Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   2016 Spoiler J A G U A R letter replacement (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/2016-spoiler-j-g-u-r-letter-replacement-184884/)

Rob Schwartz 07-01-2017 06:13 PM

2016 Spoiler J A G U A R letter replacement

Hi,

The letter on the rear spoiler of my 2016 F Type are falling off. Right now, the J is loose. Anyone know where I can buy these letters so they match? A part number would be great. I guess I needed to get the option where they used better glue.

Thanks

pbad 07-01-2017 06:17 PM

Is there a reason you're not just having it addressed by the dealer? My J was coming loose as well and this is a warranty item they should be taking care of.

ShaunPA 07-01-2017 06:41 PM

My J came off as well. I just ended up removing all of it.

IronMike 07-01-2017 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by ShaunPA (Post 1713432)
My J came off as well. I just ended up removing all of it.

I relocated mine...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...e5cb8f35a1.jpg

Part number T2R23237. Sold as a set.
https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...UtMGwtdjgtZ2Fz

myironlung 07-01-2017 09:27 PM

warranty, see dealer, easy fix

Rob Schwartz 07-02-2017 08:35 AM

Thanks. Sometimes the obvious escapes me. Just never thought it was a warrentee thing and my dealer here is a pain. I'll call them.

They must have defective J's if that's all that came off yours also. Or, maybe it's just a common area where people touch the car. The relocation to below the lift gate looks good. On my car, that's where the license plate goes.

Stohlen 07-02-2017 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Schwartz (Post 1713680)
On my car, that's where the license plate goes.

Its where his license place goes too...

Greggbhill 07-02-2017 08:40 AM

Maybe he has a new sto-n-show for the rear? (that sounds bad out of context)

Rob Schwartz 07-02-2017 08:41 AM

Maybe he lives in a license plate optional place. Where I am, I think the police might object and I'm not built for the prison life.

Stohlen 07-02-2017 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Schwartz (Post 1713688)
Maybe he lives in a license plate optional place. Where I am, I think the police might object and I'm not built for the prison life.

Nope, California just has some dumb rules that lets him skirt by unnoticed. I'm sure the police would object to him as well if they noticed.

ShaunPA 07-02-2017 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Stohlen (Post 1713693)
Nope, California just has some dumb rules that lets him skirt by unnoticed. I'm sure the police would object to him as well if they noticed.

CA gives you 6 months to affix your license plate.

There was a story from 08? that came out about how Steve jobs was able to drive without a license plate that 'exposed' the loophole.

Stohlen 07-02-2017 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ShaunPA (Post 1713704)

They sure do. But that car is much older than 6 months. We've discussed this before with him.

lizzardo 07-02-2017 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ShaunPA (Post 1713704)

That's going to change. People are dodging automated tolls and when revenue is involved politicians do something. Even the paper plates will have numbers pending arrival of the proper plates.

Stohlen 07-02-2017 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by lizzardo (Post 1713728)
That's going to change. People are dodging automated tolls and when revenue is involved politicians do something. Even the paper plates will have numbers pending arrival of the proper plates.

Yup, i imagine millions upon millions of dollars have been lost already due to toll dodging. I mean if you think about it, there really is no good reason to have no plate. Everyone who doesn't use one for years upon years is really just trying to get away with breaking the law in some respect, even if its minor.

Buckingham 07-03-2017 01:37 PM

Six weeks in CA. For me it's been 18 years and never a ticket. And it would only be a $25 fixit ticket, no points. I have several supercar buddies. They pay $5000 to join the 11-13 club which is the CHP widows and orphans fund. They get two license plate holders and an ID card. They use no plates except maybe a McLaren or Lamborghini plate. Never get tickets from the CHP.

Stohlen 07-03-2017 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Buckingham (Post 1714339)
Six weeks in CA. For me it's been 18 years and never a ticket. And it would only be a $25 fixit ticket, no points. I have several supercar buddies. They pay $5000 to join the 11-13 club which is the CHP widows and orphans fund. They get two license plate holders and an ID card. They use no plates except maybe a McLaren or Lamborghini plate. Never get tickets from the CHP.

And why do they do this? To avoid tolls and drive recklessly without as much risk of being caught/reported. I'll say it again... there is no good reason to drive without a plate. "It looks better without it" isn't a valid excuse.

IronMike 07-03-2017 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen (Post 1714511)
And why do they do this? To avoid tolls and drive recklessly without as much risk of being caught/reported. I'll say it again... there is no good reason to drive without a plate. "It looks better without it" isn't a valid excuse.

:icon_deadhorse:
Hey Stohlen, I bet you exceed the speed limit every time you leave your driveway. What justification or valid excuse do you have for such illicit behavior... EXCESS SPEED: a vehicle code violation that is far more dangerous - It KILLS - than not having a plate, which by the way, is completely harmless to anyone else on the road.

I have run with no plates, front or rear, for 18 years now. I have a toll road transponder so I'm not avoiding tolls, I don't run Red lights, nor do I rob banks... Nothing more than VANITY, and a little harmless fun, which I do because I CAN!!! That and because I get a huge kick out of the reaction people have (such as you) that can't believe some raging idiot like me is able to do so and get away with it.

Apparently, California law enforcement does not put a high priority on monitoring this issue. Every few years, I get tagged... In California, its a $25 Fix-It Ticket. I wait a few weeks for the paperwork from the court to arrive, put the legal plates on, drive through the local police station half a mile from my house, get my papers signed, put the Vanity Plate back on before I leave the station.

The mystery, intrigue and euphoria of it all is well worth the $25 every few years.
I sense a strong air of envy coming from your side of the keyboard.

Remind me again... what is your excuse for exceeding the speed limit on a daily basis?

jaguny 07-04-2017 06:29 AM

Law not withwithstanding, it looks good in that location.

Mbourne 07-04-2017 03:03 PM

What was the topic of this thread originally? :icon_rolleyes:

BostonKiller 07-04-2017 03:26 PM

J left me too...instead of paying $35 for the new letter set, I did this:https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...79d6803290.jpg