Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
I've tried looking up the part numbers for these Splash Shields, and am finding many, many variants without any clarity as to which one is correct for my vehicle. Would appreciate greatly if someone can positively ID the correct splash shield part numbers for a 2015 R Coupe...
Much thanks.
Left Rear - C2P12705
Right Rear - C2P12704
No shields on the front.

The following users liked this post:
IronMike (06-21-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 03:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Left Rear - C2P12705
Right Rear - C2P12704
No shields on the front.
Yep, them's the correct part numbers for the rear 376 mm brake splash shields.
There is a listing for a front 380 mm brake splash shield, but it's listed for the RHS only and it's not really a splash shield (well if it is it's the world's weeniest and most useless splash shield!), part number C2C41798, see here: https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...omponents-scat then scroll down a ways for 380 mm brake parts, then it's part #7. Just to check I groped behind my front brake rotors and yes I felt this part behind the bottom of the rotor on both sides, so I suspect the same part is used both left and right. What purpose it serves and whether it is needed is anyone's guess!

Old 06-24-2018, 11:36 PM
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Is this group buy still available? I just sent an email to Paul. Hoping to order a set of these rotors. Seems like a must do modification along with forged rims and new tires. A great value compared to the carbon ceramic route.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

If I were you I'd wait a while. There will be more options coming I'll sure and those who ended up not getting quite the perfect fit for themselves will upgrade and sell. I would give even odds you'll see a 'selling these because they are just sitting in the box' ad within 90 days. Same thing always happens with specialty items like spacers, etc.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:43 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Hi there

Am glad others are now reaping the benefits of these, I feel since I did these and the battery, the car is just in that sweet spot, someone posted a youtube video (I need to find it) who filmed me drag racing and recorded my 11.28 run and put it online stating worlds fastest stock F-Type, not sure on the truth of such a claim but of course I am very happy to be running 11.2's in a factory car with the only modifications been warranty friendly ones (brakes, battery & RAM AIR).

Back onto the brakes, they are performing flawless, my car is daily driven, it also gets driven hard and several big stops have been made in succession and they are still outperforming the stock setup admirably, I am more confident now on the brakes due to improved better initial bite and then more braking modulation and when really calling upon the brakes the stopping power is improved.

I was at first against the suncut design, thinking they would look smaller, but once fitted I was like hell yeah, also so many people at meets spot the brakes, first the orange calipers, second the suncut disc and are like wow man those brakes are huge and look incredible. It is simply one of those must have modifications because they really improve the look over the stock dustbin lids, they outperform stock (pad choice is crucial however) and of course you get the benefits of reduced unsprung mass.

Very happy with my set, several thousand miles on them and zero signs of wear.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Hi there

Am glad others are now reaping the benefits of these, I feel since I did these and the battery, the car is just in that sweet spot, someone posted a youtube video (I need to find it) who filmed me drag racing and recorded my 11.28 run and put it online stating worlds fastest stock F-Type, not sure on the truth of such a claim but of course I am very happy to be running 11.2's in a factory car with the only modifications been warranty friendly ones (brakes, battery & RAM AIR).

Back onto the brakes, they are performing flawless, my car is daily driven, it also gets driven hard and several big stops have been made in succession and they are still outperforming the stock setup admirably, I am more confident now on the brakes due to improved better initial bite and then more braking modulation and when really calling upon the brakes the stopping power is improved.

I was at first against the suncut design, thinking they would look smaller, but once fitted I was like hell yeah, also so many people at meets spot the brakes, first the orange calipers, second the suncut disc and are like wow man those brakes are huge and look incredible. It is simply one of those must have modifications because they really improve the look over the stock dustbin lids, they outperform stock (pad choice is crucial however) and of course you get the benefits of reduced unsprung mass.

Very happy with my set, several thousand miles on them and zero signs of wear.
I will second Gibbo's assessment on the Wortec brakes. Once seated (about 500 miles under normal driving conditions) the braking force exceeds that of the OEM brakes given the same pedal pressure and without the initial grabiness of the OEM brakes. Another huge benefit is a much smoother ride on rough surfaces due to the reduced unsprung weight.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:35 AM

I will second Gibbo's assessment on the Wortec brakes. Once seated (about 500 miles under normal driving conditions) the braking force exceeds that of the OEM brakes given the same pedal pressure and without the initial grabiness of the OEM brakes. Another huge benefit is a much smoother ride on rough surfaces due to the reduced unsprung weight.
Good to hear, what pads did you use?

I obviously had the advantage of bedding in exactly to their procedure with some very high speed de-acceleration runs from like 130mph down to 10-20mph to quickly bed in as such for me they great fantastic as I was able to get pad transfer done quickly. Normally I would bed in like yourself just with normal driving for a few hundred miles and maybe a few stops in succession of say 80mph down to 30mph etc.

But the EBC yellows are working well and Wortec told me to keep an eye on the drilled holes for dust build up and them blocking up but I've witnessed zero build up so far, though I do pressure wash my car every once to two weeks which no doubt helps.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Good to hear, what pads did you use?
I used the Porterfields (4s). I suspect the EBCs will be better for road track purposes, though I have no evidence to support this.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

If that is the case, definetely let Wortec know as well as its only fair they get as many sales as possible for working with us to make this possible and not only that but turning it around so fast.
Originally Posted by OzXFR
Gibbo, probably up to you to let Wortec know, although no response yet on the XF sub-forum despite 199 views!

I know a little late to the party... Great thanks to OzXFR for mentioning this on the XFR Forum... Was it ever definitively confirmed that the F-Type Rotors, will work on a XFR-S???

I have sent Paul at Wortec an email, to inquire on pricing and availability, and if in fact they will fit the XFR-S

Also I realize that the XFR-S will need different pads than the ones needed for the F-Type, Just curious if these are the correct ones:
"DP42076R EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads DP42076R" for the Fronts
"DP42059R EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads DP42059R" for the Rears

Thanks in advance, and sorry for cluttering the F-Type with non-F-Type content, but I'm hoping the overall Jaguar community will benefit from finding this info in one place...

Old 07-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

There is a report on the Pommy XF forum that the XFR-S front brakes are slightly different to the XFR front brakes and they are not interchangeable.
Apparently the XFR-S has a slightly wider front track and therefore slightly different caliper brackets and mounting holes.
So I would double check with Wortec that they understand you are talking about the XFR-S and not the XFR.
That said, if we are talking rotors only and not calipers or caliper brackets then I don't think you would have any problem fitting the Wortec front rotors to an XFR-S.
As for brake pads, I know for a fact that the F-Type front 380 mm brakes including the pads are absolutely identical in every way to the XFR 380 mm front brakes and I am 99% sure the XFR-S front brakes use the same pads as the XFR.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:56 PM

So Paul got back to me, and he has one complete set (all 4 rotors), of the suncut (low profile), see attached pic:

and he is offering them at the original group buy price, since he had someone back out of the original deal.

Just put in a money transfer today, will update this thread with a link to my own thread that I will start of what my impressions are for my application (XFR-S)

Old 07-18-2018, 07:39 PM

So quick update...
Received rotors, and installed you can reference link, for how the process went, and first impressions:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...8/#post1931827

Old 07-18-2018, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member

Use care when cleaning the calipers on wash day. Those Wortec rotor teeth are sharp!

Don1954 (08-02-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 04:43 AM

Did my calipers orange:

I feel orange works better with blue compared to red or yellow.

I can still say the brakes are absolutely superb, done lots of hard driving on them now, over 5000 miles infact as I use my car as a daily and vastly better than stock setup in both performance and aesthetics. No noise and dust seems not much worse than stock if any worse.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:55 AM
Veteran Member

I feel orange works better with blue compared to red or yellow.
Looks great. Call me Unhingd, but I would have gone with lilac or lavender.

I can still say the brakes are absolutely superb, done lots of hard driving on them now, over 5000 miles infact as I use my car as a daily and vastly better than stock setup in both performance and aesthetics. No noise and dust seems not much worse than stock if any worse.
+1, though I've only put half that mileage on them.

ndabunka (07-20-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interested

I sent Wortec an E mail, have not heard back yet but willing to get a set of rotors based on the above thread

Old 07-31-2018, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 148 Posts

[QUOTE = Unhingd; 1877500] Il fitting del test avverrà mercoledì prossimo. Ecco i prodotti finali: (mi dispiace per le foto di grandi dimensioni)

Wortec vs OEM

Presta attenzione ... questi rotori sono direzionali! [/ Quote]

Wortec have also a option of brake discs for Jaguar XKR (x100 ) 4.2 with brembo brakes?

Old 07-31-2018, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by deuce2000

Wortec have also a option of brake discs for Jaguar XKR (x100 ) 4.2 with brembo brakes?
You need to contact Wortec for that information: info@wortec.co.uk

Old 08-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 148 Posts

You need to contact Wortec for that information: info@wortec.co.uk
i had contact but no answer for now.......

Old 08-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by deuce2000
i had contact but no answer for now.......
I'll pm you with a direct email address when I get to my computer next.

User 070620 (08-01-2018)

Quick Reply: Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type