Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Andrew,
You had initially opted for plain disc, drilled holes only. Are you contemplating installing the plain disc, thermal slots that are shown in Your last post?
I have requested this (attached image which is an M4 disc but same design for me) or as close as which Paul is sorting, they shall also trial fit and test the suncut versions on my car too, just to ensure all is spot on.

Attached Thumbnails Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type-wortec3.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (04-04-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 02:55 AM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry Frustrating......

To my great frustration (especially about my own stupidity) I was wrong to assume that I have the 376mm super performance brakes on the rear. I have the tiny 325mm rear rotors but I am not about to give up on this project and I am definitely going ahead with swapping the front rotors. As I recall there was only one other forum member (RGPV6S) interested in the swap with the small rear rotors and since I do find the look of my tiny rear rotors silly I am considering swapping the rear calipers, brackets and splash guards for the super performance model (going to be expensive - price to pay for stupidity).

However, apart from the costs I am concerned about break force distribution (brake balance) since I assume that the larger super performance rear brakes will have significantly more bite and introduce an unbalance in break force distribution front/rear. Does anyone have a clue if I should be worried about break balance or any other issues that I should be aware of when upgrading the rears to the super performance type?

Old 04-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Absolutely nothing to worry about with brake balance etc.
I changed the rear 326 mm brakes to 376 mm brakes seven months ago and I haven't had a single problem with them, strong straight and true braking every time.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:14 AM

Thanks OzXFR! Where did you buy the components?
BTW I was in Adelaide a little over a year ago and loved it! Great place. Actually, I signed the purchase contract for my F-Type in a Hotel in Adelaide - great memories :-)

Last edited by F-Type-Type; 04-08-2018 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-Type-Type
Thanks OzXFR! Where did you buy the components?
BTW I was in Adelaide a little over a year ago and loved it! Great place. Actually, I signed the purchase contract for my F-Type in a Hotel in Adelaide - great memories :-)
Check out this thread, all the info you need including part numbers, hints & tips is in it: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...de+rear+brakes
I already had the slotted and drilled rotors bought a couple of years earlier for my XFR, I bought them off an eBay seller.
I got the calipers new and dirt cheap from a UK eBay seller, I was lucky.
I got the rest - new caliper brackets and splash shields - from Britcar in the UK.
I used Porterfield R4S pads, I bought them direct from the Porterfield supplier.

F-Type-Type (04-08-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Talking Components ordered

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Check out this thread, all the info you need including part numbers, hints & tips is in it: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...de+rear+brakes
I already had the slotted and drilled rotors bought a couple of years earlier for my XFR, I bought them off an eBay seller.
I got the calipers new and dirt cheap from a UK eBay seller, I was lucky.
I got the rest - new caliper brackets and splash shields - from Britcar in the UK.
I used Porterfield R4S pads, I bought them direct from the Porterfield supplier.
I followed your advice and ordered the whole monty from BritCar. Great service, the goodies should already be on their way. Very helpful to have your thread/advice. Expensive though to be lightweight and good looking: nearly 1000 pounds for the upgrade parts w/o rotors, but.....worth it!

Old 04-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

I followed your advice and ordered the whole monty from BritCar. Great service, the goodies should already be on their way. Very helpful to have your thread/advice. Expensive though to be lightweight and good looking: nearly 1000 pounds for the upgrade parts w/o rotors, but.....worth it!
That's great!
It should be straightforward, but the main tip I can give is about those crush washers on the rear brake lines. If you don't get new ones with the new calipers then you must re-use the old ones, but before you do make sure you file them flat (remove the inner ridges that develop when you tighten then right up) and add spacer washers around 1 mm thick on the outside of the brake line bolts. And remember to do those brake line bolts and caliper bolts up RFT.
If you don't do these things the brake lines will leak!

Old 04-10-2018, 04:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

That's great!
It should be straightforward, but the main tip I can give is about those crush washers on the rear brake lines. If you don't get new ones with the new calipers then you must re-use the old ones, but before you do make sure you file them flat (remove the inner ridges that develop when you tighten then right up) and add spacer washers around 1 mm thick on the outside of the brake line bolts. And remember to do those brake line bolts and caliper bolts up RFT.
If you don't do these things the brake lines will leak!
F-Type Type,
This method may work, but get new crush washers so you aren't tempted to do it this way.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:25 AM
Thumbs up

F-Type Type,
This method may work, but get new crush washers so you aren't tempted to do it this way.
Thanks for the tip! Any idea where I can obtain the crush washers? Does anyone have an idea of the technical name/part number?

OzXFR (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 04:35 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tip! Any idea where I can obtain the crush washers? Does anyone have an idea of the technical name/part number?
From my experience the only place you can get them is from a JLR dealer and they will cost a bomb (well at least for four tiny copper washers!).
You can't use any off-the-shelf washers as they have to be the exact right size to a tiny fraction of a mm both inner and outer diameter otherwise they will not work.
No technical name that I know of, I think they are simply called "brake line to brake caliper bolt washers" and any half decent JLR dealer will know exactly what you are talking about.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:58 AM

From my experience the only place you can get them is from a JLR dealer and they will cost a bomb (well at least for four tiny copper washers!).
You can't use any off-the-shelf washers as they have to be the exact right size to a tiny fraction of a mm both inner and outer diameter otherwise they will not work.
No technical name that I know of, I think they are simply called "brake line to brake caliper bolt washers" and any half decent JLR dealer will know exactly what you are talking about.
Just the info I needed. Amazing to have 24/7 assistance from around the globe with my little project. Thanks guys, feels great to be a part of the F-type community!

Old 04-10-2018, 06:06 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

As I am going for the test fitment this week fingers crossed.

So I have:
- New yellow EBC pads
- New 2PC rotors supplied by Wortec

Should I be buying anything from Jaguar, they pad sensors, washers etc to ensure the install goes smooth and without issue?

Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
As I am going for the test fitment this week fingers crossed.

So I have:
- New yellow EBC pads
- New 2PC rotors supplied by Wortec

Should I be buying anything from Jaguar, they pad sensors, washers etc to ensure the install goes smooth and without issue?
Just be ready to run to the dealer to pick up a couple of pad sensors if Wortec isn't careful with them.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Veteran Member

The brake pad wear sensors are only for owners who never check their brake pads, I disabled them on all three of my Jags because they can be problematic.
The easiest and simplest way to disable them is to cut and join the wires as this fools the system into thinking the sensor has not worn through. The sensors work on open circuit vs closed circuit, they eventually wear through (at around 4 mm pad thickness left), go open circuit and trigger the "low brake pads" warning on the dash, so making them permanent closed circuit by cutting and joining the wires does the trick.
It's no good just pulling them right off as you will get constant error messages on the dash, you need to leave them plugged in at the electrical plug end up in the wheel arch and cut and join the wires.
The other way to disable them is by modifying the CCF using SDD which Cambo did for me on my XFR.

XJ8JR (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

Even if you have to replace one or two, they're only $33 each.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Received 351 Likes on 236 Posts

Even if you have to replace one or two, they're only $33 each.
Where did you find the pad sensors for that price? My local dealer charged $61 ea.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Where did you find the pad sensors for that price? My local dealer charged $61 ea.
Front & Rear
https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...MtMGwtdjYtZ2Fz

Old 04-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Received 351 Likes on 236 Posts

Boy did I get hosed. But on the bright side I got the part 15 minutes after I needed it (dealer is very close).

Last edited by RGPV6S; 04-10-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Boy did I get hosed. But on the bright side I got the part 15 minutes after I needed it (dealer is very close).
That online dealer has good prices, but you can lose some ground with their shipping/handling charges. 90% of the time you can find a better deal on eBay for OEM parts. Just insert the part number into their search function.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I was told by a USA JLR dealer that over the counter must be charged at list price and same dealer with online parts business (often under a generic business name) can discount. Based on some recent purchases the online price was16% less. As unhinged has pointed out you have to pay shipping but can save sales tax depending on where you purchase.

Quick Reply: Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type