F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Old 05-07-2018, 01:13 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

And the seat warmers help with the hotness...

Old 05-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Atlanta 'Cougar' bars.

Originally Posted by PBBarb
Ha! I hadn't even made that connection yet My husband does joke about me being a cougar - there's a local bar here known for cougars and it's a fun place and a friend and I went one night and an elderly gentleman (70s?) was hitting on her and the guy who was hitting on me finally announced he was 24 and she blurted out that was her son's age and made me feel vaguely creepy. I'm not a very good cougar I guess.
I'm originally from the Atlanta area and occasionally go back to visit daughter and family. I enjoy going to some of the area 'haunts with my wife to watch the action and see the ladies as well as the men working the floor. What would you call the old guys, leopards, or prowlers.
Getting off subject here, I think.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Magical
I had to do it !
Was having diner at and outside table of a restaurant on a very popular street - extremely touristy. I was sitting about 20 foot from the car with the remote opener in my pocket.

As the tourists walked by, some would have their wives/girlfriends stand next to the car for photo's. When they touched their butts to the hood or were just too close, I would reach into my pocket click the door open ( mirrors would open along with the headlights) shocking the unsuspecting tourists thinking the car was alive or someone was in it. After they jumped, they would peek in the windows looking for a driver. Again, I would click the remote ( mirrors close-lights off) and the result was jumping and vacating. Most muttered in a different language and finally left. Facial expressions were priceless, but I spilled my wine chuckling.
You should download the cellphone app & crank her up remotely... next time. LOL

The following users liked this post:
Magical (05-15-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
I'm originally from the Atlanta area and occasionally go back to visit daughter and family. I enjoy going to some of the area 'haunts with my wife to watch the action and see the ladies as well as the men working the floor. What would you call the old guys, leopards, or prowlers.
Getting off subject here, I think.
Ha! Depends on how creepy they are? I was just assured last night by the bartender I gave my number to when I got drunk that I'm not creepy so I have that going for me. Next time y'all are here, let me know and maybe we can meet at Johnny's or even the Claremont! My friends took me there for my 40th birthday and Blondie herself groped me and offered me a job (I couldn't decide if I should be flattered or insulted). If they are older gentlemen, that's how I think of them, but I just looked and apparently the term is rhino, although another suggestion is silver fox. Of course if they are the creepy type, then just dirty old man.

Seriously though, if y'all are in town, let me know and I'd be happy to get out of my house. Most of my local friends are much younger and now that they've all had kids, I rarely see them.

See, I'm terrific at threadjacks!

ndabunka (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Parked my car at our closest university car park before teaching my law class. While teaching, the car was surrounded by all sorts of students. When I got back, two girls dared to step up and call it a “lovely car”. I replied that Jaguar is the only brand saving us from all those bland Audi, BMW and Mercedes company cars. They nodded as if understood. Wise students.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fleer:
Dan_NL (05-09-2018), J444G (09-24-2021)
Old 05-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,583 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Fleer
Parked my car at our closest university car park before teaching my law class. While teaching, the car was surrounded by all sorts of students. When I got back, two girls dared to step up and call it a “lovely car”. I replied that Jaguar is the only brand saving us from all those bland Audi, BMW and Mercedes company cars. They nodded as if understood. Wise students.
Still, you gave them an "F". Put another way: Type, not Tort.

Awd (11-06-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Last Sat night I drove to Amity OR and, like most tiny towns, that is where a decent car really stands out. Lots of questions and stares.

One guy asked me if I drive it in harsh weather and I said no, not really. So of course that night the most brutal lightning storm I've ever seen with the hardest rain.

Leaving the little 'hotel' the same guy spots me and yells 'get that thing to a car wash ASAP!' (as if).

So lucky there wasn't any huge hail stones.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Still, you gave them an "F". Put another way: Type, not Tort.
Good point!

Old 05-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Last Sat night I drove to Amity OR and, like most tiny towns, that is where a decent car really stands out. Lots of questions and stares.

One guy asked me if I drive it in harsh weather and I said no, not really. So of course that night the most brutal lightning storm I've ever seen with the hardest rain.

Leaving the little 'hotel' the same guy spots me and yells 'get that thing to a car wash ASAP!' (as if).

So lucky there wasn't any huge hail stones.
Monsieur Gummer!

My pop grew up in Dayton, Oregon. He won honorable mention in a duck calling contest in the town square, and won a screen door, sometime in the early 60s. Funny to think he was picking beans for 3 pennies a pound on the most fertile wine soil on the planet. LOL He used to take his car to the drag strip in McMinnville each weekend and blow up his clutch. Rebuild it during the week, aaaaaand... repeat. =)

I take coastal drives up to work at our hotel, sometimes, in Willamette Valley. I will make sure to bother you for a wonderful drive around wine country for some responsible wine tasting, or a lunch at our restaurant. The hotel is The Allison, if you've heard of it. It's a place that would marry well to an F-Type. Ignore the complimentary Lexus available for guests, of course. The predator face grills will weep in silence as they sit alongside your vehicle that will undoubtedly be given priority parking.

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
Burt Gummer (05-10-2018), dmchao (05-17-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 196 Posts

@Uncle Fishbits. You must be devestated at the idea of retirement.. ..no more scenic drives to work.. .. no more wine tastings under working hours.. .. a nightmare..

Old 05-09-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
@Uncle Fishbits. You must be devestated at the idea of retirement.. ..no more scenic drives to work.. .. no more wine tastings under working hours.. .. a nightmare..
If that were part of my work, I wouldn't bother retiring!

Old 05-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PBBarb
Ha! Depends on how creepy they are?
Definitely NOT creepy...but I have been called other names.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by green_hornet
Definitely NOT creepy...but I have been called other names.
Oh, I've been called many names myself so I understand!

I don't know if the sunlight was hitting the car differently today or what, but while I do get more looks in this car, lots of smiles and stares, today was a banner day. First the guy in one of the 5 new Mustangs in the parking deck - after he stole my spot that I've been parking in for 3 years - stopped his phone conversation long enough to say beautiful car, which made me stop muttering under my breath long enough to say thank you. Then at lunch I went out and got to the gym where my physical therapist works and one of the guys came over to talk to me about it (they've all been asking her about it after I leave anyway and she's told me that). Turns out he's a retired NFL player and he was like a little kid asking about my car and I told him if he can find a spot where we can open the car up, I'll take him out in her one day. Then I had a couple of guys in a car next to me at a red light asking me questions, then two guys in the parking deck stopped to just watch me drive by.

I know it's the car, not me, but still makes me smile.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member

@PBBarb.

So you DO need a 'hotseat' for a toy boy my dear..

Old 05-09-2018, 02:16 PM

@PBBarb.

So you DO need a 'hotseat' for a toy boy my dear..
Apparently I do! Even though he's "retired," he's probably still well my junior so we'll go with that!

Old 05-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

My pop just read a book about retirement, and he was perplexed because it helped him realize he'll never retire. If anything, you just morph... start doing more of the work you love, and go to less of the meetings you hate. I really do love what I do, so outside of the writing or some random career change, I am happy to suffer the drives and fermented fruits. =)

Old 05-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool My Experiences

Two reactions come to mine:
1) Was at Kona Grill at a local mall on a first date. There was a super hot redhead on a date also there. After walking my date to her car, I was leaving in the F-Type with the top down when I came to a crosswalk. The redhead was walking across with her date. When she saw me, she let go of him and started walking over to me. He had to quickly grab her and pull her away. I just smiled as drove past .

2) Was on my way to the first date's house several dates later when I got caught up in some traffic. Two men who could be mistaken for being a bit ghetto were in a car next to me. One of them yelled out "Damn, who's pimp are you?"

That's been my favorite experiences.

The following 2 users liked this post by dws009:
baldguy (11-06-2018), Magical (05-15-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
You should download the cellphone app & crank her up remotely... next time. LOL
Good Idea ! lol Did not know about the cell app....have to look it up including the incontrol
Thank You

ndabunka (05-11-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 04:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

So I stop for a quick coffee to go at a small coffee shop in our dowtown, and I park curbside in front. When I come out, guy shouts from sidewalk in front of next building over:

Hey, what are you doing with my car!

Me: I'm just borrowing it for awhile.

Him: Well make sure you bring it back washed and waxed!

Old 05-17-2018, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
So I stop for a quick coffee to go at a small coffee shop in our dowtown, and I park curbside in front. When I come out, guy shouts from sidewalk in front of next building over:

Hey, what are you doing with my car!

Me: I'm just borrowing it for awhile.

Him: Well make sure you bring it back washed and waxed!
I live in a 'nick-in-the-woods' , away from major towns and cities. Not too long ago a 'state-of-the-art' carwash opened. But they also have spots to wash your car with pressure and gels and stuff...

Thing is : you put your money in and press whatever you want to do on a stack of buttons. First time I didn't have a clue as there are 3 guns ; what product comes out where..

The machine spits out what you choose, but time keeps on running and even pushing "stop" let it run on..

Now I used it on all three cars, I brought my expense down from € 4,- to € 2,- on a car, and I just thought up a plan to take it to € 1,50.. Harmless prank for 'beating-the-system'...

Sofar I managed to put insect desolvant on the front window, wheel cleanant and a full coat of foam on the car for € 0,50 .... Tuff part was cleaning it as the foam doesn't com off easily..

Turns out if I do not rinse it, but spray it with wax with the foam on, after that the foams comes off really quick... ... every day one learns..

Last edited by Dan_NL; 05-17-2018 at 04:17 AM. Reason: clarify wording

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?