Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Dealer painting 19in Centrifuge wheels? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/dealer-painting-19in-centrifuge-wheels-121652/)

Aaroncv 07-10-2014 05:51 PM

Dealer painting 19in Centrifuge wheels?

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum. I recently reserved a 2015 Firesand F-Type S Coupe here in Abu Dhabi. The dealership has 2 of them. One with silver centrifuge wheels (with firesand stitched interior) and one with black centrifuge wheels (with all black interior).

I am wanting the firesand stitched interior with the black wheels. The dealer says they won't switch the wheels but they will paint the silver wheels black using the same equipment as the factory and it would be covered by warranty.

The wheels are more important to me than the stitching of the interior. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would I be better off sacrificing the stitching for the factory black wheels?

Thanks in advance!

buickfunnycar.com 07-10-2014 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aaroncv (Post 1012301)
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum. I recently reserved a 2015 Firesand F-Type S Coupe here in Abu Dhabi. The dealership has 2 of them. One with silver centrifuge wheels (with firesand stitched interior) and one with black centrifuge wheels (with all black interior).

I am wanting the firesand stitched interior with the black wheels. The dealer says they won't switch the wheels but they will paint the silver wheels black using the same equipment as the factory and it would be covered by warranty.

The wheels are more important to me than the stitching of the interior. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would I be better off sacrificing the stitching for the factory black wheels?

Thanks in advance!

Well it appears the factory black finish is a gloss black powdercoat so if they're supplying the same finish and are willing to warranty them, I can't see a problem.

I totally agree with your choice,I drove a Firesand coupe with the black Centrifuge wheels and they look stunning...and obviously Jaguar thinks so too...seeing as how the silver ones are only a $1000 option whereas the gloss black versions are $2500.

Lothar52 07-10-2014 09:38 PM

Is it just me or is everything about the V6 S overpriced!!?!?! They are almost pushing people to just buy the Ftype R.... I would get a F-type tomorrow V6 S if when I optioned it up it didnt break 90k every time.

KennB44 07-10-2014 10:26 PM

stiching

Go with the interior you want. Wheels are the easiest thing to change ,while the interior WAY more expensive after the fact. Painted wheels are no problem. Plus you can always change wheels when your taste change or just want to change the look after awhile.
Good Luck !

mm767cap 07-11-2014 11:08 AM

I agree. I've had wheels painted and provided they are done by a good shop, it's not an issue at all.

neveo 07-14-2014 09:04 PM

my dealer had my wheels powedcoated black and I'm very happy