F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color Choices Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Choices Poll

First world problems! I'm basically down to two choices as there are only two 2018 F-Types in NA with my build preferences. One is Loire Blue with the diamond turned wheels and black exterior package, and the other is classic BRG with chrome wheels and finishes. Both have Sienna Tan.

The black package on the blue car looks meaner and a bit rad. The chrome makes the BRG look more traditional, maybe a tad fuddy duddy. But I always wanted a BRG car!

Help!

Old 04-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

To paraphrase Jeremy Clarkson, pick the one that reaches down the front of your trousers and rummages around a bit.

The following 2 users liked this post by lizzardo:
Burt Gummer (04-14-2018), CaptainHam (04-14-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Bonovox,

my personal choice was a BRG with Sienna Tan and I am in my early mid thirties - fuddy duddy is a nice summary, I would call it a timeless classic ;-)

Go with what you like, but personally I feel I will have my car and combination for a very long time and not tire of it.
All feedback and immediate reactions are super positive and the color is a stunner in real life.

If you need some pictures just PM me and I can send some over via e-mail.
For the Sienna Tan, if you have not, you need to see it in real. The Jaguar configurator does not give it any credit, as it looks way too orange.

Ps. some pictures from my introduction to the Forum:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ays-hi-195241/

Last edited by cgnFT; 04-14-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:55 AM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

I think both are 'classic'.

Being of Scottish descent, I favor the Loire Blue since the 1957 Scottish team 'Ecurie Ecosse' won the 24 hours of Le Mans, coming in 1st AND 2nd driving D-Types in the color 'flag blue', that being the color of the Scottish flag, which Loire blue is the closest available, without going custom.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/l...osse-1-3470031

My mom's best friend was the cousin of one of those 1957 drivers... (John 'Jock' Lawrence).

On the other hand, BRG is also classic. I have seen D-Types in BRG as well, so the historical significance of either color cannot be ignored.

Pick it!

Last edited by mshedden; 04-14-2018 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:06 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BRG.

As a side note: Asking help for choosing color etc. is quite common on car forums, but I always find it a bit strange.
Opinions for usefulness of certain options, certainly. But color! It´s very much a personal thing and matter of opinion.
Be a man (or woman) and make your own decision

Old 04-14-2018, 04:56 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonovox
..... One is Loire Blue with the diamond turned wheels and black exterior package, and the other is classic BRG with chrome wheels and finishes. .....
Welcome to the forum Bonovox,

The hyperbole of motor manufacturers advertising and marketing departments knows no bounds. I've been to the Loire many times and it is inevitably a muddy brown with little hint of blue! This is my Bentley next to the Loire. Jaguar Loire Blue bears no resemblance to the colour of that meandering river.

Color Choices Poll-15ggg.jpg

After a succession of Jaguars in various shades of blue, I presently have an XK in the same shade of BRG as the F-Type. I think it's an attractive colour but my wife loathes it.

Make up your own mind which of the two F-Types YOU prefer. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 04-14-2018 at 04:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonovox
First world problems! I'm basically down to two choices as there are only two 2018 F-Types in NA with my build preferences. One is Loire Blue with the diamond turned wheels and black exterior package, and the other is classic BRG with chrome wheels and finishes. Both have Sienna Tan.

The black package on the blue car looks meaner and a bit rad. The chrome makes the BRG look more traditional, maybe a tad fuddy duddy. But I always wanted a BRG car!

Help!
Try both shiny and dark with the BRG:

The Black (dark grey) with Diamond Cut Gyrodynes go well with BRG.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

I had to choose between two new colors, neither of which I'd seen before in person. I figuratively (no, not literally) tossed a coin. I've had twinges of color choice remorse, but they pass quickly.

I did recently replace the hood vents. I had the standard black mesh, but went to the bright (chrome) ones for two reasons, one of which was to match the "power vents" (the ones on the front fenders). I'm not usually a chrome kind of guy, but the car is quite dark everywhere else, so the bright accents are nice.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Personal bias aside...I think the BRG with a tad a chrome is both traditional and sporty (thinking about the old Lotus Formula racers and such) at the same time. But Lorie Blue is nice for sure.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the showroom today with two colors in mind, BRG and Loire Blue. Turns out BRG is not any longer available for our (Belgian) market. They hardly sold any according to the sales rep. Loire blue is a very classy color, less sporty. You cannot do much wrong with either choice.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

BRG!!!

Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

According to the dealer where I got my car, BRG is being discontinued after this year (at least I think that's what he said). The two I was deciding between when I got mine last month was BRG and the Firesand (which has already been discontinued). In the end, this one won because it was CPO, had under 8000 miles and my husband preferred the idea of me in the V6 over the V8 (and since he was buying it for me, he won - plus I live in the City of Atlanta and work downtown - 4 miles from home - and really wouldn't get to use the extra HP anyway). From the beginning my two favorite colors were Firesand and BRG. Not that my opinion matters, but BRG is just a classic.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

thank god someone said firesand

Old 04-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PBBarb
According to the dealer where I got my car, BRG is being discontinued after this year (at least I think that's what he said). The two I was deciding between when I got mine last month was BRG and the Firesand (which has already been discontinued). In the end, this one won because it was CPO, had under 8000 miles and my husband preferred the idea of me in the V6 over the V8 (and since he was buying it for me, he won - plus I live in the City of Atlanta and work downtown - 4 miles from home - and really wouldn't get to use the extra HP anyway). From the beginning my two favorite colors were Firesand and BRG. Not that my opinion matters, but BRG is just a classic.
I like you! Firesand and BRG are my two all time favorite F Type colors. Too bad they are going away but I can certainly understand why. Here in the USA we seem to overwhelmingly pick black, white or some share of grey. =(

The following users liked this post:
PBBarb (04-17-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 09:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Apparently BRG has been upscaled to the much higher price range of exclusive colors.
JLR have been there before, charging a high premium for their legendary color.
Happy I got one of the last MY2019 ones.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MattRG
I like you! Firesand and BRG are my two all time favorite F Type colors. Too bad they are going away but I can certainly understand why. Here in the USA we seem to overwhelmingly pick black, white or some share of grey. =(
I can't say anything against black cars since I've had 2 and a charcoal gray as well (does that make me a typical American?). I was afraid I was going to have to get my third black car in a row because when I started looking at them all I ever saw was black or white (and I didn't want white). I've always loved BRG - in fact my only non black or charcoal car before now was Ford's hunter green (as close as they ever got to BRG) on my Mustang GT (with the camel interior and top she was a beauty). I'm glad I was a bit more patient than usual and found the perfect car for me instead of just the first "it's close enough" one. Since my husband initially said no to it when I first brought it up, I wanted to jump on it immediately when he finally agreed. Since that worked so well, I'm now working on the "we need a condo in Vegas to stay in and we can rent it out when we aren't there" arguments.

The following users liked this post:
Desert Dawg (04-17-2018)