Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Motor Press Guild Invitational - 2016 F type world debut (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/motor-press-guild-invitational-2016-f-type-world-debut-131369/)

dsnyder586 11-19-2014 08:35 AM

It's a picture perfect morning here in LA, the sun is about to rise up over the buildings and excitement is in the air.

Originally Posted by JimC64 (Post 1104525)
Hmmm, gotta be around 05.45am LA time, so I'm guessing some of the guys may be up n around getting ready to go?

Looking forward to posts and info....

Have a great time guys...

dsnyder586 11-19-2014 09:27 AM

Guess what just drove up? 6 speed manual transmission? Sure, we have that.

Originally Posted by dsnyder586 (Post 1104578)
It's a picture perfect morning here in LA, the sun is about to rise up over the buildings and excitement is in the air.

buickfunnycar.com 11-19-2014 10:05 AM

Oh Boy...!

Originally Posted by dsnyder586 (Post 1104608)
Guess what just drove up? 6 speed manual transmission? Sure, we have that.

Man you guys are lucky dogs...I wish I was in your shoes but I'll just have to wait on pins and needles until 2:40 to read all about it!

Can't wait to see the pictures...please find out if they've bumped HP in any of the models.

JimC64 11-19-2014 10:06 AM

Cool....

See below the link to our JF page on Facebook.......any details, info, pics etc posted there too would be great

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jagua...?ref=bookmarks

JimC64 11-19-2014 10:36 AM

Looks like an AWD badge on the boot

http://laautoshow.com/wp-content/upl...m_jagftype.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.cWc&cad=rja

ajmarton 11-19-2014 11:18 AM

17 Attachment(s)
I went to the event this morning at the LA Convention Center (venue for the LA Car Show this week). Perfect weather of course - nice morning sky from my house. The plaza area had a tent with all sorts of interesting classics. Then there was a line of breakfast food trucks for food (all free of course). Crepes were very tasty. Justin Bell showed up to introduce the new F-Type S V6 manual transmission. I hope to be back this afternoon for the second event. Also, Jaguar is dropping off the Coupe tomorrow morning. I will keep everyone posted. I'm curious to see how different the driving experience is from my convertible S.

dsnyder586 11-19-2014 11:36 AM

Feel free to check out dsnyder586 on Instagram for momore photos

JimC64 11-19-2014 11:44 AM

Looking good guys, weather looks great ( no surprise there ) some really nice shiny metal too

F type looks awesome

JimC64 11-19-2014 11:51 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Some of David's pics below.....Jags are looking good!

Stohlen 11-19-2014 04:24 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I'll leave this here...

JimC64 11-19-2014 07:31 PM

Order placed...nice!!

Keep us informed of the build date / delivery etc

Congrats you lucky devil

dsnyder586 11-19-2014 07:37 PM

Wow, what an incredible day! Thanks to Jaguar and Jaguar forums for the experience, it was amazing. Tberg, Ralphwg and I had a grand time walking the floor and swapping stories.

We had all access for the day and were able to see what the future holds for Jaguar as well as every other car maker. There was breakfast, free coffee and scotch at some exhibits (although we only had coffee)

It was nice to have the access and amenities for the day- I must say friends were definitely jealous!

Misa and the marketing folks were very friendly, and we were able to relay the depth of community and admiration Jaguar forums provides, as well as the fact that it is *bar none* the best automotive community forums in the world- they agreed.

I took video of the Project 7, The Ftype manual rolling up and the press conference- I will post the youtube links once they finish uploading.

Thank you again, it was a great time.

JimC64 11-19-2014 07:40 PM

Thanks David, good to hear back and glad you had a great day.

Sounds like it was all go with lots to take in?
Really good that there were a number of you there to bounce off each other, always make it that much more interesting with like minded folk.

Really looking forward to more pics and the videos when you can

Thanks

dsnyder586 11-19-2014 08:12 PM

aholbro1 11-19-2014 10:33 PM

Really bummed that I had to bow out due to the fickleness of business travel...but thankful Jim was able to react in time and arrange a full set of forum members to take advantage of Jaguar Cars' generous offer. Looking forward to more reports and pics!
Great job, guys.

tberg 11-19-2014 11:00 PM

Just walked in after a day that started at 4am with meeting with my construction guys then the race to get downtown from the valley. Met Ralph and David at the breakfast and then went into the main event where we were greeted with an all F-type lineup (no other Jaguars were there as they are bringing them in tonight for the show opening). The lineup included manual 6spd V-6's, AWD coupes and convertibles, Project 7 production car and announcements at the press conference of more good things to come. Spent the whole day with a new friend, David, and all morning with Ralph as well.

Highlight of the show? A stunning new XKR shaped coupe from Maserati due in two years, simply one of the most beautiful cars I've seen in many years.
This is what the next XKR should look like, and this will hurt Aston Martin!

Too tired to download photos but will add some tomorrow.

JimC64 11-20-2014 09:52 AM

Looking forward to more info and pics Ted

tberg 11-20-2014 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not very tech savy, so hopefully, this photo of the Maserati prototype shows up from my phone.

buickfunnycar.com 11-20-2014 10:00 AM

That is a very sexy automobile...

tberg 11-20-2014 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good lookin' arse, too! On the car, of course!