Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   I've bought my last Jaguar (an open letter to JLR) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/ive-bought-my-last-jaguar-open-letter-jlr-213716/)

JIMLIGHTA 02-06-2019 10:48 PM

I've bought my last Jaguar (an open letter to JLR)

Dear JLR,

First, I love both of my F-Types. Thank you to those who made Jaguar what it once was. The design was a masterpiece of performance, style and personality. It was the crown jewel of automotive goodness.

Sadly, we've figured out through the miracle of social media that the new cats have been de-tuned of their once-glorious roar. Why was this not made known? Until the newbies at JLR listen to your customer base, and stop addressing your own wants and needs at our expense, and until you stop forcing your new logic-free, business-agnostic religious agenda down your customers' throats, I'm out.

You are entiled to your fear that your own storied products will boil the ocean, but you are not entitled to actual auto enthusiasts' money. You need to pick which one you'd like to keep.

If you think it is a hard decision to ignore Jaguar in the future, well, it's not. Your newest F-Type "R-Dynamic" (there is nothing R or Dynamic about it, my Orwellian UK friends) gets royally smoked in both performance and value by an upscale Honda Civic or a Kia Stinger. That's helpful for my Jaguar cars' struggling resale statistics, thanks.

The primary reason I bought my first and second F-Type was their irreverant exhaust note's middle finger to the church of car haters who have decided that CO2 kills green plants. Now that's gone to a hasty course change, both ignorant and disrespectful to the historic pillars of your own brand.

What's next? Wait, don't tell me... making the F-Type an EV? A high profit margin golfcart? Are you girls nuts?

You have successfully reversed a customer for life. Enjoy your political activism. Once-hallowed Jaguar is gone. God Save Steve McQueen.

4x4uk 02-07-2019 04:46 AM

give me strength. in one thread you are complaining that F types are illegal due to noise. Now you are complaining that Jaguar are ignoring their customers because they are producing cars to meet current and pending laws.

Please go buy a Prius and leave us in peace

scm 02-07-2019 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4uk (Post 2024400)
give me strength. in one thread you are complaining that F types are illegal due to noise. Now you are complaining that Jaguar are ignoring their customers because they are producing cars to meet current and pending laws.

In fairness, he's complaining about California regarding the noise, not Jaguar. You may not like him, but he is consistent. ;)

SinF 02-07-2019 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by scm (Post 2024403)
You may not like him, but he is consistent. ;)

Yes, consistent in concern-trolling.

Noshame 02-07-2019 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=scm;2024403]In fairness, he's complaining about California regarding the noise, not Jaguar. You may not like him, but he is consistent. ;)[/QUOTE
Yes he is consistent. He does make some good points. Must be a politician or Lawyer. He seems to have a very thick skin, good for you JIMLIGHTA:icon_eddie:

CRS 123 02-07-2019 10:57 AM

Such drama....must be exhausting.
CRS

Lani Kai 02-07-2019 11:43 AM

I read it in a Jeremy Clarkson voice

Jaggyx 02-07-2019 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by CRS 123 (Post 2024517)
Such drama....must be exhausting.
CRS

Naw, it's fun stuff

sparky fuze 02-07-2019 12:56 PM

I was most curious about which follow-on thread would be chosen by the site scroll-down feature to succeed this one.

BruceTheQuail 02-07-2019 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lani Kai (Post 2024524)
I read it in a Jeremy Clarkson voice

If you read it in Apu's voice from the Simpsons, it's much more entertaining

Suaro 02-07-2019 05:56 PM

Hasta la vista.

FType17 02-07-2019 06:03 PM

The time it too to write that... I can think of at least 10 better uses.

Stwsam 02-07-2019 06:05 PM

Modify the beast

Firstly r-dynamic is marketing. Secondly just modify your ftype to your liking! You bought it it , own it, enjoy it.

lizzardo 02-07-2019 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Noshame (Post 2024499)
Yes he is consistent. He does make some good points. Must be a politician or Lawyer. He seems to have a very thick skin, good for you JIMLIGHTA:icon_eddie:

Good points? That's an interesting theory ... well, not really. He's got a poor enough grasp of science to be a politician though.

lizzardo 02-07-2019 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by sparky fuze (Post 2024542)
I was most curious about which follow-on thread would be chosen by the site scroll-down feature to succeed this one.

Looks like the "JLR dead last in initial quality" thread, at least right now.

JIMLIGHTA 02-07-2019 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by lizzardo (Post 2024692)
Good points? That's an interesting theory ... well, not really. He's got a poor enough grasp of science to be a politician though.

​​​​​​You are too young to remember: same religious fanatics, different "science..."

lizzardo 02-07-2019 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by JIMLIGHTA (Post 2024737)
​​​​​​You are too young to remember.

Too young? You make too many assumptions. I remember those shows, first run.

Anyone claiming carbon dioxide kills plants is, at the very best, ignorant. Anyone claiming that carbon dioxide's *only* effect is on consumption by plants is equally ignorant, at best.

JIMLIGHTA 02-07-2019 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by lizzardo (Post 2024742)
Too young? You make too many assumptions. I remember those shows, first run.

Anyone claiming carbon dioxide kills plants is, at the very best, ignorant. Anyone claiming that carbon dioxide's *only* effect is on consumption by plants is equally ignorant, at best.

I've said all along, the "green" movement is 100% about the selfish comfort of human beings, lush "green" house effect on the environment be damned. It's all about you.

Thats the current sermon. Yesterday it was the polar opposite settled science, but the same religious crusade for other peoples' money.

​​​​​​I thought you agreed to give it a rest?

JIMLIGHTA 02-07-2019 10:23 PM

It's January, I'm going for a ride, my brown lawn needs a booster shot.

lizzardo 02-07-2019 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by JIMLIGHTA (Post 2024745)
I've said all along, the "green" movement is 100% about the selfish comfort of human beings, lush "green" house effect on the environment be damned. It's all about you.

Thats the current sermon. Yesterday it was the polar opposite settled science, but the same religious crusade for other peoples' money.

​​​​​​I thought you agreed to give it a rest?

I didn't *agree* to anything. I think I stated you were tiresome, or words to that effect. You still are. "In Search of"? When I was a pre-teen I thought ancient astronauts and bigfoot were real. The proof isn't there. Your statements smack of psuedo-religious dogma and lack supporting evidence.