F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 F-Type R Tuned +100 HP

Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
So there's no before-tune dyno number to compare with?
Currently flashing to stock. So we can compare..stay tuned.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Great!

Old 03-20-2017, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shikatsu
I'm really curious about the results since I'm also from Irvine. I may have some questions for you after you post the results. =)
For sure my man. I'll post the results once we're done with the dyno test.

The following users liked this post:
davetibbs (11-08-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM

Still running..

Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 409 Posts

I assume since you were on the hoist they had to pull the front driveshaft? Not a linked dyno. Interested to see how that effects things.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I assume since you were on the hoist they had to pull the front driveshaft? Not a linked dyno. Interested to see how that effects things.
****, that hopefully was an alignment and not pulling the front driveshaft. We shall see, I'm kinda with you on this one...

Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 PM

Hey guys,

Just a quick post, after doing 7 pulls we're having unhealthy reading on STOCK tune. GSR's team figured that we need to change the spark plugs because it happened to one of the F Type R as well and they fixed it by changing it.

By the way my car is brand new..so probably we have bad spark plugs from the factory?

Reading was based on power dipping at 6000 rpm and suddenly pulling back up. I'll post again once we fix this problem. I'm already getting a quote to get the spark plugs replace. Hopefully they can do it this week.

Thank you all!

Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JVIII
Hey guys,

Just a quick post, after doing 7 pulls we're having unhealthy reading on STOCK tune. GSR's team figured that we need to change the spark plugs because it happened to one of the F Type R as well and they fixed it by changing it.

By the way my car is brand new..so probably we have bad spark plugs from the factory?

Reading was based on power dipping at 6000 rpm and suddenly pulling back up. I'll post again once we fix this problem. I'm already getting a quote to get the spark plugs replace. Hopefully they can do it this week.

Thank you all!
oh no brother...Just make sure its spark plugs and nothing more. Can't wait to see these numbers. I'm ready to eat some humble pie from my earlier comments

Old 03-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Ahh you're at Lang Racing in Irvine/Lake Forest. My office is a couple of miles away. Woul have loved to see this in action. Lang runs a well put together shop

Old 03-20-2017, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Ahh you're at Lang Racing in Irvine/Lake Forest. My office is a couple of miles away. Woul have loved to see this in action. Lang runs a well put together shop
Yes, we did it at Lang. They're the ones who's going to replace the spark plug or Boden Autohaus.

I'll let you know when's the next dyno

Old 03-20-2017, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Prophizee
oh no brother...Just make sure its spark plugs and nothing more. Can't wait to see these numbers. I'm ready to eat some humble pie from my earlier comments
Can't wait to see the final output too! Of course, once we fixed this problem.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

I'm already getting a quote to get the spark plugs replace.
Bad plugs should be under warranty. They're designed these days to last 100k on modern cars.

jaguny (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Bad plugs should be under warranty. They're designed these days to last 100k on modern cars.
Not unless you can find me a way on how to ask them without them doubting why I specifically asked for a spark plug replacement?

Old 03-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Received 821 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by abstruse1
I looked at the Velocity Website and, as I understand their graphs for their reflash kit, you give up a LOT of lower RPM power (hence torque) to get their advertised max HP gain. Sounds like a bad deal to me, unless the car is a track car (maybe even a bad deal t hen).

Am I missing something?
I think you're missing something. You don't lose any lower RPM torque or HP to achieve any of our gains. I'm not even sure what a tuner would be able to do in order to 'lose' low end HP/Torque. It's not exactly a packet of cigarettes, not going to fall down the back of the couch!

The only way you would lose low end torque or HP on these cars is if you went in and de-tuned the car in that RPM range.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 03-21-2017, 10:36 AM

Hey guys,

Thank you all!
It's not your plugs. If you did 7 pulls on the dyno then you are most likely hitting catalyst over-temp protection mode and the car is either dumping fuel, or pulling timing to get the EGT's down.

These cars are extremely sensitive to cat temps, even 2 pulls in consecutive order without adequate time in between will tip them into protection mode. You need a lot of airflow (I don't see a big fan there, but I'm sure you have something set up there?) and if you can get a couple of fans pointed at the cats as well that will help.

Interestingly, having seen a few 'VMax' tunes from people who switched over to our stuff, one of the most concerning things was the fact that some of the protection mode maps had been edited to lean out the AFR. My guess is that the tuner was running the car on the dyno and seeing rich mixtures and editing the tables thinking they were the optimum fuel strategy, when in fact the car was just too hot and they were editing the safe mode tables.

We are well into the 100's of tunes for these and the V6 engines, multiple dyno sessions and I've yet to see a set of plugs go bad as a result. I would monitor your cat temps and allow more time between runs, before you go changing them.

www.velocityap.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
DJS (03-21-2017), Mpowerr (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM

Also, to the OP - see you joined recently. Welcome to the forum, it's a really good crew here, and your car looks fantastic. Congrats!

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"if you can get a couple of fans pointed at the cats as well that will help."

Stuart,

Isn't the cat temperature calculated rather than measured? I am less familiar with Ford/Jag, but that is typical from what I have seen.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Just curious....a brand new car with no run in period...multiple engine stressing dyno runs. I"m no expert, but this does not sound like a healthy thing for the engine.
CRS

ralphwg (07-02-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CRS 123
Just curious....a brand new car with no run in period...multiple engine stressing dyno runs. I"m no expert, but this does not sound like a healthy thing for the engine.
CRS
I think the whole thing is a little weird but OP seems very determines so hats off to him.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by CRS 123
CRS
I daily drive the car so I already have 1700 miles..don't know what are you pertaining about the "run in period"?

Search this Thread