F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought 2015 F Type R and guess what

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 10:26 AM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by sts-v
I'm the opposite. The #1 cause of failed engines are wear and time. The newer, the better. I've had quite a few 500HP+ cars in my life and I sell them for a living. A new engine is always a benefit in this industry.
As a customer I would be very wary of a car with a replacement engine, and would probably pass on it. Whether that is right or wrong, that's my reaction and I am sure the same for a lot of customers out there.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Chester///M
Thanks for the advice.

I'm 99.9% sure I'm not keeping it.

I mentioned in another post that the dealer has put forward an alternative car that is acceptable to me.

I'm waiting for some additional information about it but I think I'll trust them to make it right.
TRUST IS EVERYTHING. That’s true personally and professionally. Your comment is somewhat contradictory and I can only assume your statement “I think I’ll trust them to make it right” is that they will take the damn car back...period ended. It certainly sounds like they either mislead you or were so clueless as to not know what they were selling you. In either case, and in my opinion, I wouldn’t walk but run from such an unscrupulous salesperson/dealer.

P.S. I should add, considering I haven’t read all posts in this thread...I could be wrong.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-22-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:21 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
TRUST IS EVERYTHING. That’s true personally and professionally. Your comment is somewhat contradictory and I can only assume your statement “I think I’ll trust them to make it right” is that they will take the damn car back...period ended. It certainly sounds like they either mislead you or were so clueless as to not know what they were selling you. In either case, and in my opinion, I wouldn’t walk but run from such an unscrupulous salesperson/dealer.

P.S. I should add, considering I haven’t read all posts in this thread...I could be wrong.
That's a fair comment.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't have evidence that the salesman knowingly omitted this material fact about the car.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

That's a fair comment.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't have evidence that the salesman knowingly omitted this material fact about the car.
We’ve all been naive, and/or continue to be, about something...so there’s no shame in that. One would hope, however, that a salesman selling anything - particularly an upscale item like an F-Type - would know what they are selling (if not intimately, as thorough as possible. Never mind that the most knowledgeable people, at least when it comes to the F-Type, are right here on this Forum).

I like your attitude about trying to give them the benefit of doubt (and an extremely fair shake on your part), I just hope that they feel the same way. As the saying goes, “fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on me”.

Good luck and I’m sure you’ll let us know.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-22-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:47 PM
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the advice.

I'm 99.9% sure I'm not keeping it.

I mentioned in another post that the dealer has put forward an alternative car that is acceptable to me.

I'm waiting for some additional information about it but I think I'll trust them to make it right.
have them run the VIN thru JLR and print out all results...

Old 11-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
We’ve all been naive, and/or continue to be, about something...so there’s no shame in that. One would hope, however, that a salesman selling anything - particularly an upscale item like an F-Type - would know what they are selling .
Sadly this hasn't matched my experience. Most of the salespeople I spoke to didn't know much of anything about the cars. One even said "I like Range Rovers. Don't like Jaguars much so can't really tell you anything about the car. I hear it's a fun toy. One of my rich buyers picked one up a few weeks ago."

...guess who I didn't buy from?

Old 11-28-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by jimishooch
have them run the VIN thru JLR and print out all results...

I have been calling the dealership who worked on the car which is one real benefit of the carfax since the phone number is listed. Most times, the service managers are more than happy to discuss the history.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:40 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I would be furious with the non-disclosure. I would put money down the dealer knew of the history when they sold you the car. The dealer has access to all service records. Even a lazy dealership would have ran the VIN through the Jaguar service system to pull the history when they bought the car. You should be extremely upset and demand a full refund for the car, your shipping expense, and compensation for your wasted time. Call Jaguar corporate customer service and make a formal complaint and start the legal action. Get your money back, get your peace of mind back, and find another Jaguar from a reputable dealer that you can enjoy and not worry about. I can't believe you're taking this so easy. This dealership needs to be shut down...shame on them.

The following users liked this post:
Chester///M (12-13-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I would be furious with the non-disclosure. I would put money down the dealer knew of the history when they sold you the car. The dealer has access to all service records. Even a lazy dealership would have ran the VIN through the Jaguar service system to pull the history when they bought the car. You should be extremely upset and demand a full refund for the car, your shipping expense, and compensation for your wasted time. Call Jaguar corporate customer service and make a formal complaint and start the legal action. Get your money back, get your peace of mind back, and find another Jaguar from a reputable dealer that you can enjoy and not worry about. I can't believe you're taking this so easy. This dealership needs to be shut down...shame on them.
Sadly, if all dealers were shut down for less than reputable business practices we'd have to go a bicycle shop to meet our transportation needs.....

The following 2 users liked this post by HalcyonDays:
Burt Gummer (11-30-2017), Don1954 (12-13-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by DGL

After I read your post I picked up the phone and called Jaguar.

The gal told me I could open up a case with them and they would assist me in exchanging the car if that's what I wanted.

She offered no other help really.

Just a quick update, the replacement car sat all week waiting for pickup.

Two more frustrating things:

1) Found out the car needed touch up work on rear of car when they originally told me no touch up were needed.
2) Upon learning car would be shipped open carrier, I told them I would pay difference for a closed trailer and they said no, cant do that.

In any event, I told Jaguar these things and while she apologized, nothing would be done unless I opened a case.

I told the dealer if the car was not shipped by Saturday, I wanted my money back.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Chester///M; 11-30-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:50 PM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Wow, All I can say is that its too bad that something that should be as fun as buying a F-type has turned into something stressful and unfun. Hope it works out and things go more smoothly for you.

Chester///M (12-13-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 09:39 PM

Get your money back and find another dealer. Plenty of good cars out there. I have had my car since new, January 2014. It's still like new inside and out, doesn't need painting, touch up etc etc. If the car has been looked after it won't need lots of remediation work, find one like that.

Chester///M (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

That's a great reply.

I love my M but I think I'm done.

I had an E46 that I never should have sold.

The E92 is just ok.

I dont like the M4 at all.
You didn't like the E92? the E92/93/90 M3 is god!!!
It will be my next car!! I will only use unicorn tears for gas.
its so freaking perfect..except the rod bearing issue.

Believe me the dealer knew about the car. They are skilled at making a profit of course they would not disclose a motor replacement. The dealer is a business and there business is to make a profit.
If they are willing to fix the issue I would definitely take the offer! or just get another F-type from another dealer.

Last edited by makecopies; 12-13-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Chester///M (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by makecopies

Believe me the dealer knew about the car. They are skilled at making a profit of course they would not disclose a motor replacement. The dealer is a business and there business is to make a profit.
If they are willing to fix the issue I would definitely take the offer! or just get another F-type from another dealer.

The E92 is a nice car no doubt. I enjoyed it and the car was set up perfectly for me. I was sad to see it go and it went very fast too. One day for sale and it was gone.

Anyway, I now have the replacement car from the dealer.

This car is in much better condition by far. The paint is excellent, the interior is very clean and the red seats are a really nice touch and remind me of the E92.

All in all, I'm satisfied I got the car I paid for so case closed.

On to modding!

Thanks to everyone for their input on the matter.

I appreciate the support.

The following 2 users liked this post by Chester///M:
DJS (12-13-2017), JagRag (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 AM

The E92 is a nice car no doubt. I enjoyed it and the car was set up perfectly for me. I was sad to see it go and it went very fast too. One day for sale and it was gone.

Anyway, I now have the replacement car from the dealer.

This car is in much better condition by far. The paint is excellent, the interior is very clean and the red seats are a really nice touch and remind me of the E92.

All in all, I'm satisfied I got the car I paid for so case closed.

On to modding!

Thanks to everyone for their input on the matter.

I appreciate the support.
Excellent result !!

Chester///M (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Default I'm sensing sarcasm...

Originally Posted by makecopies
Taking it you are not a fan of the BMW's. But throw a supercharger on a E90/E92 M3 and tell me its not at least as fun to drive as an F-Type R. In fact, I shouldn't say it on this forum, but I find mine more fun, and refined and balanced than my F type R. And don't try to compare any JLR product to the germans in fit, finish, and dependability.

Rod bearing issue? That is a $2300 fix, chump change compared to the monthly depreciation on most other cars that can perform as well. Oh, and my E90 has 4 doors and spacious trunk. Just sayin - there may be a reason the M3's have had such a fanatic following.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Taking it you are not a fan of the BMW's. But throw a supercharger on a E90/E92 M3 and tell me its not at least as fun to drive as an F-Type R. In fact, I shouldn't say it on this forum, but I find mine more fun, and refined and balanced than my F type R. And don't try to compare any JLR product to the germans in fit, finish, and dependability.

Rod bearing issue? That is a $2300 fix, chump change compared to the monthly depreciation on most other cars that can perform as well. Oh, and my E90 has 4 doors and spacious trunk. Just sayin - there may be a reason the M3's have had such a fanatic following.
Those are excellent points and I debated supercharging my E92 for a year and decided against it.

BMW's do have a cult-ish set of followers and the modding is endless.

The Jag is a different beast and very hard to compare to the M3.

I like both cars for very different reasons.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:47 AM

A couple of Iphone pics of the car.

Attached Thumbnails Bought 2015 F Type R and guess what-car-1.jpg   Bought 2015 F Type R and guess what-car-2.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Chester///M:
JagRag (12-13-2017), Trevor Walker (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:53 AM

Sexy - now get those exhaust tips ceramic coated black and it will be even better looking.

Chester///M (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Sexy - now get those exhaust tips ceramic coated black and it will be even better looking.
That's a great idea.

Do you know if it's easy to remove the tips?

Trevor Walker (12-13-2017)