F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

770 Meridian Sound System - Speaker Question

Old 07-30-2016, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I passed on pistols info to my service advisor. Spoke to him on Tuesday...he said that my amp had already been replaced...but I stressed the software reboot. I received a soft response that he would like into it with his service tech. I have been playing my system on stereo almost exclusively to avoid the issues. I'll update when I here something further.

The following users liked this post:
FeralSVR (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pistol
I worked with the Jaguar CRC Supervisor, see Stacey's direct contact number in my earlier post - did you already contact her?

I didn't pay anything out of pocket. I initially had a case with CRC, the rep there was most unhelpful, and ultimately Jaguar tried to close it saying there's no issue according to the dealer. I pushed back and got to the supervisor in question, and involved the General Manager at the dealership too, and across a few months and multiple trips to the dealer insisted on the speaker issue. In particular I wanted the FSE to come in and take a look personally instead of the dealership that brushed it off and wasn't qualified.

Basically by now the whole dealership knows me It certainly didn't help that I did not buy the car from them, as they were a pain to work with and had nowhere near as good a deal as elsewhere.
Hey Pistol -- do you know Stacey's email address? Thanks

Old 07-31-2016, 03:37 AM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cman32
They don't give out direct emails unfortunately. However in the past on several occasions when she asked me for additional information, I had emailed jagweb1@jaguarlandrover.com, and someone in CRC will pass along that email to Stacey. The phone number however is a direct line to her - please try that one, and let us know how it goes!

Old 07-31-2016, 09:31 AM
Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by cman32
Cman32,

If you can send me a PM I will give you the email information for the JLR Customer Care Director who can help you...

pistol (08-01-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Update on Tweeter Buzzing Issue

Hello, back again after following this thread for several pages/months.

I just got my car back from JLR North Scottsdale, and it looks like this time they did get the tweeter buzzing issue to go away almost completely. JLR CRC really helped me to get the dealer to listen and take it back to the shop, so big thanks to them. Apparently a FSE worked on it but all I know is they replaced the amp.

Even after having 2 issues fixed related to the sound quality, my satisfaction with the audio system is still pretty low. 3/5 tops for 2 reasons.

1. It seems impossible to get a good mid bass frequency out of it, which sucks because I listen to dance music and hip hop mostly.
2. Build quality of the interior makes rattling still when the sub is turned up.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

My dealer responded to me after sending Pistols info that there is nothing further they can do as JLR has not issued any more directives. I am curious as to what directive allowed them to replace my amp? The service advisor did say he would bring it up with rep when he visits (once a month). Seems like I need to contact Pistols CRC.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
My dealer responded to me after sending Pistols info that there is nothing further they can do as JLR has not issued any more directives. I am curious as to what directive allowed them to replace my amp? The service advisor did say he would bring it up with rep when he visits (once a month). Seems like I need to contact Pistols CRC.
The contact that you reference is the only way to go. Leaving it up to individual dealers, who don't have the ability, but more importantly lack the "WILLINGNESS" to sort this out for a customer is what infuriates me for those with the problem. My dealership was helpful, willing, and sorted things out on my 15 for me, with me and JLRNA. However on the sales side they were a complete joke! I therefor buy elsewhere and service there. It is that simple. Try, move to a new dealership with the belly to work with you, for you and possibly earn your next sale, and it will be a happier experience. Good luck!

jaguny (08-23-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Good afternoon Jaguny,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns, and will be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

In order for me to do so, please do not hesitate to PM me with your vehicle details, including a contact number and email address.

Many thanks,
Amellia

FeralSVR (08-23-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I recently rode in my wife's SL and was reminded of just how much better the sound system is in that car.

The following 2 users liked this post by SinF:
MaximA (08-25-2016), pistol (08-24-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Major disappointment on my 2017 base F Type is the Audio sound quality. The speakers rattle with any hint of moderate bass. And verything in mid level! Not that it sounds great to begin with without the rattles its just annoying this has been an issue for the f type since day one.

MaximA (08-25-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Niterider ....

Originally Posted by NiteriderSC
Major disappointment on my 2017 base F Type is the Audio sound quality. The speakers rattle with any hint of moderate bass. And verything in mid level! Not that it sounds great to begin with without the rattles its just annoying this has been an issue for the f type since day one.
I'm sorry to read about your post. I took delivery of my "ordered" 2017 F Type R coupe about a month ago.
I have zero issues with the cars audio system. Until I saw your post, I thought either I got very lucky with the cars audio system or I thought Jaguar finally did whatever required to install a proper audio system , as they know what the problem is with the speakers and head unit.
I guess I just got lucky and Jaguar HAS NOT corrected this problem for new production cars. Shame.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteriderSC
Good afternoon NiteriderSC,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your comments regarding disappointment with your Jaguar F-Type.

I will be happy to look into your concerns, in order for me to do so, please do not hesitate to provide your vehicle and contact details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia

FeralSVR (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Message to Jaguar North America

Originally Posted by CRC@Jaguar
Good afternoon NiteriderSC,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your comments regarding disappointment with your Jaguar F-Type.

I will be happy to look into your concerns, in order for me to do so, please do not hesitate to provide your vehicle and contact details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia

I have a 2017 model car which was an order vehicle. The cost of the car is approx $113,000 dollars . It's a known fact, that this car has a major flaw/problem with the car audio system. If you check the Jaguar message board forum, you can read countless posts of complaints about the F Type defective audio system. The Jaguar dealers dont know what to do to resolve the problem and this issue falls on deaf ears at Jaguar North America . My point being, having spent a good amount of money for a high end car, one should have an expectation of having a good operational car audio system but that isn't the case here. I myself somehow dodged the car audio problem bullet. My audio system is fine. I write this in support of my fellow F TYPE owners, having a defective car audio system and Jaguar REFUSES to acknowledge the problem. To me, this is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT ! It appears as though Jaguar North America could care less about the owners with problems pertaining to the car audio system. Jaguar you are essentially turning off your customers. Why do this ???
Thank you.

Last edited by Ubad2; 08-23-2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Photos
jaguny (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ubad2
I have a 2017 model car which was an order vehicle. The cost of the car is approx $113,000 dollars . It's a known fact, that this car has a major flaw/problem with the car audio system. If you check the Jaguar message board forum, you can read countless posts of complaints about the F Type defective audio system. The Jaguar dealers dont know what to do to resolve the problem and this issue falls on deaf ears at Jaguar North America . My point being, having spent a good amount of money for a high end car, one should have an expectation of having a good operational car audio system but that isn't the case here. I myself somehow dodged the car audio problem bullet. My audio system is fine. I write this in support of my fellow F TYPE owners, having a defective car audio system and Jaguar REFUSES to acknowledge the problem. To me, this is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT ! It appears as though Jaguar North America could care less about the owners with problems pertaining to the car audio system. Jaguar you are essentially turning off your customers. Why do this ???
Thank you.
When I went to my dealer, I tried a 2017 on the lot and reproduced the same issue my 2016 had. Chances are you have the same exact audio problem I did. The good news is that there is a fix after all the hassle. The bad news is that you still need to push them to listen. I recommend starting with the same Jaguar CRC I used.

The folks here who report a great audio, most likely have an AAM (audio amp module) that does NOT have the faulty calibration. It's just software.

You will need to convince them to find a good AAM from another car, and put it into yours, and then NOT try to calibrate it in your car. That's the workaround and fix so far. The audio system for me now is much better than the crappy original experience. It's good now, but definitely not great. As the speakers might not buzz/rattle, the rest of the cabin and interior can and will in various conditions. That's a whole different issue though.

Last edited by pistol; 08-24-2016 at 02:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pistol:
FeralSVR (08-24-2016), jaguny (08-24-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I just had my F type R in for a quick visit to the dealer; I was investigating the best set up for parts and location for an 'oil can' installation.

As well, the master mechanic took the under engine plastic sheet off for me as I don't have a lift.
Anyway..

He said he recently received a stereo software update (mine is the 770) and he said it redirected some of the base etc. to more appropriate speakers.. although my system has generally been fine, we gave it a try.

The result is that although it plugs more sound into the center speaker than I was used to... overall, its much better.. base is more solid and its difficult to get the speakers to rattle. My speakers had not been much of a problem unless I really pushed them, but now it really is quite good.

If you are having issues, you should consider calling your dealer and ask about the recent upgrade.
Lawrence.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mulmur:
FeralSVR (08-25-2016), jaguny (08-26-2016), Mbourne (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

do you have a copy of your service record for this visit? Can you post details on what updates they referenced in the documentation?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
do you have a copy of your service record for this visit? Can you post details on what updates they referenced in the documentation?
Sorry, they did everything for me without charge.. I've bought a number of cars from them so they took care of these minor things and the stereo fix was warranty. As well, they inconvenienced me when I picked up my new XE sport, so they wanted to make up for it.

I will contact him tomorrow and ask for a reference and let you know.
Lawrence

FeralSVR (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

I'm a huge audiophile so I never expect a stock sound system to sound good but my XKR's was slightly above average, if you took the time to adjust it. It was perfectly fine for a stock system I really couldn’t complain and was happy with it. I understand the bean counters have to save money, but either they just paid for the Meridian label or the guys are Meridian just threw some leftover parts in and called it a day.

OK I didn't believe it could be this bad in the F-type, but after taking delivery of my SVR last week I wish it would have come with a radio delete. This is honestly the worst sound system I have ever heard in my life, and I'm not remotely joking. The balance is horrible, speakers muddy, have zero presence and staging can't compete with iPhone earbuds, which also sound like garbage. The speakers sound like old sun cooked 6x9s in a 80's Ford Fairmont. This is 150K car and my 100K 2013 XKR sounded much better.

I'm not getting rattles just the worst sound system on the planet.. Literally it's that awful! I installed competition sound systems)not SPL) on my early 20s and this sound system is insulting, just offer a delete so save weight. I can't find a setting that is even tolerable for more than 5 minutes. There is no update to fix this, it's just a bunch of extremely cheap speakers, and I know then when I hear them. I doubt if a crossover is even being used to limit frequencies to certain speakers. I'm just bathing in muddy over boosted mud, sound no matter what the source, and no not blue tooth streaming as I refuse to use it, as I can't even listen to lossy formats such MP3s due to the extreme compression. Even then MP3s sounded fine in the XKR if I had to use my IPhone.

There is nothing short of at least aftermarket speakers, a decent amp and proper crossover to make it tolerable. It sounds over driven, horribly Equalized with "Cabin Correction" developed for the JV football teams Blue Bird school bus.

It's embarrassing to even turn on, a friend of mine who is not at all into audio even said it sounded horrible and he loves IPhone ear buds...

I freaking love the car it's amazing, but my mom's 2007 Nissan sounds better, my 2009 Range Rover is even great compared to this.

So sorry anyone has even had to listen to this system, and sorry for ranting but this thread made steam come out of my ears.. It needs to be replaced but I don't want anyone taking my interior apart either. I thought I finally bought a car that was “complete”, it is if you don’t turn on the sound system.

I’m sorry but Jaguar has to refund customers money for the system or pay to have it replaced. It’s crap not better way to put it.

I’m now stepping off the soap box and hoping it sounds better when I pick it up from the detailer.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member

Maxima, welcome to the f type club, but sorry to hear JLR hasn't addressed this issue still. As said in many posts, my XF B&W system was terrific. Can't understand this lunacy into the 17 model year,.

MaximA (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 05:41 AM

Maxima, can you try asking your dealer for the AAM sound calibration workaround, or supposedly new software fix already out as mentioned by Mulmur?

The following 2 users liked this post by pistol:
FeralSVR (08-26-2016), MaximA (08-26-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 770 Meridian Sound System - Speaker Question