F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I///m back: Kief returns!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
just curious what the residuals and the MF is now?
Apparently the same as July 2017.
I went with 33/10: 58%; .00001 MF (yes, that many zeros!!!)

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...estions#latest

Old 08-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

that's awesome. that's very similar to when i bought mine back in 2015 but you have a way better residual.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kief
I was able to negotiate close to 22% off, and with Jaguar/Chase's subvented lease deals, this equaled the perfect storm to score this beauty!

Good story! Glad it worked out for you.

I believe you (like me), probably only buy cars when it's an awesome deal. And because of that, there's almost always a great story to go along with it. The great deals don't come easy, and usually take a lot of work + a little bit of luck. Love hearing about them. I always find it quite a game buying new cars (usually every 1 to 2 years), and am always thoroughly exhausted after the purchase is done.

The following 2 users liked this post by 2015Coupe:
Kief (08-06-2017), slojotaa (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 05:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Nice story all the way around. I despise the trade for a new at a dealership. Use of galves/wholsesale pricing is a non starter for me from the beginning, and the see/saw effect of sell/buy is obviously stressful. The use of confusion in selling as a tactic for the "one shot" deal is reality but not a necessity by dealers if they strategically want to keep a customer.

I had my deal signed and thought "sealed", but when I came back from my surgery and recovery, the dealer within 4 weeks wouldn't give me the car stating that the price of my trade (yes another jag) came down ~$3500.00 in the same period of time. He quoted "market forces" to a guy who has been in global complex businesses his entire career. I soured me to no end, and wasn't the sales rep who is very good, but rather his manager who is a slick (thinks he got over on this city guy, and guess what....."he did"). I had no choice but to either walk (which I didn't due to wanting it) or just suck it up!

Buying isn't fun when nonsense like this enters the picture, and it enters the picture far too often. There is no implied, stated, and always assumed power over this by JLRNA. They have virtually zero power on the dealership networks, which are independent. I wonder what would it be like if they had greater influence. I think all ships would rise with the tide, but ......, enough said.

Happy your deal worked out for you, and that you are happy with the result. Funny thing for me, I am ecstatic with my wheels, and the loss on paper is a distant memory, but the smudge on the dealership will never go away in my mind. Next deal starts for them ~$3500.00 in the hole and I won't make the same mistake a second time!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 PM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Just wanted to give Kief a shout (FC4 from F80Post here). Last Monday afternoon, I had no intention whatsoever of getting another car, but after seeing his post on the BMW forum, I went to the dealer and picked up an SVR that evening. This is the first car I've had which I didn't build from the factory and I kind of wish it had red interior and the CF roof, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Love it so far.

I will swap the tires for Michelin PS4s and add a tune/pulley from ECU Tuning Group in the near future. Otherwise, I'm looking to add a CF lip, diffuser, and other various bits but I can't seem to source them online. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Old 08-15-2017, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by SVR
Just wanted to give Kief a shout (FC4 from F80Post here). Last Monday afternoon, I had no intention whatsoever of getting another car, but after seeing his post on the BMW forum, I went to the dealer and picked up an SVR that evening. This is the first car I've had which I didn't build from the factory and I kind of wish it had red interior and the CF roof, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Love it so far.

I will swap the tires for Michelin PS4s and add a tune/pulley from ECU Tuning Group in the near future. Otherwise, I'm looking to add a CF lip, diffuser, and other various bits but I can't seem to source them online. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
My pleasure, and welcome to the forum!

If you plan on switching out your Pirellis sooner rather than later, I'll take them for when I return my lease...as a gift for helping score that beauty, right!?! You probably are planning the same thing however!

Old 08-15-2017, 11:17 AM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR

Thanks
Congrats on the SVR - I can understand why you couldn't say no!!!

We have some great tuning & pulley options for these cars, proven & reviewed by a huge number of forum members, if you're interested.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...8s-v8r-158091/

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 08-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR

Thanks
Congrats! What part of CA are you in?

To answer some of your questions: PS4's are definitely the way to go but I wouldn't be in a rush to swap out the factory tires unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket. As far as tunes go, there are about three or four companies out there that offer a tune but Stuart from VelocityAP is an active member on here and most people seem to favor the tune with great results. He can also set you up with pulleys, 200 cell cats, and a few other misc performance parts. As far as aftermarket exterior parts go, there isn't a go-to place for everything just yet as the aftermarket is just now starting to come out with parts for our F-Type. There are a few random companies online that sell carbon fiber pieces such as front lips, side splitters, rear diffusers, fixed wings, vents, etc...but it will take some researching to find what suits you!

Unfortunately (as I have learned myself) this car has a very niche market but I think over this next coming year we will start to see more options available. It will just never be as many options as there are for the ///M cars lol.

Last edited by FR500GT; 08-15-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:52 PM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Congrats! What part of CA are you in?

To answer some of your questions: PS4's are definitely the way to go but I wouldn't be in a rush to swap out the factory tires unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket. As far as tunes go, there are about three or four companies out there that offer a tune but Stuart from VelocityAP is an active member on here and most people seem to favor the tune with great results. He can also set you up with pulleys, 200 cell cats, and a few other misc performance parts. As far as aftermarket exterior parts go, there isn't a go-to place for everything just yet as the aftermarket is just now starting to come out with parts for our F-Type. There are a few random companies online that sell carbon fiber pieces such as front lips, side splitters, rear diffusers, fixed wings, vents, etc...but it will take some researching to find what suits you!

Unfortunately (as I have learned myself) this car has a very niche market but I think over this next coming year we will start to see more options available. It will just never be as many options as there are for the ///M cars lol.
I'm in the SF Bay Area.

I appreciate the info. Agreed, aftermarket options for this car are limited, but I'm not planning on anything other than basic bolt-ons. I'd be happy with 550 WHP on pump-gas.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Apparently the same as July 2017.
I went with 33/10: 58%; .00001 MF (yes, that many zeros!!!)

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...estions#latest
So you wound up with basically a $1,100/month payment for 33 months for a '17 R. Not bad at all

Old 08-17-2017, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
So you wound up with basically a $1,100/month payment for 33 months for a '17 R. Not bad at all
Thanks, but check that math again. I think you forgot to calculate the percentage off I negotiated. I'm not paying anywhere near that

I was able to negotiate close to 22% off, and with Jaguar/Chase's subvented lease deals, this equaled the perfect storm to score this beauty!

Old 08-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks, but check that math again. I think you forgot to calculate the percentage off I negotiated. I'm not paying anywhere near that
Good for you. I thought I had included the discount but perhaps my guesstimate starting point was high as I have been looking at ragtops rather than coupes.
~109K MSRP (R Conv) with a 22% discount yields ~$85K Selling price
58% residual results in value at end of those 33 months as ~$49K
Which means you have to pay off $36K over those 33 months or $1,090 + minuscule lease factor.

Last edited by ndabunka; 08-17-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:56 AM

Good for you. I thought I had included the discount but perhaps my guesstimate starting point was high as I have been looking at ragtops rather than coupes.
~109K MSRP (R Conv) with a 22% discount yields ~$85K Selling price
58% residual results in value at end of those 33 months as ~$49K
Which means you have to pay off $36K over those 33 months or $1,090 + minuscule lease factor.
That 58% residual is on the msrp ($112k), not the selling price ($88.5) of the car. Much lower...

Old 08-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

That 58% residual is on the msrp ($112k), not the selling price ($88.5) of the car. Much lower...
Really? WOW! I must admit, I am not much of a lease guy but now I can see why some are. Congrats

Old 08-17-2017, 08:03 AM

Really? WOW! I must admit, I am not much of a lease guy but now I can see why some are. Congrats
Thanks!
Now you know why I jumped on a plane to fly up to Buffalo and turned right around and drove back home to PA.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hehe, yeah I was also going to say you were off by a bit there. I didn't quite make it to the near 22% Kief got, but I was near 20.5% off for my R last week.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks!
Now you know why I jumped on a plane to fly up to Buffalo and turned right around and drove back home to PA.
Usually pay cash but at those kinds of low monthly numbers I will tell my wife it's your fault I am now looking at new, old stock SVRs as my next "play" car rather than paying cash for a used one....

Old 08-17-2017, 09:27 AM

Usually pay cash but at those kinds of low monthly numbers I will tell my wife it's your fault I am now looking at new, old stock SVRs as my next "play" car rather than paying cash for a used one....
Nice...blame me! lol
Just keep in mind, JLR can pull these subvented lease numbers anytime now. It's just an attempt to clear out '17 stock

Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

Nice...blame me! lol
Just keep in mind, JLR can pull these subvented lease numbers anytime now. It's just an attempt to clear out '17 stock
Now that I know this I am actually taking her to look at a R vert today for lunch. I will message as I would like to learn a few minor details i fyou don't mind

Old 08-17-2017, 09:55 AM

Now that I know this I am actually taking her to look at a R vert today for lunch. I will message as I would like to learn a few minor details i fyou don't mind
Don't mind at all! I like to think we are all here to help one another when we can.

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (08-17-2017)