F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 F Type R - exterior/interior Color Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2017 F Type R - exterior/interior Color Advice?

Hi,

Merry Christmas!

I am getting my 2017 F TYPE - R, I was very sure for black berry exterior colour with Performance Seat Red Leather package on special order, but over the weekend am getting confuse after seeing pictures of Glacier white exterior.

I would really appreciate if you guys can give some input on the color before my dealer calls me on tuesday to finalize the list, I find that the curves/body of this car looks more beautiful in lighter colour like glacier white, and with red leather performance pack, it would look stunning.

I am also thinking, if I get glacier white, then I will put carbon side mirrors, carbon bonnet louvers, and carbon side power vent, to give it more black/white look, just like this SVR in the video..... but with blackberry colour, it's not an option.

And also has anyone seen performance red interior in person and sat in the car for long hours? it looks really good in first glance for few hours, but hope the eyes won't get tired seeing that much red all the time, if you driving 1-2 hours a day (as i will be taking this car to work).

Old 12-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

You should pick what YOU like. That said, most people on here like Polaris/Bright white vs the Glacier white. For me, all red interior is too much but that is me only.

The black leather seats with the red centers - I like the seat back red however the seat bottom somehow looks cheap to me in red, so a no-go on both. Go figure - like I said - all personal taste.

Polaris white w/ black interior (all black) and black pack/accents wheels is my favorite as well as Salsa. Close second is silver ext.

The following users liked this post:
drunkhead (12-26-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I went with rhodium silver with black on my 2016. I originally wanted triple black but once I saw the silver in the sunlight my mind was made up. The silver is stunning in the sunlight.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 F Type R - exterior/interior Color Advice?-jag-pp1.jpg  
drunkhead (12-26-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Stay with the Black Berry and Red interior. Too many white ones out there too common. Spring for the CC brakes, I know way expensive, but way way nicer. Here is that exact spec, quite rare I would expect. But just about perfect. Merry Christmas!

The following 2 users liked this post by SoCalJagS:
drunkhead (12-26-2016), F12guy (12-27-2016)
Old 12-26-2016, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Hmmm, hard choice. In my view the colour that shows off the curves the best is silver, with black pack. But white looks great too. Black looks better when the car is on with the lights giving it some definition.

I went IRR with black pack, which I think would have to be one of the most attention getting colours, but it is going to look awesome in any colour.

For the interior, whatever floats your boat. My wife wouldnt cop all red - the black is nice, with dark hex or cf.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 F Type R - exterior/interior Color Advice?-20161226_115000.jpg  

Last edited by BruceTheQuail; 12-26-2016 at 12:17 AM.
drunkhead (12-26-2016)
Old 12-26-2016, 12:23 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a R with Blackberry exterior and the black suede interior. I really wanted the suede interior and I think it stands apart from any of the other options. Like you, I think red interiors are beautiful to look at in the showroom, but I would grow tired being immersed in it for hours at a time.

For what it's worth....my heart was set on Italian Racing Red with the black pack, but the deal I was offered on the Blackberry was too good to pass up. Every person that sees the car and comments on it though, absolutely loves the color, and it's quite rare to see another one.

drunkhead (12-26-2016)
Old 12-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

trending: ask 6 people, get 9 different opinions.

One more: your first choice is always the right one for you.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:34 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I agree with Unhinged, only you know what pleases you. What pleases someone else is no way to pick colors. Probably why not all cars are white with black interiors.

Larry

Old 12-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

See them all in person if possible - may have to visit multiple dealers but photos never do justice.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

My initial impulse was to get white with red/black interior. I ended up with black/black F Type R, and while extremely happy I will (grudgingly) admit that black does take away something. White is probably ideal, along with grey in my eyes. If I were to get an SVR, I'd also get the Carbon Pack - contrast is a must! Either way, enjoy!

Old 12-26-2016, 12:09 PM
Received 294 Likes on 164 Posts

When ordering my V6S AWD the hardest things were the colour and the wheels.
I initially wanted Polar White with black everything, I'd seen one in a dealers.
Then at another dealers I saw this Ammonite R. The pano roof just fell in with the colour and I was hooked.
Name:  3f92b475942b856ef065a5d906697e7d_zpspn1fqohk.jpg
Views: 4674
Size:  546.3 KB
Still unsure though I went on a factory tour with one of the aims being to see as many colours/wheels and options as I could. There was a black R outside with a red interior which looked stunning but I did wonder if I'd tire of the interior.
During the tour I was convinced that the "Aston Martin Look" of Ammonite and black interior was for me, so I've gone for that with Tornado wheels.
But as has been said it's your choice and it ain't easy. They are all gorgeous though

Burt Gummer (12-26-2016)
Old 12-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Some Int/Ext colour and wheel combos I detest, some are simply eye candy. The F-Type wears them all pretty well as it's a damn attractive car.
The only person that the colour choice should matter to though....is YOU!

Don't let others sway your choice, it'll add to the confusion.......like I did!

I wanted Rhodium Silver with Camel...wife wanted IRR with Jet/red seats...yep, she won. Have to agree she was most probably right as she said grey/silver is for 'old' people ;-)

Last edited by Tel; 12-26-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Can't say which exterior choice is better looking, as I personally like irr best and agree that silver best displays the cars curves. I do think that white is too common though, both in the f type as well as in a general sense, so if exclusivity is important to you you may want to choose another color.

If you decide that the red interior is a bit too much red, I highly recommend the red/black performance seats. It's a good compromise imo.

F12guy (12-28-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

I went with Italian Racing Red, I love the color and have received a lot of compliments on it in the few days that I've owned it. My wife even likes it and she was against the color until she saw it in person. The other color that I like is Ammonite Grey. I probably would have went with that over IRR because it shows the lines better but I'm happy with IRR.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

I had decided any colour as long as it wasn't black with black wheels and black everything else. Had looked at some new white ones in the coupe as I felt they showed the rear lights better than red/IRR. Almost got a BRG until the dealer did a dirty and sold it out from under at the 11th hour. Ended up with a Rhodium silver which seems a shade darker than the liquid silver of my departed XFR. Hadn't really considered how many white ones are out there but now I come to think of it.....

As to the interior, on the XFR I had the two tone red/charcoal leather but a jet dash and door cards. I think the red seats and red dash would have been too much for me. So I have the jet interior performance seats with the red stitching. Very happy.

Probably even happier than the BRG which had the saddle brown performance seats. I've seen the lighter caramel (camel?) colour and I wasn't a big fan.

But as everybody says, it's your car, you choose what makes you happiest. For me 90% of the grin comes from the car itself, the colour is icing on the cake so to speak.

Burt Gummer (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I agree. The car itself - the core of what it is - carries any color. There really are not any ugly colors or one that I'd say were deal breakers.

The F-Type is so nice it really does make WHITE look great; most cars cannot.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

Is black berry similar to the black cherry Jag offered on their last generation of cars - a metalic black with red flakes? It looks like it from SoCal's video link; maybe a bit richer in the flakes. Black cherry is really beautiful in full sunshine with so much depth it feels like you could put your hand into it.

White does look good on the F-Type (there is a reason all the early press photos where white) because it highlights the shape more easily in all lighting conditions. That does mean there are more of them around.

You need to be careful with exterior colours if specifying the CCM brake system as the bright yellow contrasts oddly with some. Blacks, greys and whites work well, but others like the reds and greens look odd with the yellows. (You could get the calipers professionally repainted to overcome that.)

I'm not a fan of red interiors as I find them too in your face. A cabin interior should be completely invisible to you when driving and not distracting with bright colours. Many red interiors are two-tone with a black dash and other eye-level trim to avoid that, which IMO makes them look unfinished. SoCal's video shows that. A black interior with red stitching looks far more subtle to me, and if you do opt for black berry then it would match well. On a white car black with white stitching works well but was a custom option on the earlier cars and may still be (adds about £2k to request it).

Unhinged gives you the best answer though - your car, your choice. Look at both options and choose the one you like the look of more. Better yet buy both and give me the one you don't want to keep.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I would post pics of my 5 month old AWD S in British Racing Green/tan. For me,this color combo was awesome,especially on a sunny day.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 F Type R - exterior/interior Color Advice?-img_1929.jpg   2017 F Type R - exterior/interior Color Advice?-img_0136.jpg   2017 F Type R - exterior/interior Color Advice?-img_0134.jpg  
Old 12-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Rjscharer
For me,this color combo was awesome,especially on a sunny day.
I am similarly prejudiced.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:47 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have yet to see another Dark Sapphire like mine on the road. The metallic finish (to me) makes the car feel exotic.

I do love the ultra blue on the British Design editions.