Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Looking at replacing the rotors on the 2015 FType R (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/looking-replacing-rotors-2015-ftype-r-220410/)

Tpaxc 07-12-2019 10:42 AM

Looking at replacing the rotors on the 2015 FType R

Any suggestions. I want to put more appealing rotors with a slotted or cross drilled look with ceramic pads. Any recommendations, I’m located in the states?

RGPV6S 07-12-2019 10:50 AM

A while back there was a group buy of Wortec rotors. You might check them out.

Jaggyx 07-12-2019 11:18 AM

I've been wanting to go with something either cross drilled or slotted as well, but one of my biggest visual pet peeves on a car is rotor rust. R1 Concepts sells rotors at a decent price for just about every car out there and they do offer cross drilled, slotted, etc. which I was somewhat tempted by.

I spoke to one of their sales reps earlier this week and asked them point blank, if rust would eventually appear on a slotted rotor, even with their GEOMET coating, which is apparently stronger than a zinc coating. The gentleman that I spoke to said eventually, and surface on the rotor that is not swept by the pad will eventually rust.

I don't know how true this is plenty of folks run slotted/drilled rotors, but I personally don't want to have to replace the rotors again if I start to see rusted slots in my rotors, so I opted for the 380mm blanks which oddly enough, are the most expensive option...

Tpaxc 07-12-2019 12:54 PM

I just hate the look of having an open wheel with a clean face rotor. I see them on all high-end performance cars and then I see them on the Jaguar and I’m just so curious as to why Jaguar would not put on a nicer looking rotor for the price tag on these cars. I absolutely need to get the ceramic pads because the amount of brake dust that I get is ridiculous on my black wheels

Tpaxc 07-12-2019 12:54 PM

I did look at the R1 and also the Hawk black rotor.

Unhingd 07-12-2019 01:51 PM

Replacing all 4 corners with Wortec’s will cost about $2600, but will reduce unsprung weight by almost 40 lbs. Well worth the money.

It’s been a real wet year here, and the face of the rotor is the only place that rust appears. That’s 100% gone when you get to the end of the driveway.

The serrated sunburst circumference makes these rotors look particularly exotic.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...d8e67fd58.jpeg

Tpaxc 07-12-2019 02:00 PM

Do they ship to the states

Unhingd 07-12-2019 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tpaxc (Post 2097940)
Do they ship to the states

Yes, most of those F-Type rotors were shipped to the US.

Jaggyx 07-12-2019 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd (Post 2097934)
Replacing all 4 corners with Wortec’s will cost about $2600, but will reduce unsprung weight by almost 40 lbs. Well worth the money.

It’s been a real wet year here, and the face of the rotor is the only place that rust appears. That’s 100% gone when you get to the end of the driveway.

The serrated sunburst circumference makes these rotors look particularly exotic.

They look killer. Definitely on my list to do after my "mod budget" recovers from the BC forged wheels. ;)

jaguny 07-12-2019 03:52 PM

I will be in the market for a rotor upgrade at some point in the future. I too need to rebuild the budget for mods. Maybe a future group Wortec buy. Unhinged and a few others pitched in to orchestrate that. I think all the info is in that thread. Maybe after the first of the year?

BruceTheQuail 07-12-2019 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tpaxc (Post 2097912)
I did look at the R1 and also the Hawk black rotor.

The Wortecs would be better with the weight savings and exotic looks, but I had R1's put on a few months ago and they look awesome compared to OEM, and there is a noticeable improvement in the feel, you can really feel them bite. Strewth they are heavy, though.