical Corvette owner. While I appreciate C7 as a very capable sports car, this negative image would detract from enjoyment of ownership.

When I was shopping for a car I considered 911, F-type, C7, and Mercedes SL. C7 was eliminated because of image. SL was eliminated due to lack of capability. 911 was eliminated due to dealership snobbery. So I ended up with an F-type. My first Jaguar ever.

The following users liked this post:
Sivtec (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

As I am in S.W. Fla., I would be interested in hearing from anyone in this area who has had experience with dealers in Sarasota, Ft. Myers, or Naples as to sales, or maintenance. Curious as to support from Local personnel. P.M. if any information.
Thanks.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I totally respect the vette, but there is just an image problem when you compare it to something like the jaguar. they really are apples and oranges in that regard.

performance-wise: the GS is tough to beat for the $. But, they are very common (C7, not specifically the GS). So that depends on what you value.

I have had 3 porsche's and loved them, but switched to the jag (2015 R), because it was absolutely beautiful, has the best sounding exhaust and is much more rare to see on the Road. I have not regretted my decision.

Sivtec (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by FtypeRRR
I totally respect the vette, but there is just an image problem when you compare it to something like the jaguar. they really are apples and oranges in that regard.

performance-wise: the GS is tough to beat for the $. But, they are very common (C7, not specifically the GS). So that depends on what you value.

I have had 3 porsche's and loved them, but switched to the jag (2015 R), because it was absolutely beautiful, has the best sounding exhaust and is much more rare to see on the Road. I have not regretted my decision.
Yea, if I do go with the GS its going to be hard to turn down that exhaust note...

Curious what Porsche's have you had?

Last edited by Sivtec; 12-20-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

I never understand the "exclusivity" comments. That always strikes me as being narcissitic, "hey look at me, I have something rare." I couldn't care less what other people think or how many people own one. All that matters to me is that what I'm driving pleases me.

And then there are the stereotypes, which signify narrow-mindedness. It's interesting that on the thread Sivtec started on the Corvette Forum, C7 owners were very complimentary of the F-Type, yet over here, there are more people w/ their noses stuck in the air.

Good luck on your choice Sivtec, and as I said in the other place, you can't go wrong, as they are both great cars!

Last edited by Foosh; 12-21-2016 at 03:03 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Foosh:
Arne (12-22-2016), Mbourne (12-21-2016), Sivtec (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
I never understand the "exclusivity" comments. That always strikes me as being narcissitic, "hey look at me, I have something rare." I couldn't care less what other people think. All that matters to me is that what I'm driving pleases me.

And then there are the stereotypes, which signify narrow-mindedness.

Good luck on your choice Sivtec, and as I said in the other place, you can't go wrong, as they are both great cars!
Ha thanks Foosh. I was wondering when you would jump on here.

I do like the fact that both sites are very open to both. Most other "vs" threads are very bias to what forum they are on. So both communities have been very informative.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

I only stop by occasionally. There are a lot of people here I respect.

Sivtec (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Both are great vehicles... Having the privileged to be burden with such a decision is definitely a 1st world problem.

My 2 cents, if you plan to go to a track often, the C7 GS is a much better option. Not that you can't track a F-Type, but the C7 GS will be a better balanced track vehicle. If street driving is what you are after, then it will likely come down to what aspect of the car will be most important to you which will be subject to your own person tastes (i.e. what you like most on the exterior and then interior).

In the end, as you mentioned, you'll need to go out and do some test driving. Good luck on your decision as you can't really go wrong either way.

Sivtec (12-21-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I trade in a 2016 corvette Z51 LT3 for a FType S AWD

Different cars - The Jag is my fav of the 2 but the Vette is a Beast of a car - The Vette eats the Jags Lunch on the track and probably had more "bells and whistles" ...

But the Jag looks better, is more comfortable, rides better, sounds better , ....

Vette had WAY more trunk space, 2 sets of clubs for fun - Can't even fit my clubs into the Ftype.....

I don't regret my decision but could have easily lived with the Vette as well...

Also remember there are Way fewer Jags around u will get more 'looks' for sure!

Sivtec (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I was on a downtown street corner surrounded by four beauties and a nice red Corvette was rounding the corner in front of us and all four of them said 'sorry and your *****!' in unison.

That was disheartening and I am sure not the reaction that gentlemen wanted from the women regarding his beautiful car.

Jaquar = less juvenile and irrational ***** comments.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

correction: 4 porsches
3 911's (g-series, 993 & 997)
1 Cayman

cayman was my favorite (balanced, nimble, responsive), but was always underpowered. now that GT4?!?! i'm afraid to ever test drive it, for what could follow...

Sivtec (12-29-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by F12guy
Corvettes seem to be common. I counted at least 9 on the highway when I was going to pickup my F-type R last weekend. I think that Corvettes are great cars for the money but I prefer the F-type. One thing about the Corvette is that it has a large fan base. They have Corvette owner clubs in most major cities. I have friends that are members and they seem to be really active.
I'll give you the common comment as it is true. The production numbers are also way higher thus the commonality. The F Type offers more exclusivity if that's what you want. After two years with a Ferrari, exclusivity isn't always what it's cracked up to be. That being said, I love my F Type regardless of exclusiveness. I also like my "common" Corvettes. I'm on number seven.

Sivtec (12-29-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
I have very uncharitable image of a typical Corvette owner. While I appreciate C7 as a very capable sports car, this negative image would detract from enjoyment of ownership.
I'm not sure what gave you such a negative image of Corvette owners. There are tools that drive all kinds of high end cars. I've owned Corvettes since 1985 and I assure you if we ever met you would know I'm a car guy first and foremost. I find it hard to believe you would let what others think of you take away from the enjoyment any car you choose would give you.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:31 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,067 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
Can't even fit my clubs into the Ftype.....
You haven't tried hard enough. My clubs are in the trunk all summer. Woods come out, and go in the trunk first, then my stand bag goes in, no problem. I can even get two stand bags in, and the woods go in the passenger foot well. There's an definite art to getting 2 bags in, though.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
You haven't tried hard enough. My clubs are in the trunk all summer. Woods come out, and go in the trunk first, then my stand bag goes in, no problem. I can even get two stand bags in, and the woods go in the passenger foot well. There's an definite art to getting 2 bags in, though.

Looks like I might have to get a stand bag - and Its kinda annoying taking out the woods lol but Ill give it another shot after I buy a smaller bag....

Or just throw them in the passenger seat which Is likely what Ill do considering I usually go to course alone

Old 12-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I left a C7 for the R. The Jag was better in every way in my opinion. The C7 is an amazing beautiful car but I just like the Jag better. The exhaust note is way better. The interior is nicer (except for the great, inexpensive carbon fiber the vette had). The gearbox is faster (I had a '14 vette, the a8 in '15 was improved). The '16 awd R hold to the ground better on acceleration. The only thing I miss about the vette is the nifty storage compartment behind the infotainment screen...and maybe the targa but even that is borderline.

Sivtec (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by IMMD
I left a C7 for the R. The Jag was better in every way in my opinion. The C7 is an amazing beautiful car but I just like the Jag better. The exhaust note is way better. The interior is nicer (except for the great, inexpensive carbon fiber the vette had). The gearbox is faster (I had a '14 vette, the a8 in '15 was improved). The '16 awd R hold to the ground better on acceleration. The only thing I miss about the vette is the nifty storage compartment behind the infotainment screen...and maybe the targa but even that is borderline.
Good info. One of the few that went to the Jag.