F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

January 17, having C Quartz applied to the car.... how has anyone's experience

Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default January 17, having C Quartz applied to the car.... how has anyone's experience

been with this product?

Old 01-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigcat
been with this product?
No personal experience, but I hear that Opti-Coat Pro and C Quartz are the two leading contenders.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigcat
been with this product?
I've had 2 cars done totally in cquartz. It's an amazing product! You won't be disappointed. The depth of clear coat shine is just phenomenal!

Old 01-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

There was not a detailer in my area that offered C Quartz so I went with Ceramic Pro and I am very pleased with it. During the first rain we had after it was applied, the water rolled off in sheets while the remainder beaded and then just disappeared. Not one spot. You could not even tell it had rained. The true test will come in May when we are inundated by thousands of Love Bugs that stick to the front of the car like glue.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

Dealer is trying to sell me the X-Pack interior and exterior treatment from MotorOne X-PACK - Protection in Xtreme Situations » MotorOne

I've always been highly skeptical about protection products sold by dealers. Does anyone have any thoughts on this product, or protection products in general?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Dealer is trying to sell me the X-Pack interior and exterior treatment from MotorOne X-PACK - Protection in Xtreme Situations » MotorOne

I've always been highly skeptical about protection products sold by dealers. Does anyone have any thoughts on this product, or protection products in general?
Oz, I'm with you and always been a skeptic. I hand-wash frequently, use clean micro-fiber towels, and wax often enough to keep water beading up. My cars have always retained that new car look many years later without using them. However, the majority of active participants here swear by them.

The following users liked this post:
OzRisk (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Oz, I'm with you and always been a skeptic. I hand-wash frequently, use clean micro-fiber towels, and wax often enough to keep water beading up. My cars have always retained that new car look many years later without using them. However, the majority of active participants here swear by them.
Foosh, I fully agree that careful washing and waxing can maintain the original shine for years. My 13 year old MINI is proof (except for the high speed paint chips on the hood). However, quartz coatings add an incredible depth to the paint, giving it a candy apple appearance. I will be giving it a try when my beast arrives.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
OzRisk (01-08-2015), sherbercars (01-09-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I actually do high-end paint correction & detailing, so I speak from a bit of experience here...

When it comes to protecting the paint finish on your vehicle, you essentially have three options:
Wax, sealant or coating.

What most people don't realize is - the shine/reflection that you see is achieved from the prep (washing, claying, polishing, etc.) prior to applying the LSP (last step product)

90% of the shine comes from the prep, while the other 10% is LSP

Waxes
Generally defined as any product that contains a natural or synthetic waxy ingredients that are intended to protect the paint and/or add beauty to the paint. These types traditional waxes will wear off under normal wear-n-tear, repeated washings and exposure to the environment.

Paint Sealants
Generally defined as any protection product that contains man-made or synthetic ingredients that are intended to protect the paint and/or add beauty to the paint. These traditional sealants will wear off under normal wear-n-tear, repeated washing and exposure to the environment.

Coatings
Generally defined as any paint protection product that contains man-made or synthetic protection ingredients that are intended to permanently bond to the paint to both provide a barrier-coating of protection as well as create a clear, high gloss finish. The products available in this category are considered permanent coatings because like your car's paint, they cannot be removed unless you purposefully remove them or you purposefully neglect them.

For those that enjoy washing and waxing, a coating makes no sense - If you don't wash often, and never want to wax/seal, a coating makes sense.

I personally don't care for coatings.

The following 7 users liked this post by Joz132:
DJS (01-08-2015), F-TypeRookie (01-08-2015), Foosh (01-08-2015), OzRisk (01-08-2015), sherbercars (01-09-2015), tberg (01-08-2015), Unhingd (01-08-2015) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Someone is applying sand to your car? Confused...

Old 01-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Joz132
I actually do high-end paint correction & detailing, so I speak from a bit of experience here...

When it comes to protecting the paint finish on your vehicle, you essentially have three options:
Wax, sealant or coating.

What most people don't realize is - the shine/reflection that you see is achieved from the prep (washing, claying, polishing, etc.) prior to applying the LSP (last step product)

Waxes
Generally defined as any product that contains a natural or synthetic waxy ingredients that are intended to protect the paint and/or add beauty to the paint. These types traditional waxes will wear off under normal wear-n-tear, repeated washings and exposure to the environment.

Paint Sealants
Generally defined as any protection product that contains man-made or synthetic ingredients that are intended to protect the paint and/or add beauty to the paint. These traditional sealants will wear off under normal wear-n-tear, repeated washing and exposure to the environment.

Coatings
Generally defined as any paint protection product that contains man-made or synthetic protection ingredients that are intended to permanently bond to the paint to both provide a barrier-coating of protection as well as create a clear, high gloss finish. The products available in this category are considered permanent coatings because like your car's paint, they cannot be removed unless you purposefully remove them or you purposefully neglect them.

For those that enjoy washing and waxing, a coating makes no sense - If you don't wash often, and never want to wax/seal, a coating makes sense.

I agree 100%

It is all in the prep.

I too do detailing and I prefer for a LSP is to use Menzerna Power Lock

2 coats, 3 hour cure in between coats. should last 3-6 months depending on what you use to wash your car.

If you hand wash and use the cheap car wash soap from the major brands. This will strip the sealant. If you use a good quality car wash shampoo that is gentle you should get 6 months minimum.

Joz132 (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by zach05855

I prefer for a LSP is to use Menzerna Power Lock
+1 on the Menzerna line of products.

I'm a big fan of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, which I believe is very similar to Power Lock.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

+1 on the Menzerna line of products.

I'm a big fan of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, which I believe is very similar to Power Lock.
Some of The Wolfgang product is made by Menzerna , I think they actually say so on their web site.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by zach05855
Some of The Wolfgang product is made by Menzerna , I think they actually say so on their web site.
yup, they are.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

Wax, sealant or coating.

Waxes

Paint Sealants

Coatings

Does the coatings not help in preventing paint chips.??

Old 01-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by sherbercars
Does the coatings not help in preventing paint chips.??
No, no coating can prevent rock chips, however it MAY protect the paint from road rash caused by tiny sand fragments at high speed.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

No, no coating can prevent rock chips, however it MAY protect the paint from road rash caused by tiny sand fragments at high speed.
Sorry thats what I realy meant ( road rash ). not actual rock chips.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by sherbercars
Sorry thats what I realy meant ( road rash ). not actual rock chips.
The average thickness of a layer of coating is between 0.7 µm ~1.5 µm. That obviously doesn't provide much protection against road rash/debris. The main purpose of the coating is to provide protection against bird droppings, insects, acid rain, etc.

Keep in mind, the coating will suffer the cosmetic damage of these things, and hopefully leave the clear-coat underneath it unscathed.

You will still get swirls, scratches and imperfections - they would have to be buffed out and the coating re-applied.

...hope that makes sense

sherbercars (01-10-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Old 01-11-2015, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member

My 2 cents: in 40 years of new cars, washing, clay barring and waxing, I've never seen that kind of shine until these new coatings arrived. I'm going to give one of them at least one try at it.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

At 1:15 and 1:34, they refer to "the holograms" - what do they mean? At 1:34, it say "holograms removed". Huh?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: January 17, having C Quartz applied to the car.... how has anyone's experience