Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Convertible: Slammed the Boot Lid on my Fingers (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/convertible-slammed-boot-lid-my-fingers-193647/)

Jagged Wire 12-12-2017 01:43 AM

Convertible: Slammed the Boot Lid on my Fingers

I slammed the trunk lid on my fingers. Owwwwww! I did this 2x on separate occasions! Has anyone else done this? In disbelief, it took me a couple seconds to use that release button.

Ok JLR, get rid of those grab inserts and use a strap or something instead. Nothing looks worse than finger marks on a trunk lid. Does this happen on the coupe (without the power closing)?

Warning: do not let your passengers empty the trunk and walk away.

ps: I reposted this because the prior one gave me a 404 error. Probably too many emoji.

dave_Sw1 12-12-2017 01:57 AM

erm no? had 2 verts now for 3 years and never did anything like that, push down on the top of the lid maybe?

Unhingd 12-12-2017 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire (Post 1807675)
I slammed the trunk lid on my fingers. Owwwwww! I did this 2x on separate occasions!.

Don't do that!

nrwatson 12-12-2017 06:06 AM

No problems with fingers in 4 years

SinF 12-12-2017 07:57 AM

Are you fingers still covered under warranty? I'd take them in to get examined.

sts-v 12-12-2017 09:50 AM

you really posted this on the internet?

ndabunka 12-12-2017 04:25 PM

Ouch - Sorry to hear this but...

I slammed the trunk lid on my fingers. Owwwwww! I did this 2x on separate occasions! ... Nothing looks worse than finger marks on a trunk lid.

Ouch, sorry to hear this but...Nothing looks worse?

Really? I can think of one thing that not only looks worse but probably also hurts far more...
Black and blue FINGERS would look worse but, like others here are asking... how could you POSSIBLY do it a second time? How EXACTLY are you trying to close it that your fingers are caught?
I think we are going to need a video of the act...:icon_lurk5:

GGG 12-12-2017 05:31 PM

..... ps: I reposted this because the prior one gave me a 404 error. Probably too many emoji.

YES - it was the emoji in the thread title of your original post that locked the thread. Now you've reposted (without the emoji) I've deleted it.

Graham

Queen and Country 12-12-2017 06:08 PM

I have had since new a clear bra on my spoiler, because I realized it was the most sensible point to shut the hatch from.
It prevents leaving any fingerprints or even scratches.
Its entirely invisible.

Suaro 12-12-2017 11:47 PM

Be grateful it wasn't your head.

15FTypeR 12-13-2017 01:31 AM

Have you had other similar incidents/injuries or is this an F-Type problem?

OzXFR 12-13-2017 03:03 AM

Some 40 years ago I slammed my hand in the door of the old man's HQ Holden ute, it hurt so much I keeled over while holding my damaged hand under the tap in a vain attempt to numb the pain and woke up a few minutes later.
The old man's reaction?
"Stop being such a wuss and get back to work". I worked with him in the ceiling trade (drywall, usually called Gyprock here in Oz).

Jagged Wire 12-13-2017 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by sts-v (Post 1807833)
you really posted this on the internet?

Well, yes.

I wanted sympathy, I wanted sympathy........ and maybe a couple funny jabs. :icon_crackup: Poor old me. Thanks :D

Oh, and I’m particularly mindful of the bonnet, lest someone find my head in the engine bay; and I make sure all hands are free when I drop the bonnet shut.

DJS 12-13-2017 08:56 AM

At least you didn't fail to open the trunk all the way, and while leaning in to access the trunk contents, smash your head on the open trunk. I imagine that would hurt a lot. Even more the 2nd time you do it. I'm too brain-damaged to remember if that was me, or someone else. ;)

911Königin 12-13-2017 01:18 PM

I slammed the trunk lid on my fingers. Owwwwww! I did this 2x on separate occasions! Has anyone else done this? In disbelief, it took me a couple seconds to use that release button.

Well, if it was 15 degrees out, you could say you didn't feel your fingers and so did not know where they were :icon_snow::icon_errrr::icon_snowman:

911Königin 12-13-2017 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by DJS (Post 1808358)
At least you didn't fail to open the trunk all the way, and while leaning in to access the trunk contents, smash your head on the open trunk. I imagine that would hurt a lot. Even more the 2nd time you do it. I'm too brain-damaged to remember if that was me, or someone else. ;)

:icon_lolsign: :icon_laugh: