Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Joining the club! FINALLY!! 😁 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/joining-club-finally-278389/)

nsx4pete 03-15-2024 04:12 PM

Joining the club! FINALLY!! 😁

Hi all,
just wanted to introduce myself to the group as I finally purchased my God car, a 2016 F type V6! Has all the features I was looking for. BSM, sensors, camera, full seat pack, glass roof and heated steering. Local car with under 30k miles for 30k!
Black on black. LOVE IT!

Considered S or R but eventually found low mileage clean title one owner and pulled the trigger!
His name is Alistair! Yes I name my British cars lol.
Had its first service today. Oil/filter (Liquid Moli) and Differential oil change (preventative care reasons).
Clean oil and no sludge or metal 😁

The info on this forum has been so helpful so far and can’t thank the members enough for their valuable knowledge!
Lord PZK

nsx4pete 03-15-2024 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=nsx4pete;2731292]Hi all,
just wanted to introduce myself to the group as I finally purchased my God car, a 2016 F type V6! Has all the features I was looking for. BSM, sensors, camera, full seat pack, glass roof and heated steering. Local car with under 30k miles for 30k!
Black on black. LOVE IT!

Considered S or R but eventually found low mileage clean title one owner and pulled the trigger!
Had its first service today. Oil/filter (Liquid Moli) and Differential oil change (preventative care reasons).

The info on this forum has been so helpful so far and can’t thank the members enough for their valuable knowledge!
Lord PZK
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...0ebcb5c919.png

PaulBarrrera 03-15-2024 06:32 PM

Wecome!

dibbyandco 03-16-2024 04:56 AM

Well done and welcome! My car is ultimate black, so nice. Bugger to keep clean!

Dwight Frye 03-16-2024 08:32 AM

Welcome to the club. That's a beauty. I have owned a black car before and yes, they are hard to keep clean. But when clean and waxed they sure do look great, especially on a sports car and one with some chrome and/or bright trim and wheels. I don't care for the totally blacked out look. I wanted a black F Type but when I saw the Santorini Black in person I discovered it was a metallic black rather than a regular gloss black. It still looked good, but not exactly what I wanted.

Lots of helpful and knowledgeable people here so feel free to ask questions.

ThunderKitty 03-17-2024 03:21 PM

Congrats!

BruceTheQuail 03-17-2024 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by dibbyandco (Post 2731395)
Well done and welcome! My car is ultimate black, so nice. Bugger to keep clean!

You probably know this already, but this might help, it was a game changer for me. In my very amateur experience, the less buffing the less static the less dust. So I use a product call Polish Angel, my cars get a once a year clay and "proper" wax, then when they have a wash they get a wipe on wipe of wax with Polish Angel Rapidwaxx, really super easy and they can go several weeks between washes as they dont attract dust. I found the silicone based products with a lot of buffing, you'd do it at night and then in the morning there would be a film of dust on them and that is (I understand) because the buffing creates static electricity which sucks the dust on.

Anyway everyone has their own tips, but hopefully this will help someone, it certainly has made my car care life easier.

Dwight Frye 03-18-2024 09:25 AM

BruceTheQuail, thanks for the tip on the Polish Angel Rapidwaxx. I live in a somewhat dusty environment and keeping the dust off of my F Type is difficult. I ordered a 200 ml size bottle from an American distributor named Esoteric Car Care. With UPS shipping it came out to $34.94. They have smaller and larger sizes available as well but that should be a good start. I have Turtlewax One and Done Graphene on the car now and there should be no problems applying the Rapidwaxx on top of a freshly washed surface.

I have no affiliation with the manufacturer or distributor. I'll let everyone know how it works.

diablo2112 03-18-2024 08:28 PM

Beautiful!

Black on a car isn't a color. It's a hobby.

Enjoy!

PaulBarrrera 03-18-2024 08:37 PM

It's not a hobby, it's a commitment!

Luc Lapierre 03-19-2024 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by nsx4pete (Post 2731292)
Hi all,
Black on black. LOVE IT!

Lord PZK

Congrats!

Funnily enough, the jag mechanic I go to is named Alistair 😆

F-type-r-2022 03-20-2024 05:18 AM

Hi all,
Black on black. LOVE IT!

Lord PZK

Good for you but it’s deals like these that make me feel glad that they changed the lights for thr new models. Nothing worse than a guy pulling up to a $130,000 R with a $30,000 V6 and saying “we have the same car”!😂🤦🏼‍♀️😂

nsx4pete 03-20-2024 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by F-type-r-2022 (Post 2732696)
Good for you but it’s deals like these that make me feel glad that they changed the lights for thr new models. Nothing worse than a guy pulling up to a $130,000 R with a $30,000 V6 and saying “we have the same car”!😂🤦🏼‍♀️😂

LOOOLOLOL!
I like to think I’m driving an $80k Jaaaag with a $50k discount that no one else is the wiser that I purchased used!

More importantly, we car aficionados know better than to say “we have the same car”. No no no, the correct response would be, “we have the same fine taste in automobiles” and politely nod.

We Jaguar owners are classy like that 😉
Ld. PZK

DMeister 03-21-2024 06:32 AM

Congrats!

SPEED FREAK 03-22-2024 12:46 PM

Nice ride

[QUOTE=nsx4pete;2731294]

Hi all,
Black on black. LOVE IT!

Lord PZK

welcome

Pupilbone 03-22-2024 12:49 PM

[QUOTE=nsx4pete;2731294]

Hi all,
Black on black. LOVE IT!

Lord PZK

Welcome and congratulations on acquiring a beautiful car at a great price!

nsx4pete 03-23-2024 10:09 AM

Thanks!

Have been enjoying it so far!!

I successfully aligned the hood and fenders and bumper. Happy with results!

Ordered BK44 injector cleaner and just arrived. Curious to see if I’ll feel any difference.

LF. PZK