Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Any funny bystander reactions to share? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/any-funny-bystander-reactions-share-147352/)

99Gsp 08-01-2015 04:58 PM

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Today on my second day of ownership, I ran some errands. Coming to a crosswalk I yielded for a group of pedestrians. Two older guys stopped dead in the middle and I could see the one asking the other "what is that?" The other guy mouthed "it's a jaguar." The crowd flow finally got them moving.

Later I yielded while making a left to two guys walking across the street in a crosswalk. The guy slightly behind turned to look when he heard my engine. He walked up the back of the other guy almost tripping him.. Once again I could read the lips "it's a jaguar."

Almost calls for a dash cam.

F-typical 08-03-2015 01:54 PM

Guys dropping the shopping while the girlfriend rolls her eyes? Yes...

F-typical 08-03-2015 01:56 PM

Plus: my girlfriend is going to get me fined for speeding as she tends to cackle rather than cringe when I wind it up.

Mulmur 08-03-2015 02:12 PM

Guys tend to drive like goofs around me when I'm in the Jag.. When in a parking lot etc.. I tend to get lots of looks, and it seems to be more the ladies that will say things like.. 'really nice car' and so forth.
Lawrence.

uncheel 08-03-2015 02:24 PM

Get used to it. I get comments at least 50% of the times I'm out and about (not counting looks, thumbs up, flashing headlights). I've had husbands veer away from their wives heading into the store, on-lookers at a distance who suddenly head over as soon as someone else does, co-eds stop to take selfies in front of the card, and a couple of spot offers to trade. My son with the 911 Turbo doesn't get near the attention. His answer: "Dad, you must be parking too close to the store."

F-typical 08-03-2015 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by uncheel (Post 1279552)
Get used to it. I get comments at least 50% of the times I'm out and about (not counting looks, thumbs up, flashing headlights). I've had husbands veer away from their wives heading into the store, on-lookers at a distance who suddenly head over as soon as someone else does, co-eds stop to take selfies in front of the card, and a couple of spot offers to trade. My son with the 911 Turbo doesn't get near the attention. His answer: "Dad, you must be parking too close to the store."

You have to know what you're looking at to understand what the Turbo is. So - location dependent - a 911 is like that feature of the human anatomy that everyone has... :)

F-typical 08-03-2015 02:32 PM

On a related note: you have to have a firm grasp of the content of the configurator to notice the difference between models in any given JLR vehicle.

Foosh 08-03-2015 03:34 PM

At a stop light today, top-down, next to an up-scale DC restaurant, a young woman and older man were waiting for a cab and locked on to the car. I hear her say, "that's gorgeous, what is it?" The man quickly replied, "that my dear, is a very special Jag-U-Are."

AnD3rew 08-03-2015 07:12 PM

Posted this before, but early evening driving through the rocks area in the Sydney CBD stopped at a pedestrian crossing and a group of about 8 very attractive young ladies stopped halfway across the crossing in front of my car and said nice car and starting chatting with me. The traffic behind me was not impressed, but I was quite relaxed about it.

Unhingd 08-03-2015 07:29 PM

Two responses from Katies' Cars & Coffee a couple weeks ago:
1. Woman leans over to look into the car and snorts: "Manual transmission...this guy is showing his age."
2. I was cruising through the parking lot to leave with the occasional and gratuitous blip of the throttle and some guy yells: "best sounding car ever!"
Other than that, nothing. I get far more positive reaction to my '90 GMC and '76 Land Cruiser. Bureaucrats in this town (DC) are mostly impressed with leather-clad SUVs and minivans. After almost 3 years of looking, I finally saw my 3rd F-Type (other than mine) in the wild along the Dulles Toll Road.

LoneAspen 08-04-2015 01:26 AM

On my way to work, there's a windy road where I usually see at least one pedestrian walking on the sidewalk. It's always fun to pass them, punch it a little, and see how many look back. I'd say 90% do :)

TwiztOG43 08-04-2015 01:30 AM

90% of the time I get "daaaammnn, what kind of car is that?"

Yesterday however, I overheard the first negative comment. "That new jaguar x type is ugly, at least the wheels were nice"

Tahoe Dave 08-04-2015 08:57 AM

The wife and I went to Pebble Beach for a golfing weekend. I parked the car in front of the reception area to check-in. This area, has all of the shops and enjoys quite a bit of foot traffic. There was a group of "tourists" taking turns of taking their pictures as they posed in front of the car. Quite the compliment. albeit a bit awkward. We chose to walk around until they were through and then moved the car.

McGriddle 08-04-2015 09:25 AM

I also get comments about 50% of the time when I drive.

Just last week alone on a long drive back and forth to NYC, I got at least 5 comments. They were in the city, in parking lots, while getting gas, and even while driving 80 mph on the turnpike (car pulled up in next lane for a wave and thumbs up). The car definitely gets plenty of positive attention.

F-typical 08-04-2015 02:51 PM

Today a Matriach asked if it was okay to park next to my "beautiful car".

Jaguar7812 08-05-2015 02:23 PM

I have a great story from last night.. On my way home from work I decided to stop to get a good old Chicago beef and sausage (or saaasage as we say it here in Chi) and the place was having a car show. There must have been 50 muscle cars parked and they invited me to pull my car up while I ran in.. I came out to 15 people standing around my car talking about it.. Needless to say, I had more people looking at my car than the muscle cars.. BTW... The SAAAASAGE was great!!

thechaosmachine 08-05-2015 03:08 PM

About a week ago, my girlfriend was driving my F-Type to the store and a cop pulled up next to her at the light. He motioned for her to roll down the window, which she did, and he said "that's a beautiful car" and then started talking about specs. Always a much nicer interaction with the police when they like the car :)

dwoodard 08-05-2015 11:05 PM

I was at one of the studios today and when I got out of my car, there were a few folks standing around asking why I parked "their car" so far away from them. Tried trading me a gold cart for the car as well. Surrounded by some very nice cars there, but the F-type was the one that grabbed everyone's attention.

AnD3rew 08-13-2015 05:41 AM

Stopped at the lights and a young bloke in a BRZ pulls up beside me sticks his head out the window and says "thanks for not buying a BMW"

Foosh 08-13-2015 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnD3rew (Post 1285898)
Stopped at the lights and a young bloke in a BRZ pulls up beside me sticks his head out the window and says "thanks for not buying a BMW"

LMAO, we have a winner!