Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flawless

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts
Default Flawless

After a 1,000+ mile business/pleasure trip - none of it an “obligation” but a genuine pleasure (and I even got to meet up with several Lobster Runners) - in a rather short period of time, I have this to say about my 2015 V6S F-Type:

- Never once was I uncomfortable. Indeed, I found my seats to be among the best I’ve ever had (But, then, that’s not news to me). Never once did I have to “adjust” my seating position or my legs to remain comfortable. Worthy of a cross-country trip for sure and equal, in support and comfort, to my NSX.

- While I consider the F-Type to be more GT than Sports Car, I found it to be an incredibly accurate “precision instrument” and it [I] handled magnificently at all times. At all speeds; and especially at high speeds. Make than, extremely high speeds. (At least I imagined that it did; see P.S. below).

- I was so in the “zone” for hours on end, it was almost - after the fact - frightening. (The word I would actually use is “exhilarating”). In other words, I was so in tune with the car and the road, with my music - late 60’s/early 70’s rock blasting; Cream, Allman Bros., Led Zeppelin, Yes, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Santana - that in spite of thousands of cars sharing the road with me, I felt like the roads were all mine. I was in automotive nirvana.

- While I missed the company of my wife (and dog) - as did my clients - those of us with wife (with or without dog) will appreciate that there’s nothing quite like driving solo.

If I can think of anything to add, I will.

Home! Safe, sound, and with no tickets!

P.S. Posted speed limits are only suggestions, yes? (Speaking of which, not that I ever exceeded them, they’re [mostly] ridiculous. Never mind few, if anyone - other than me - adhere to them).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-12-2017 at 04:34 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Buckingham (11-12-2017), Burt Gummer (11-12-2017), DJS (11-12-2017), JagAlb (11-20-2017), Mbourne (11-12-2017), Misujerr (11-15-2017), swajames (11-12-2017), Unhingd (11-12-2017) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Road trip !!

Old 11-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

.... those of us with wife (with or without dog) will appreciate that there’s nothing quite like driving solo.

I am sure of that!

No ticket? Top speed on entire trip? My buddy and I got a best-of-2017 warning for doing 101mph on Hwy 101 CA - now that was satisfying. CA State Patrol no less.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
.... those of us with wife (with or without dog) will appreciate that there’s nothing quite like driving solo.

I am sure of that!

No ticket? Top speed on entire trip? My buddy and I got a best-of-2017 warning for doing 101mph on Hwy 101 CA - now that was satisfying. CA State Patrol no less.
Hello Burt.

Those who know me know this:

There are those who “kiss and tell”, those who “say they kissed but didn’t”, and those who “kiss and don’t tell”.

Now how about those Astros?

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Road trip !!
All I can say to that U - not that I have to say that to you - is to all those who haven’t taken a road trip in your F-Type (and/or to those who, and you’ll excuse me, “baby the car”) you’re truly missing out on one of the great automotive experiences of your life.

Yes, it’s that great.

P.S. Sure the cool, if not cold, weather and brilliant clear skies made the drive all the more pleasurable but even when I hit torrential rain in New Jersey on Tuesday night (in spite of no one knowing how to drive in the rain) it was glorious...and I felt like Ayrton Senna in the wet.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member

- Despite the F-Type not being the lightest of automobiles, I never found weight to be a hindrance (my weight maybe, but not the cars) and found the weight distribution to be excellent (again, vastly different cars but a reminder of my NSX days).

- Visibility too, while some [here] might find it questionable - at times - was outstanding. Sure I had to take a quick head peek here and there before I was changing lanes (occasionally several lanes at once and, no, I am never like those "pocket rocket a-holes" who don't give a s#%^ about anyone else on the road and are outright reckless) but between using all my mirrors, knowing the cars performance and capabilities, as well as mine; see below, I was able to navigate, well, just about anything.

- My Continental Ultra-High Performance All Season Extreme Contact DWS 06's handled beautifully. And with temperatures in the 20's, I was happy to have them on. (Not that I ever take them off).

- No clue whatsoever, in case you were wondering, about gas mileage.

- Just to be clear and not sound like I have a huge ego, when I use the word "Flawless" in my OP Title or the word "magnificent" in the body of my first post I'm referring to the car, not me. We all possess capabilities and it's important to know ours and, most importantly, our limits. When I say the car handled and performed [and I] magnificently it's meant to suggest 1) that the car handled and performed magnificently and 2) car and driver were one. Synergy at its best and just a divine experience.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-13-2017 at 07:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Don1954 (11-13-2017), Mbourne (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

Jay, was that your first serious road trip in the car?

Trending Topics

Old 11-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Jay, was that your first serious road trip in the car?
Every time I’m behind the wheel I take it very seriously. If you mean is this the first long distance drive I’ve taken (and of course you are) the answer is no. I’ve been on a number of 500+ mile jaunts.

And loving every minute of it Jerry.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Every time I’m behind the wheel I take it very seriously. If you mean is this the first long distance drive I’ve taken (and of course you are) the answer is no. I’ve been on a number of 500+ mile jaunts.

And loving every minute of it Jerry.
Good...I feel better now.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Good...I feel better now.
But did he go beyond the slash?

Old 11-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree with the OP. I've driven several 500 round mile trips and one recent 1,000 mile round trip from LA to Lake Tahoe...open highway and allot of wonderful twisty mountain roads. Could never wipe the smile from my face. I've had two back surgeries a few years ago, and never once found myself to be uncomfortable. Never had a hint of any trouble (knock on wood) with the car so far. My only gripe might be with the noisier P-Zeros I have on the car....I would love to see what a set of the new michelin 4S's would be like :-) This car feels like I'm doing 80 at 130. The 130 was on well maintained back roads with zero traffic. I also have a full compliment of front and back radar detectors and Laser countermeasures on board. (Netradar with ALP)
CRS