Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-type stereo issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-type stereo issue

Good Afternoon,

I have a 2017 F-Type, S Series and have had sound system issues since I purchased it. If you set the stereo to anything but stereo, the rear speakers drop in and out. I have tried the Meridian Setting, the Dolby Setting, and the DTS and they all do the same thing. Our local dealer has worked diligently to try to remedy the issue, but according to them, Jaguar Corporate is saying that the issue is with DOLBY and a software update; however, no one has any idea if there will ever be one.

Is anyone else having this same issue? Is there a fix or are all Jag's having the same problem?

Thanks.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:47 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Kristi Knight
Good Afternoon,

I have a 2017 F-Type, S Series and have had sound system issues since I purchased it. If you set the stereo to anything but stereo, the rear speakers drop in and out. I have tried the Meridian Setting, the Dolby Setting, and the DTS and they all do the same thing. Our local dealer has worked diligently to try to remedy the issue, but according to them, Jaguar Corporate is saying that the issue is with DOLBY and a software update; however, no one has any idea if there will ever be one.

Is anyone else having this same issue? Is there a fix or are all Jag's having the same problem?

Thanks.
​​​​​​My 2014 rear speakers do not drop in and out on Dolby or otherwise, but they are consistently weak with the F/R fade set in the middle. I have heard a lot of dissatisfaction with the sound quality of the stereo in general, but I don't remember hearing your issue of the rear speakers switching on/off. So the need for a pending software update doesn't sound right to me.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:20 AM

If you are Listening to HD Radio and you go out of signal range, the system reverts to a mode which significantly changes the sound. This always bothered the hell out of me and I'm surprised Jaguar as not addressed the problem with a software fix.

Don

Old 02-26-2020, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by dkowall
If you are Listening to HD Radio and you go out of signal range, the system reverts to a mode which significantly changes the sound. This always bothered the hell out of me and I'm surprised Jaguar as not addressed the problem with a software fix.

Don
The HD option is off and the problems are still ongoing. I keep reaching out with zero results. Hoping there will be a resolution soon or that someone in the Forum has options.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:23 AM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Kristi Knight
The HD option is off and the problems are still ongoing. I keep reaching out with zero results. Hoping there will be a resolution soon or that someone in the Forum has options.
If Jag acknowledges the problem and can't fix it, I guess I don't understand how they cannot replace the stereo under the 5Y bumper to bumper? Do they have a Jag on the lot you can compare to?

Last edited by RacerX; 02-26-2020 at 11:27 AM.