Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 05:30 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by domino_z
dat v8 doe

welcome back mate
Thanks mate!
I'll still see you over on Bimmerpost.

You considering the RS3 or TTRS, or at least driven them? How's that acclaimed engine? I believe you OZ folks have had the 5cyl for sometime and we are just getting it here now.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,583 Likes on 856 Posts

Welcome back my friend, to the show that never ends. (Come inside, come inside). Ladies and gentlemen: K-I-E-F!

Best regards,
Jay

P.S. Sorry you can't join us in Oct. (Although...it would appear you can do anything if you put your mind to it ). Are you also going to your nieces wedding?

Old 08-02-2017, 06:31 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome back! Makes me wonder whether I should even consider anything else when my lease expires.

Larry

The following users liked this post:
Kief (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Welcome back my friend, to the show that never ends. (Come inside, come inside). Ladies and gentlemen: K-I-E-F!

Best regards,
Jay

P.S. Sorry you can't join us in Oct. (Although...it would appear you can do anything if you put your mind to it ). Are you also going to your nieces wedding?
LOL! Thanks Jay!!

Give me the hunt for a car and a spectacular deal, and you are right, it does all seem to come together.

Niece got divorced! j/k Is that why we couldn't make it last time? However, my uncle does want my wife and I to trek up to Bethel and pick out what family pieces we want from his farm house, so maybe a get together will happen!

Still happy with those DWS06s? I'm slightly torn to give the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ a try this time with my "winter setup."

Old 08-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,583 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Kief
LOL! Thanks Jay!!

Give me the hunt for a car and a spectacular deal, and you are right, it does all seem to come together.

Niece got divorced! j/k Is that why we couldn't make it last time? However, my uncle does want my wife and I to trek up to Bethel and pick out what family pieces we want from his farm house, so maybe a get together will happen!

Still happy with those DWS06s? I'm slightly torn to give the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ a try this time with my "winter setup."
We can all trek up to Bethel and your uncle's farm house.

Happy you're back - with the proper car - and, yes, I am still quite pleased with the DWS 06's. Contrary to popular belief (or is it urban myth) I rarely push the car or myself to the limits. Sure I often drive in a spirited fashion but the Conti's work just fine for me; even in the winter (see photo; for the life of me I don't know why the orientation often goes awry! Enlarge it and it should be correct?). Could I do better? Probably. Could you still join us on Oct 5, 6, 7, 8? I think so.

Attached Thumbnails I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_0657.jpg  

Last edited by RickyJay52; 08-02-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Kief (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 06:55 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks mate!
I'll still see you over on Bimmerpost.

You considering the RS3 or TTRS, or at least driven them? How's that acclaimed engine? I believe you OZ folks have had the 5cyl for sometime and we are just getting it here now.
i've already had an rs3 dude, replaced it with the m3

can see my thoughts here

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=22

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=24

cliffs: great engine full of character, but chassis is something you get over quickly

Old 08-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Of course I remember my fellow M brother!
I guess I just couldn't stay away!

I think I recall you had some issues with Scarlett right after the trade. Hopefully everything worked out. You still thinking about a GTR next?
I'm going to live with the squeaks and rattles. Recently the differential gave out and thats convinced me to definately leave Jaguar at the end of this lease. I'm carefully watching the progress on the mid engine C8 vette

Old 08-02-2017, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by domino_z
i've already had an rs3 dude, replaced it with the m3

can see my thoughts here

BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum - View Single Post - Anyone thinking about trading their M3 for an RS3?

BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum - View Single Post - Anyone thinking about trading their M3 for an RS3?

cliffs: great engine full of character, but chassis is something you get over quickly
Duh, I knew that!! I got confused between the TTRS and RS3. I was confusing your RS3 to the previous TTRS w/out the 5cy. LOL, carry on

Old 08-02-2017, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by RawwR
I'm going to live with the squeaks and rattles. Recently the differential gave out and thats convinced me to definately leave Jaguar at the end of this lease. I'm carefully watching the progress on the mid engine C8 vette
I just stumbled upon your Diff Thread! Great to be back!!!

Old 08-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Thanks Lance! We should all schedule something in the fall.
Unfortunately, I cannot make Jay's 2017 Lobster Run
I can't either. Let's plan on something special later this year.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Share your negotiation story (if you don't mind)!! I'm sure others will benefit from it, and long posts are OK. It gives us stuff to read!

Congrats on the deal and welcome back.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Despite admitting being a serious BMW Fan Boy, ever since I unloaded my ’16 Coupe R back in Nov 2016 for the M3, I missed the Jag.
From Transformers -

A driver don't pick the cars. Mmm-mm. Cars pick the driver. It's a mystical bond between man and machine.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I can't either. Let's plan on something special later this year.
Sounds like a plan

Old 08-03-2017, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bushwhacker
From Transformers -
Love it!

Old 08-03-2017, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
Share your negotiation story (if you don't mind)!! I'm sure others will benefit from it, and long posts are OK. It gives us stuff to read!

Congrats on the deal and welcome back.
Thanks, I'm glad to be back.

You mean my experience with this particular dealer, or my final deal?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Welcome back!

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Kief (08-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 02:43 PM

I final had a chance to give Gemma a good wash and 1 coat of Poor Boy's EXP. I was also going to apply 1 coat of Poor Boy's Black Hole, but decided against it as next week I'm having professional paint correction and a ceramic coating applied. Apparently, I'm not too far from a very well known and respected detailer--Barry Theal of Presidential Details/Detailocity:
https://www.presidentialdetails.com/
https://www.detailocity.com/

Here are some quick pics I took to show him of the trouble areas (swirls, holograms) after my little detail session, but it is difficult to capture the problems areas with my phone. I swore I would never get black again, but here I am!

Attached Thumbnails I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5140.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5141.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5142.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5143.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5144.jpg  

I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5145.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5146.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5147.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5148.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5149.jpg  

I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5150.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5151.jpg   I///m back: Kief returns!!!-img_5152.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks, I'm glad to be back.

You mean my experience with this particular dealer, or my final deal?
Either / or I guess. Lets here em'!

But you mentioned in your OP that the negotiation for the car you landed in Buffalo was quite a story...

Old 08-04-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
Either / or I guess. Lets here em'!

But you mentioned in your OP that the negotiation for the car you landed in Buffalo was quite a story...
I was able to negotiate close to 22% off, and with Jaguar/Chase's subvented lease deals, this equaled the perfect storm to score this beauty!

As for the dealer, it was a journey of highs and lows along the way. In the beginning of July, I had inquired about two of their nearly identical remaining black coupe Rs. I dealt directly with the general manager the entire time, as I have little patience for the back and forth with sales associates. The general manager was initially responsive, and didn't balk at my ultimate goal, but she played a bit of hardball and chose not to show all her cards before trying to beat me down, electing to allow a week or so to pass by before contacting me again and resuming the negotiation game. At this point, I had not found my M3 buyer, so for giggles I asked if they would consider my M3. The Jag GM was surprisingly responsive, asking many questions and pictures of my M--typically this would have complicated matters and most dealers would have just written me off, so I was cautiously optimistic. Coincidentally enough, the GM "somehow" gets me to my selling price for the Jag, but says they can do no better than $4k negative equity on my M. I would never dump negative equity into a new acquisition, so I confirm that the selling price of the Jag would remain the same if I was able to take the trade out of the equation, and to my huge surprise, they agreed!! At this point, I nearly pissed myself and feverishly try to work with the potential buyer of my M3. Trying to manage the timing of all these moving parts was daunting to say the least! Long story short, I eventually get everything mostly firmed up with my M3 buyer (needless to say the guy hasn't even seen my M3 yet!) and the dealer who was going to coordinate the courtesy trade. So I email the Jag GM sharing the good news, and they respond with a somewhat curt response that the car has sold! I was deflated, especially after all the work I had spent trying to coordinate everything. However, they tell me that they still needed to ensure the credit of the potential buyer and would get back to me on that Monday to see if the car is actually sold. Keep in mind, this is a week before the last day of the month, and if my M3 wasn't sold by then, I would have serious reservations about getting the Jag, in other words, my wife would never allow it! So I add pressure to my potential M3 buyer, but understandably, he wanted to see the car with his wife and it would still take him so many days to get his finances together. As a result, I thought the deals on both ends was over. I was willing to accept defeat, but I still held out hope. Monday comes by, I never hear anything from the Jag dealer. Tuesday comes and goes, and still nothing. So I assume the deal went through with their buyer and the car was sold. I'm communicating all of this with my M3 buyer, being upfront that I would not be selling my M3 if I could not get the Jag. He questions whether the Jag really did sell and tries to convince me just to contact the Jag dealer, but I'm too proud and thought they may be playing games. But I couldn't let it go, so on that Wednesday, I decide to use an alias on their website chat function and inquire about the car. I'm not joking, but the lady on the other end goes so far to say that the car was still available but that "the deal was very bad and they did not know if the buyer was serious or not." Immediately, I thought they were referring about me,so I confronted the GM. They give me some double talk about the buyer being a repeat buyer and that he introduced a trade into the deal at the last moment and they must honor the deal they negotiated. I was calling BS the whole time and just figured they were hedging their bets given the extraordinary deal they offered me and they were going to wait at the last moment/last day of the month to accept my offer had no one else claimed the car for less of a deal before then. I was getting pissed! So I continued to press them and they gave me a whole lot of who shot John double talk. Remember, I still need to book a flight and get up to NY within the next few days if this all going to happen and still sell my M3. I even questioned whether I really wanted to work with these people given the whole rigmarole. Eventually, the GM apologized for the lack of communication and accepted my offer. They are a very small store, with few sales associates, and their explanation of how the events transpired put my nerves to ease--sort of. So the deal was sealed with the Jag, but I still needed to firm everything up with my M3 buyer. Since I was pressed for time, and I couldn't wait around for my M3 buyer to get his finances in order and time to check out the car, I simply asked the BMW dealer willing to facilitate the courtesy trade whether they would just buy the car from me for my payoff amount and turn around a week later and sell it to my buyer. They agreed, and even went so far to honor my payoff price with the guy I had been communicating with this entire time. I was very impressed with this BMW dealer and certainly will be working with them in the not so distant future for my next BMW, likely my wife's X3M.

So to recap, it was just a lot of moving parts that needed to be coordinated. At times, I questioned the ethics of the Jag dealer, but at the end of the day it all worked out! Actually, the buyer of my M3 will be taking delivery of my car tomorrow from the BMW dealer. He is so excited and I wish him the best of luck with car. He will love it. My flight up to the Jag dealer was phenomenal! 145 some seats and only 20 people on board! Took off on time and arrived 20 minutes early. I was picked up by someone from the dealer, but then had to wait some 3.5 hours before making my way on the road to drive back home. As mentioned previously, the dealer was small and they were frankly disorganized IMO. They car wasn't prepped and ready when I arrived and the paperwork took longer than expected. The damn Jaguar Connect was also a PITA, but eventually everything came together and Gemma is sitting comfortably in my garage. I've noticed a few minor issues with the car thus far (i.e., rocker panel paint issue--you would think this would be resolved for a 2017, the "J" on my spoiler is about to fall off, and hissing noise although I cannot tell if it's just wind noise or something normal as I have been without an R for sometime), but I'm scheduled this week for a State Inspection and will bring these issues up. All and all, I'm very happy to be back and look forward to after the break in to really begin enjoying the car again.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

just curious what the residuals and the MF is now?