Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Loud turn signal and phone use (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/loud-turn-signal-phone-use-217760/)

jaguny 05-14-2019 05:16 AM

Loud turn signal and phone use

I have many complaints about how loud the turn signals are from people I call when phone is piped through Bluetooth to car speakers. They say it is not just annoying, but not tolerable on their end. Anyway to remedy this other than not to make any turns or just use hand signals like it's 1906? (We did learn these in high school defensive driving school, so I could resort to this.)

OzXFR 05-14-2019 05:23 AM

Just stop calling people!
And don't answer the phone if it's from an unknown number.
These days with all the spam and marketing phone calls I never answer either my land line or mobile unless it shows as someone in my phone book.
If it's really urgent or important they can always leave a voice mail or send a text.

scm 05-14-2019 06:44 AM

When on a call, pretend you're driving a BMW - no noise from the indicators then! :D

Unhingd 05-14-2019 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR (Post 2070348)
Just stop calling people!
And don't answer the phone

+1. Hands-free is no safer than a hand held. You only need one hand to drive, but you also need a whole brain.

Nati 05-14-2019 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
I have many complaints about how loud the turn signals are from people I call when phone is piped through Bluetooth to car speakers. They say it is not just annoying, but not tolerable on their end. Anyway to remedy this other than not to make any turns or just use hand signals like it's 1906? (We did learn these in high school defensive driving school, so I could resort to this.)

Get the same complaint. No good way to remedy unfortunately. Sometimes I hit mute on my phone while signaling.

jaguny 05-14-2019 06:37 PM

Thanks Nati, good thought. To everyone else, call me when I'm driving ;)

lizzardo 05-15-2019 11:12 AM

When this was first pointed out to me I did a little checking. The microphone for hands-free is in the instrument cluster. So is the noisemaker thingie for the signals. I rarely get calls, so it's not a problem for me but it seems a questionable design choice, at best.

eeeeek 05-15-2019 11:58 AM

I have the same issue. I alternate between just not using the signal and hitting mute.I think I'll look into making the noise go away. With turn signals that auto cancel and the little 3 flash for lane changes feature, the noise seems superfluous.

RGPV6S 05-15-2019 04:54 PM

I wish I could hear the turn signal clicker in my car. It makes no noise at all. I am frequently the dummy driving for miles with the turn signal on.

jaguny 05-16-2019 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by RGPV6S (Post 2071151)
I wish I could hear the turn signal clicker in my car. It makes no noise at all. I am frequently the dummy driving for miles with the turn signal on.

Hmm, if you ever have the desire to get it fixed, let me know how it came to be that way so I can get mine to be quiet. Maybe some one with technical knowledge know how those sounds are generated.